Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 09:04 PM
miu

17,758 posts, read 40,013,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
I am dating someone my own age.

is that pertinent to this thread?

Jonathan
And do you object to older men that date women that are obviously a lot younger than they are?

I was just curious if you were objecting to all age gap relationships, or just ones that involved older women with younger men. That's all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 09:28 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,610,917 times
I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with older men dating younger women, or older women dating older men, or older women dating younger men, or any other variation. If they are happy, I am happy for them.

My thread, is "Older Women VS Cougars"

I am talking about the women, who have spent more money on plastic surgery, and on chemical micro derma abrasion and refuse to age with grace and dignity, and who cling onto there youth.

You know, Cougars.

Jonathan

Old 12-21-2010, 09:43 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,920,671 times
Quote:
I am talking about the women, who have spent more money on plastic surgery, and on chemical micro derma abrasion and refuse to age with grace and dignity, and who cling onto there youth.

You know, Cougars.
They're not necessarily cougars... They just can't let go of their youth. I thought I'd age gracefully, too, but even though I don't plan on any of the above and a lot of people seem to think I age like a fine wine, I'm still kickin' and screamin'.

Old 12-21-2010, 09:43 PM

48,273 posts, read 34,402,478 times
Quote:
Since we have been talking about older women, and our appreciation of them, what do people think about "Cougars"

Personally I am repulsed by them, Women who refuse to age gracefully and who dress, act, and visit there botux clinical every second Tuesday.

Here's to the ladies that lunch, aren't they the BEST
I think you meant well, but there is sooo much wrong with all of the above....

What is aging gracefully? Letting yourself get saggy, letting the hair go grey, muumuu's? Never use a moisturizer? At what point is personal maintenance too much for you?

To me there is dressing appropriate, but not really "age" appropriate. You should dress on what looks good on you, where you're going, etc.

When you reference "ladies who lunch"... they are ususally women of means and women of means normally make use of botox and facelifts... they have the money to do so.

I'm nearing 44 and I have no intention of trying to look 20, but I want to look as good as possible for my age.

Thus the gym, brazillian straightening, retin A, and I would consider botox. Not "the face shows no expression" botox, just a little.

I'm just curious... Is dying your hair ok? If so, why not any of the other stuff?

And the term cougar ususally refers to women who actively go after younger men...

Old 12-21-2010, 10:44 PM
miu

17,758 posts, read 40,013,892 times
Quote:
I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with older men dating younger women, or older women dating older men, or older women dating younger men, or any other variation. If they are happy, I am happy for them.

My thread, is "Older Women VS Cougars"

You know, Cougars.

Jonathan
I don't think that your definition of a "cougar" is the same as what most of the rest of us consider them to be... I think that you are just objecting to all old people who use Botox or have plastic surgery on their faces and the rest of their bodies in order to remove wrinkles and other signs of aging. Like David Hasselhoff. His face looks scary these days.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:31 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,610,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think you meant well, but there is sooo much wrong with all of the above....

What is aging gracefully? Letting yourself get saggy, letting the hair go grey, muumuu's? Never use a moisturizer? At what point is personal maintenance too much for you?

To me there is dressing appropriate, but not really "age" appropriate. You should dress on what looks good on you, where you're going, etc.

When you reference "ladies who lunch"... they are ususally women of means and women of means normally make use of botox and facelifts... they have the money to do so.

I'm nearing 44 and I have no intention of trying to look 20, but I want to look as good as possible for my age.

Thus the gym, brazillian straightening, retin A, and I would consider botox. Not "the face shows no expression" botox, just a little.

I'm just curious... Is dying your hair ok? If so, why not any of the other stuff?

And the term cougar ususally refers to women who actively go after younger men...
I never thought (but I am enjoying the 'debate') This thread would get so much discussion -

Lets start by saying I am a hypocrite on this thread.
I personally have had DRAMATIC plastic surgery (body lifts, butt lifts, arm lifts, chest reduction (I'm a guy)) and have spent my time sitting in the waiting room of a Park Avenue plastic surgeon.

When I have been in that waiting room, I saw many many women in there, who was getting something lifted, enlarged, injected or other.
they where chasing the 'pretty' dragon, trying to keep up to fashion or whats 'Vouge' or whatever.

If you want to dye your hair, or get botux, or ANYTHING that makes YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF - You have my full and absolute blessing..

But if your in that office, so you can get that 21year old trainer, or so you can look good in Cannes... well then I have a issue with you.

As I said above, I am NOT qualified to judge, without judging myself,
and that's why I started this thread, with a question and a song.

Jonathan

Old 12-22-2010, 06:48 AM

339 posts, read 712,448 times
MILF is actually a very complimentary term. It indicates you are a mom, but look great enough to "do." Not soccer mom, but HOT. So I definitely wouldn't throw anyone out the door who called me that. Plus my boyfriend has never been married or had children, but I have. I think the term fits perfectly for me

Old 12-22-2010, 07:24 AM

3,554 posts, read 4,365,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megan722 View Post
MILF is actually a very complimentary term. It indicates you are a mom, but look great enough to "do." Not soccer mom, but HOT. So I definitely wouldn't throw anyone out the door who called me that. Plus my boyfriend has never been married or had children, but I have. I think the term fits perfectly for me
My GF was not aware what the acronym MILF stood for. But, not long ago, she was described as being "MILFy" by a common friend of her daughter and mine. When she asked me what it meant, I suggested she google it. This was the look on her face after looking it up .

This was the look on my face after she did .

Old 10-10-2011, 07:09 AM

1 posts, read 916 times
older ladys in there 50's turn me on im only 41 but love them older then me becouse they know how to please a man in bed and out

Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 PM

973 posts, read 1,700,027 times
I wonder why this member decided to pull up such an old thread? At age 41, not sure he could be classified as "cougar" material! OR is there not an "age" for the prey??? Just wondering....and wondering too, as I didn't read the whole thing, if anyone even mentioned when and where this term began?? I think it was 8-9 years ago, but I know it began in Canada, and made its way here right around the Demi/Ashton meeting. AND all older women who want to look on the outside like how they FEEL on the outside, are not cougars by any means, so I don't see how having Botox and other things can make a woman this....sheeesh. Plus, I am 62 and my man is 42 and I am by no means a cougar.

Last edited by Sagitarrius48; 10-10-2011 at 07:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships