Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 12:43 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
32, no problem with it (more women should do it if they want).....if I was attracted to her the relationship would advance, If not I wouldn't call. But note this goes for both women and men....don't fish out of your league.
why not? I still haven't figured out what my league is, and if he doesn't call, what have I lost, really? If you're going to do this, you can't invest too much emotionally in the outcome b/c you never know what he's got going at home. Many many people are at some stage of a relationship. You have married men w/o rings, men with SO's and therefore no rings, gay men who aren't obvious, men who are trying to start a relationship with someone else, or men who are just getting out of a relationship and aren't ready to start a new one. Really, what are the chances that he will call even if he's well within your league? Just hand him the number and assume he won't be calling and be ready to tell yourself that it's for one of the above reasons and not b/c he's not interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 01:29 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
If a girl is attractive to a guy she can write her name and number on a used piece of toilet paper and most guys wouldn't blink.

Nothing wrong with a nice little note, I think most guys would be flattered at the least. I'm 42 and it wouldn't bother me at all. Even if I didn't find her attractive it would bring a smile to my face and brighten my day.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:07 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'm not a guy, but may I suggest a business card instead of a written note? I do think a quickly written note with your number on it sounds a little immature at best (and swingin' 70s at best). So...if anything...go for the business card.
In a way you have a point, however a lot of people just hand out their business cards as they're trying to drum up business. So you would have to use the approach a tad differently.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:15 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
In a way you have a point, however a lot of people just hand out their business cards as they're trying to drum up business. So you would have to use the approach a tad differently.
So, sit down tonight and write up a stack of personalized hand written messages that look like you just wrote them on the spur of the moment and add a personalized comment, like, "Love your beard, Mr.!" and keep them in your purse for when opportunity calls. You could file them under categories like blonde men, bald men, bearded men, well muscled men, etc. I mean, I would hate to be caught out w/o a piece of toilet paper when I need it most. (Sorry, I'm just being silly.) And hey Bobs, you got your star!

Old 11-29-2010, 03:18 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,743,495 times
What is the business card was from Starbucks?

Old 11-29-2010, 03:22 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,743,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
So, sit down tonight and write up a stack of personalized hand written messages that look like you just wrote them on the spur of the moment and add a personalized comment, like, "Love your beard, Mr.!" and keep them in your purse for when opportunity calls. You could file them under categories like blonde men, bald men, bearded men, well muscled men, etc. I mean, I would hate to be caught out w/o a piece of toilet paper when I need it most. (Sorry, I'm just being silly.) And hey Bobs, you got your star!

How about make an imaginary business with yourself as the CEO and your cell phone number. It could be something really odd like a business that makes clones of peoples pets or a butt implant manufacturer.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:24 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
Guys, if a girl left you a note with her number with no previous interaction at all, would you consider it childish and a turn-off? What would you think of her? Let's consider both possibilities of whether you were attracted to her or not. Thanks for your input .

Happened to me before, the recptionist at my dentist sent me a note in the mail saying how she liked me and stuff and listed her number. Not knowing exactly which one it was at the office next time I went I secretly found out and she wasn't my style other wise I would have followed through.

So yes it could set things in motion depending.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:08 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I did it with a business card and dated the guy for 5 years. So, it does work.

It's an odd story I'll keep personal, but he initiated it by the way he looked at me and me at him at this place and I asked the guy that worked there if he knew this guy and he said, "he comes in about once a week." So, I left my business card with him with a note on the back and in a week, flowers arrived at my office.
Awwwwww....what a great story! So romantic

Old 11-29-2010, 04:30 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
So I was thinking about this the other day when I caught a cute eye eyeing me at the library. There are places where it's difficult to approach someone, like say the library, bus stop, food court, stores, etc., and I know most guys wouldn't approach a girl in those circumstances, so I was wondering...
Guys, if a girl left you a note with her number with no previous interaction at all, would you consider it childish and a turn-off? What would you think of her? Let's consider both possibilities of whether you were attracted to her or not. Thanks for your input .
Major turn-ON!

Old 11-29-2010, 05:02 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
I've done this. I was visiting my mom's church. I noticed this guy and he noticed me. He would come over to speak to my mom. Turn and say, so how are you childfree. I'm good. My mom said, he would ask about me, when I didn't show. I dropped mom off and left a note on his car. A week later he called.

Ladies, you ever notice some guys are more attractive with their trap shut. He was a total and complete azz.

One of my best friends is a guy. He said, he would love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships