Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 02:55 PM

94 posts, read 375,352 times

Advertisements

Here's a question for you, as I'm sure it's happened to everyone at least once before.

The quick rundown, I used to work with this girl, and she was very flirtatious with me. Some of us went out one night, and everyone kind of crept into their own little areas, leaving just us two. I tried to be a little more forward with her, and she gave me the, "I can't! We work together and I've had troubles with that before." Ok fine, she was considering me as just a friend and nothing more.

Well she's now no longer working with me, yet we still text/chat. We still also hung out, as friends, but she started making little comments such as, "I'd totally make out with you right now." During the time, I think she was just being comfortable with me, AS A FRIEND. About a couple weeks ago, she was drinking a little at her place, and started texting me some very suggestive things (about having sleepovers with me, wearing nothing to bed, etc.), but none of which lead to anything that night. The next morning I again talked with her, telling her that I was still very much into her, and that she would need to be straight up with me about how she felt.

Got the typical, "You're such a good friend, and I know I'm very flirtatious with you. I was drinking, and there might of been some truth to that, but I'm not looking for a boyfriend right now." I replied that it was fine, and I dig at least having her as a friend.

But the thing is, I just can't seem to get past that all she wants to be is friends, and I'm holding out hope against hope that maybe something will indeed happen. We're supposed to hang out again this weekend perhaps (which I eagerly await), and I hate that the entire time, I'm going to be sitting there hoping something more could happen between us.

What have you done in these types of situations, where you just can't get someone out of your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 02:57 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times
Try using mental floss

Jonathan

Old 11-29-2010, 02:58 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,273,283 times
she's using you for attention and to boost her ego

quit talking to her and let it be

Old 11-29-2010, 03:06 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,391,410 times
I say play the rejection card on her for awhile. Avoid her texts and appear to be intersted in others besides her. I think right now she knows she could have you if she wanted you and she isn't seeing the fun in that. Play the game with her a bit and turn your interest elsewhere. I bet that will make her assess her true feelings for you. Good or bad, at least you would know.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:07 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Stay "friends" with her and at the same time find someone else and see if she "the flirtatious friend" shows an interest in you on a higher level, if you know what I mean. If she does, then you know that there was something more there than just "Friends". If not, then you know that she was being truthful with you and you may find a great alley in helping you o be a good significant other to another woman. Which in any case made be a good thing, "life long friends".

Old 11-29-2010, 03:13 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preditor74 View Post
What have you done in these types of situations, where you just can't get someone out of your head.
What are you into self punishment or something? You eagerly wait to have yet another let down by her again?

What would I do? Make a move and call her out, and if rejected move on to someone who is going to deliver.

You have done nothing to make her have to work for you, nothing to challenge her. Go find a chick that doesn't just tease because the siutation with this chick is basically hopeless.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:20 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Here's a question for you, as I'm sure it's happened to everyone at least once before.

The quick rundown, I used to work with this girl, and she was very flirtatious with me. Some of us went out one night, and everyone kind of crept into their own little areas, leaving just us two. I tried to be a little more forward with her, and she gave me the, "I can't! We work together and I've had troubles with that before." Ok fine, she was considering me as just a friend and nothing more.

Well she's now no longer working with me, yet we still text/chat. We still also hung out, as friends, but she started making little comments such as, "I'd totally make out with you right now." During the time, I think she was just being comfortable with me, AS A FRIEND. About a couple weeks ago, she was drinking a little at her place, and started texting me some very suggestive things (about having sleepovers with me, wearing nothing to bed, etc.), but none of which lead to anything that night. The next morning I again talked with her, telling her that I was still very much into her, and that she would need to be straight up with me about how she felt.

Got the typical, "You're such a good friend, and I know I'm very flirtatious with you. I was drinking, and there might of been some truth to that, but I'm not looking for a boyfriend right now." I replied that it was fine, and I dig at least having her as a friend.

But the thing is, I just can't seem to get past that all she wants to be is friends, and I'm holding out hope against hope that maybe something will indeed happen. We're supposed to hang out again this weekend perhaps (which I eagerly await), and I hate that the entire time, I'm going to be sitting there hoping something more could happen between us.

Hi Preditor74,

The bold part sealed your fate as her personal kick puppy. Your femme fatale fou pas is a blessing in disguise. Do you really want to be the orbital schlub? "How do we stand" to a femme fatale flirt is the opening scene to Crickets and Frogs in the Wilderness. Acting like that isn't going to get it ,and why would you want it? When she rubs up to grampa when you go out for milk, you'll see why you don't.

She is a creature of hookup culture, and that is not my area of interest. However, I will say that the next one she does sleep with will be a jerk.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 11-29-2010 at 03:32 PM..

Old 11-29-2010, 03:57 PM

120 posts, read 246,776 times
Best way is to start dating other women or get a hobby. Get rid of all her crap, pics, anything she gave you. Just do something to keep her off your mind. It's hard, but you can do it. We've all been there bro.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:22 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,739,508 times
She's hot and cold. If you got her, you'd never really have her, as she would go cold again. You'll end up more frustrated than you are now.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:27 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,349 times
Quote:

Any and all contact you keep with a woman after she turns you down other than a nice synonym for "later"(never) is a masochistic habit of self-torture.
Lose her number, move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships