Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 09:10 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times

Advertisements

Is a lap dance cheating? It depends on the "rules" of your relationship. This is something for couples to decide themselves. If your girlfriend goes to lunch with a male co worker, do you consider that cheating? Its different for every guy. Personally I would not care as long as she isnt banging him afterwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 09:14 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Golden rule. Would you like your guy/girl to have a handsome built guy dancing on top of her with her hands all over his body? Would you like your guy to have a gorgeous slender in great shape girl rubbing her ass on him, his hands all over her, etc.?

Sounds fun to many until his/her partner is seen enjoying a lap dance with someone else.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:34 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
If I were dating someone, I don't think I'd be able to handle someone else gyrating on top of him. I'd like to think that I'd be enough for him to want.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:32 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,547 times
If it ended at the lapdance, I would be ok with it.

I don't think my GF would be ok with me getting one.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:17 PM

532 posts, read 1,270,413 times
Attached Thumbnails
Are getting lap dances cheating?-fd9d98f89e3a6dd9e17a6f790456cd69.png  

Old 08-05-2011, 01:23 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
Is drinking milk straight from the bottle cheating?
I'm just sayin' that milk can taste seriously good...

No lap dances aren't cheating, but it's not something you do when you share bed and refrigerator with someone(other than if it's with the lap-dancer, then you can drink the milk out of the bottle too XD)...

Old 04-07-2014, 08:35 AM

4 posts, read 5,828 times
So... Found out my husband had gone to strip club in St Louis during a hunting trip with the guys...he turned his phone off the whole time and says it was because he knew I would and felt bad about it. A few years later he admits he bought several lap dances at table in full view as did the others. He says there was no touching on his part but I find this hard to believe. O did he really touch, lick , etc. on her? Is he lying about more? He seems to truly feel bad and I want to forgive him but feel like maybe I really don't know who he is and that more happened. The second night they all went to a club ( not strip but reg dancing type etc). Says he just sat at table and drank his beer. His apology has been somewhat emotional and seems sincere. Any advice?

Old 04-07-2014, 08:36 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
This is a debate that I’ve had with several men in the past and I’m curious to hear what all of you have to say…If I guy is dating someone exclusively or married, is it ok for him to go to a strip club and get a lap dance? For those of you who have not been to a strip club, not only does a lap dance consist of a naked woman gyrating in front of the guy but they often touch the guy all over and the guy can often touch/lick/fondle the girl, as well.

And how do you feel about bachelor parties? If the groom’s friends get him strippers and they are naked, grinding on him, touching, etc. is this ok?

I would prefer that guys didn’t go to strip clubs if I’m dating them but if they do, I would only want them to look and not touch and not get touched in any way because I do consider that cheating. What do you think?
naaah, a lap dance is just something to do at a strip club.

I personally don't like going to strip clubs, but it sure isn't cheating.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:57 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
I don't care how emotional he seems.
He snuck out, turned his phone off, knew you'd be upset.....
Makes ya wonder what else he's done.....

And yes, if it was a guy I was with-
I'd consider it over at that point.
I'd tell him to go p*ss his money away
on that cheap sleazy stuff
& don't let the door hit him in the a$$

Old 04-07-2014, 09:11 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jj7777 View Post
So... Found out my husband had gone to strip club in St Louis during a hunting trip with the guys...he turned his phone off the whole time and says it was because he knew I would and felt bad about it. A few years later he admits he bought several lap dances at table in full view as did the others. He says there was no touching on his part but I find this hard to believe. O did he really touch, lick , etc. on her? Is he lying about more? He seems to truly feel bad and I want to forgive him but feel like maybe I really don't know who he is and that more happened. The second night they all went to a club ( not strip but reg dancing type etc). Says he just sat at table and drank his beer. His apology has been somewhat emotional and seems sincere. Any advice?
You registered a new account on city data just to resurrect this thread 3 years after it was last posted to?

That said, I can understand why you would be having trust issues over this. I think that is a justifiable reaction.

Since he had his phone off, and has admitted he knew you would be upset, then he knew he was likely in the wrong at the time. Whether a married man getting a lapdance being "wrong" in general is immaterial to the fact that he did so, with a guilty feeling of violating your trust when he did it. For him and for your marriage, it was wrong.

That said, I would try to be more analytical than emotional here if I were you. It was a few years ago. How has your marriage been? Is it well? Is it troubled? Have there been signs he has been emotionally detached from you or distant or not? I cannot tell you whether or not to trust him or whether he should be, but based on the totality of your relationship and how it has been recently I think you may be able to answer that (or maybe you already are).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships