Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 10:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,927 times

Advertisements

Finally asked out a girl I had had my eye on for roughly a month or so. We're both in graduate school, have classes together, work together as grad asst., etc..... asked her out to dinner back in October and combined dinner and a movie with going as we were to a buddy of mine's Halloween party that same night. dinner went well, movie was good / casual atmosphere, party was a blast even though we weren't in costume haha. got some drinks in me, one or two in her, had a female friend of mine drive all of us home (she was the sober one) in my car. got to my date's apt to drop her off, walked her up to her apt inside the building she unlocks the door, apt is totally pitch black she turns the lights on and says "good they're not here" in reference to her 3 roommates. then proceeds to ask me if i want to come in. i politely decline mainly because i basically knew what she had in mind and wanted to be the "nice guy" which i typically am. we hug she goes inside and i head back down to my ride and head off to my place. night ends.

next day i ask her if she wants to hang out and she invites me to her apt to watch a movie with her roommates. basically spends the entire time conversing with her roommates almost like i wasn't there and afterwards i yawn lol and call it an evening. head back home.

ever since then now almost a month later we rarely talk and when i did ask to see if she wanted to go out again she magically now is very busy .

now......yes i know i shouldn't assume she was inviting me in for sex, but keep in mind i know her roommates and these are girls who NEVER leave their place, let alone magically all 3 are gone at 3 am and her line was "good they're not here".

did i offend her by not coming in that night? i actually wanted to date this girl and have had bad experiences with sex on the first date so i wanted to avoid that with her and figured i'd portray myself as again the "good guy" who wasn't after her for her "goodies" ha!!

guess next time this comes up i'm going inside and plowing through it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 10:45 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,070,548 times
Dude, all three roomates were gone at 3 am? Do you know how hard that is to accomplish? But what were you supposed to do? Leave the ride sitting out there while you got a nut off? That's your out.

Old 11-30-2010, 10:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,916,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Do you know how hard that is to accomplish?
I'd imagine it's pretty friggin' hard! I don't blame the girl at all!

Old 11-30-2010, 10:54 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,284,541 times
No, but I was denied because I wouldn't fix their damn car though! LOL It's all the same. I don't have time to run all over town hunting down all your oddball parts that are OEM dealer only! LOL

Old 11-30-2010, 11:11 PM

37,422 posts, read 45,609,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by postgradguy View Post
Finally asked out a girl I had had my eye on for roughly a month or so. We're both in graduate school, have classes together, work together as grad asst., etc..... asked her out to dinner back in October and combined dinner and a movie with going as we were to a buddy of mine's Halloween party that same night. dinner went well, movie was good / casual atmosphere, party was a blast even though we weren't in costume haha. got some drinks in me, one or two in her, had a female friend of mine drive all of us home (she was the sober one) in my car. got to my date's apt to drop her off, walked her up to her apt inside the building she unlocks the door, apt is totally pitch black she turns the lights on and says "good they're not here" in reference to her 3 roommates. then proceeds to ask me if i want to come in. i politely decline mainly because i basically knew what she had in mind and wanted to be the "nice guy" which i typically am. we hug she goes inside and i head back down to my ride and head off to my place. night ends.

next day i ask her if she wants to hang out and she invites me to her apt to watch a movie with her roommates. basically spends the entire time conversing with her roommates almost like i wasn't there and afterwards i yawn lol and call it an evening. head back home.

ever since then now almost a month later we rarely talk and when i did ask to see if she wanted to go out again she magically now is very busy .

now......yes i know i shouldn't assume she was inviting me in for sex, but keep in mind i know her roommates and these are girls who NEVER leave their place, let alone magically all 3 are gone at 3 am and her line was "good they're not here".

did i offend her by not coming in that night? i actually wanted to date this girl and have had bad experiences with sex on the first date so i wanted to avoid that with her and figured i'd portray myself as again the "good guy" who wasn't after her for her "goodies" ha!!

guess next time this comes up i'm going inside and plowing through it .
I don't think that was it. I think she got drunk and that was the reason you were asked in. She regretted it the next day, and only "hung out" to be nice.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:43 PM

63 posts, read 115,063 times
Any man with a penis will f*ck on the first date. nice guy/beta male... doesn't matter. If you got a package, you deliver.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:14 AM

9,894 posts, read 21,928,172 times
You seem like a nice & decent guy. I believe she was a lil drunk & horny & wanted you to pleasure her (chances are she pleasured herself).

She sobered up the next day & maybe feels uncomfortable or embarassed around you now.

Talk to her about your feelings for her but in all honesty it looks like you two will not be hooking up again.

If i was in your shoes that night i would of been inside her that night.

Nice guys finish last (no pun intended).

Old 12-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,157,617 times
girls dont like it when they are ready to go and you turn them down

Old 12-01-2010, 09:38 AM

13,513 posts, read 19,188,633 times
hell hath no wrath like a woman scorned,

Old 12-01-2010, 09:41 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,916,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't think that was it. I think she got drunk and that was the reason you were asked in. She regretted it the next day, and only "hung out" to be nice.
That's not what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by postgradguy View Post
got some drinks in me, one or two in her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships