Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you want to wake up next to LaoTzuMindFu?
yes 12 18.18%
no 54 81.82%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 02:56 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times

Advertisements

Awesome. 100 posts about me. Im feeling the love.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:58 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
So really, what is this thread about anyway? It seems to me that a lot of overweight women get mad when a guy makes it clear that he prefers a different type. I doubt I'm his type either, but you don't see me getting bent out of shape over it. Few of us are attractive to large groups of people, that's life when you are average (as most of us are)! I know a lot women get mad that their weight puts them at a disadvantage, but you are just going to have to live with it or lose weight. At least you have that choice...

How would you know if the posters are overweight, attractive or what not? You're kind of making similar assumptions that Lao tends to do when people don't agree with him.

I don't hate the guy. I may not be his biggest fan, but it has nothing to do with the women he finds attractive.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:01 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Awesome. 100 posts about me. Im feeling the love.
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance
without fighting.

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Old 12-01-2010, 03:03 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,422,703 times
Quote:
So really, what is this thread about anyway? It seems to me that a lot of overweight women get mad when a guy makes it clear that he prefers a different type. I doubt I'm his type either, but you don't see me getting bent out of shape over it. Few of us are attractive to large groups of people, that's life when you are average (as most of us are)! I know a lot women get mad that their weight puts them at a disadvantage, but you are just going to have to live with it or lose weight. At least you have that choice... lose the weight or stop whining and complaining.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
This thread is silly. Sure, he may not pick the most tactful words sometimes to elucidate his point, but he's never struck me as a bad character.

So the guy likes hot women who are fit and in shape. Please wait while I resuscitate myself from shock.

The majority of people out there can reach a decent level of fitness and acquire an attractive physique if they would just put some damn effort into it. But most people don't want to life that lifestyle... but that's their choice. C'est la vie. Don't complain when someone prefers a fitter person.
Yes, but there is such a thing as tact. *Most* people on here don't go on rampages bashing people who they aren't attracted to.

What I find ugly and distasteful is people who they think they're better than others, which is a characteristic *some* people make abundantly clear on this site.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:06 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance
without fighting.

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
The supreme structure and testament to excellence is the pyramid.

-Shih Tzu, The Walk in the Park

Old 12-01-2010, 03:07 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
How would you know if the posters are overweight, attractive or what not? You're kind of making similar assumptions that Lao tends to do when people don't agree with him.

I don't hate the guy. I may not be his biggest fan, but it has nothing to do with the women he finds attractive.
Well > 60% of Americans are overweight... and I'd bet forum junkies are at a higher percentage, probably over 75%. It's just good old fashioned common sense that most on this thread are overweight.

As for being attractive (setting aside the weight part) most of us are of average looks. That's just the way it is, let's all stop kidding ourselves!

Old 12-01-2010, 03:07 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Oh gawd...fine I'll come out of the closet..

oh Lao you stud muffin you, while I created the illusion that I was like sir mix alot and liked big butts and the illusion that I was like minded with Russ Meyer in tastes for over flowing bras, the truth is you set my senses afire. Oh Lao the thought of waking up next to you makes me quiver in fantasy.

I swear I 'd even give up the cigs, the chocolate, the soda and stuff to be rid of my love handles just to present myself in a toned and honed body of physical fitness perfection that you desire.

Come on my sweets, let us make a dish together that a Chinese would term "lao lein li on king"

so sorry artsyguy, but I just wasn't that nice guy you are looking for, lao just has that bad boy appeal.....

Funniest post ever! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2010, 03:12 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Yes, but there is such a thing as tact. *Most* people on here don't go on rampages bashing people who they aren't attracted to.

What I find ugly and distasteful is people who they think they're better than others, which is a characteristic *some* people make abundantly clear on this site.
I don't see him going on rampages bashing people. To be fair, most of us tend to notice our own issues. Were I fat, I might notice what you are talking about. I don't go to threads in which the headline screams "this is a good chance to bash those hated fat chicks" because I have no interest in the topics nor do I identify with the subjects. I don't even notice those threads, because I am here for my own entertainment. On the flip side, If one of those old dudes does a "this is a good place to bash those hated cougars" thread I would notice because I identify with the issue.

Perhaps this isn't fair, but its the reality of posting on a forum.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:12 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Well > 60% of Americans are overweight... and I'd bet forum junkies are at a higher percentage, probably over 75%. It's just good old fashioned common sense that most on this thread are overweight.

As for being attractive (setting aside the weight part) most of us are of average looks. That's just the way it is, let's all stop kidding ourselves!

Where did you get that marvelous, reductionist mind?

Old 12-01-2010, 03:16 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,593,606 times
Personally, I think Lao has just been honest, and I don't think he's been disrespectful. If anything he is more supportive of women who have an athletic build, which is kind of unusual for guys. Just my two cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships