Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 12:01 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,066,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
I read an article recently that was depressing. Basically it said that as the population continues to get fatter, the attractiveness of the dating pool will decrease . The few remaining girls who aren’t obese will have a never-ending line of suitors at the door. One of the main consequences of this will be even more flaking by attractive women. Even today flaking is an epidemic. Over the past 6 months i've been going out a lot. Even if I make out with a girl and she gives me her number I still had a high flake rate.

Flaking is basically when a girl (or guy) goes ghost after the initial contact. From Urban dictonary: to be unreliable, and/or absent-minded, flighty, fickle. Generally unresponsible. A person who uses inaccurate excuses to mask thier non appearance to events, person who says one thing but does another.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Ladies, do guys flake on you? Do you find this a problem as well?

Its crazy out there for the single men. There's a lot of competition out there especially with the rise of online dating. For every 1 attractive female there seems to be 50 guys trying to get her.

But on a positive note: Staying in shape should pay HUGE dividends in the future. With the increase in in obesity a fit body will be highly sought after.

Yes me. I hate it too and its a complaint of mine. Mostly online its happened though. One time I almost got lucky and picked someone up but she disappeared in a big crowd. She was touching me and everything, but then disappeared. I found it crazy. I was hoping to land her.

But yes, I know this feeling. Its not good and someone could be doing it to me again as we speak.

Also about the 50 guys to 1 girl thing with online dating, if only I saw the numbers for each girl I went for and her competition, I wouldnt bother if it was too high. I HATE playing competition just to get someone. Thats so tacky. If I saw a big line, I'd move on. I hate competition like this. If it gets too bad, I may just move somewhere where it isnt like this.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:38 AM

84 posts, read 169,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
This runs a close second to one of the most ignorant things I've read in this forum.

The truth hurts doesn't it?

Old 12-09-2010, 12:41 AM

84 posts, read 169,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Really, is this what you think.

Some guy decides he's a rough time with women, so now he decides he gonna have sex with men.

Give me a break.

You obviously haven't been burnt much have you?

Old 12-09-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Isn't dating already bad in America? If it is as bad as it is now it cannot get any worse. So quit complaining and move to Europe...hehe.

Dating looks easier there.. I will admit..

It seemed easier in my grandparents time too. Jimmy Dean would even have trouble now.. No lie.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:12 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
Obesity is such a downturn! I couldn't date a fate woman, even with cute features and a nice character. On the other hand -call me a weirdo if you want- anorexic , flat chested women do turn me on a lot!

Old 12-09-2010, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCrowley View Post
Tell me about it! Woman sees my picture online, gets excited, throws a million compliments, has meaningful conversation w/me, the minute they question of my height comes up and I tell them, POOF they're gone! All of a sudden, my looks, personality, education, ambition, accomplishments, etc go straight out of the window.

In the real world, many won't even give the chance.
I'm a tall guy with decent looks, explain how I fail hard on online dating sites and in person, nobody approaches me.

Its all hogwash that girls like tall guys IMO.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:55 AM

I'm a tall guy with decent looks, explain how I fail hard on online dating sites and in person, nobody approaches me.

Hogwash is the word, my poor friend. I'm tall as well (5'7", or 1,87 meter), and since I'm old enough to remember, I've always seen the attractive chicks I coveted date shorter guys (but also giants, like basketball players)! It just seems that my height (tall but not outstanding so) doesn't seem to attract women.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post

Hogwash is the word, my poor friend. I'm tall as well (5'7", or 1,87 meter), and since I'm old enough to remember, I've always seen the attractive chicks I coveted date shorter guys (but also giants, like basketball players)! It just seems that my height (tall but not outstanding so) doesn't seem to attract women.

Wait so they like shorter than 5'7 yet Giant as well?

I am 6'4 1/2 to 6'5.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:32 AM

Sorry, I made a mistake, I'm actually 6'1 1/2.
Doesn't change my opinion : chicks don't seem to be attracted to guy size "average tall" (5'9-6'3) but favor shorter or taller guys.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:58 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I will continue to blame and degrade feminism for the ongoing problems the genders are having with each other. This gang increased double standards in dating.
Give some examples. Whenever I hear men complaining about feminism, what I really hear is them taking issue with the fact that women are now on a more even playing field. Equal rights, equal pay, equal opportunity. Gee, what horrible double standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
So the playing field is slightly more even now and some men simply can't handle it.
Exactly. These men are just a bunch of whiners. A woman has her own job now so she doesn't need you to support her. So now you have to impress her with something other than your income or flashy car. Cry me a river. These people were born in the wrong decade and just don't like progress that threatens their sense of control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Embedded within feminism was the concept of essential equality that presumed men and women had no biological divide. Thus we ended up with men in sneakers(abandoning sexy authoritarian posture) and women in baggy pants (abandoning the posture of invitation). There is less of the opposite sex to be had. With gays in the fashion industry ,with their love for catamites, and lesbians with their inherent androgen fueled aggression running the feminist movement, of course there has been a distinct level of decline. It has long ceased to be about equality under the law.

Its not just sour grapes out there.
Yeah, it is just sour grapes. Men had it easy because they made a lot of the rules, rules that were geared to favor of them. Telling a woman how to dress, that she shouldn't work, what it means to be ladylike, that he's the king of the castle, etc. These were all designed by men to favor men. The rules have changed and a lot of guys are just acting like a bunch of crybabies cause they actually have to work a little harder to impress women. So what if a woman wants to wear baggy pants? If a guy needs a woman to dress like they do on Mad Men for him to notice her, he's an either an idiot or just gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships