U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 12-09-2010, 02:11 PM
 
12,660 posts, read 8,442,157 times
Reputation: 4743

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
No. You just have to have critical thinking skills of your own. So you won't be another idiot. Oh, well. Seems to late for the likes of you.

Normally, I don't bring up sentence structure and spelling; but lacking any content, all I have is your grammatical train-wreck.

 
Old 12-09-2010, 02:13 PM
 
1,543 posts, read 1,593,300 times
Reputation: 1062
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Normally, I don't bring up sentence structure and spelling; but lacking any content, all I have is your grammatical train-wreck.
Its your life. If you want to live it, the way you are now. Fine. Your a *****. And its better off you never reproduce with anyone.
 
Old 12-09-2010, 02:23 PM
 
12,660 posts, read 8,442,157 times
Reputation: 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Its your life. If you want to live it, the way you are now. Fine. Your a *****. And its better off you never reproduce with anyone.
No you don't get it at all. I am married with two kids. I am issuing the postmortem. How many times do I have to explain that its not just about sour grapes rejection? Since I have seen it myself, I think I'll go with it. I am simply informing you that the typical US resident is a plump, sterile creature compared to some of the international competition. Those with the means will avail themselves of the alternatives.
 
Old 12-09-2010, 04:09 PM
 
7,483 posts, read 8,507,612 times
Reputation: 6282
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Unisex, worker bee wear has a deleterious effect.
So women wearing pants instead of dresses has "a deleterious effect" on attracting men? LMAO. What cave have you been living in? Men don't care what clothes women wear. They care more about getting the clothes off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Only someone who watches the Disney channel would make a reference of a castle as if it were ubiquitous or glorious. Norman motte-and-bailey was not the beginnings of Club-med but rather blood soaked mud pits. I mean, how would you compare Tacitus to Herodotus with your expertise? What do you suppose Placidia whispered in the ear of her Gothic hubby? How much do you suppose the men wept for joy to become a galley slave while his sister became a domestic servant? I suppose Herod got his way with John the Baptist?
Only someone living in a cave would not understand what I meant by being the king of one's castle. It refers to men wanting to have the final say in their household and not wanting a partner with equal power. That's why so many men feel threatened by feminism. They don't like the idea of not being in charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You are another one of those urban metro, hair waxing, sycophants who believe in their favorite deli slices of human history where you university accept that "men made all the rules".
You are another one of those pseudo-intellectuals who can be found on any message board, the one who speaks in sophisticated language and makes esoteric references in order appear as though he's smarter than everyone else. Nice try, but who do you think you're kidding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Am I supposed to become deliriously happy like the next contestant because a woman, who is inherently pure of heart, overlooked my ways of the beast? Perhaps this does not petrify your wood one bit.
It doesn't. If it does yours, then that just tells me you're an insecure male who's frightened of any change that doesn't work in his favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I have made many example of the phlegmatic, enervated and effete modern man which I believe to be a primary cause of this. This has nothing to do with enjoying the aesthetic appeal inherent in a woman. I am not here to complain that I didn't get it. I am here to say why many were passed over. The better men will just pick those women who get it. The others will settle for undersexed and frustrated porn addled chumps unable to negotiate for what they want.
The better man won't care if women are out there wanting the same things he wants. The "chumps" are the men who buy into anti-feminist rhetoric. It reminds me of the workers who whine that the "minorities" are stealing their jobs. God forbid you actually have to compete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You both came up with a 90 IQ did you? Same height, weight and hormonal mix? Is he by any chance lactating right now?
So now he has to attack the people who don't buy his arguments? Another trait of the insecure wannabe-intellectual. When people don't agree with him, he attacks their intelligence.
 
Old 12-09-2010, 04:17 PM
 
Location: NYC area
3,486 posts, read 3,422,161 times
Reputation: 3746
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
No you don't get it at all. I am married with two kids. I am issuing the postmortem. How many times do I have to explain that its not just about sour grapes rejection? Since I have seen it myself, I think I'll go with it. I am simply informing you that the typical US resident is a plump, sterile creature compared to some of the international competition. Those with the means will avail themselves of the alternatives.
Plump, maybe. But sterile? I realize that people on the forefront of evo psych (and the mail-order bride industry) are trying to make pulling things out of one's *** the gold standard of opinionating, but actual numbers tell a different story.

Unlike virtually all svelte countries in the highly industrialized range, the population of the United States is still reproducing above replacement level. Since the number of marriages between US men and mail-order brides is only between 2,000 and 5,000 per year (source), these marriages aren't sufficient to significantly shift the overall fertility rate, even if they all join the Quiverfull Movement and have 20 kids each, which I doubt is the case. (The total number of Petitions for Alien Relative for spouses varies between about 180,000 and 375,000 per year, depending on how strictly the DHS is enforcing the laws against fictitious marriages. Obviously, those numbers include "plump, sterile" American women filing for their foreign husbands, and naturalized citizens filing for spouses who did not originally immigrate with them.)

Now let's look at the "international competition", which I assume, means countries that are seen as heavens of traditional morality, slender waists and fecund uteri, and thus desirable sources of mail-order brides. I'll take the most popular ones from the list referenced above: Philippines, Colombia, Thailand, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova. Of these, the only country with a significantly higher fertility rate than the United States is the Philippines (3.54) -- and I suppose we are expected to assume that this statistic has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that abortion is illegal in the Philippines, while Manila, where more than a fifth of the country's population resides, has banned all forms of contraception, including condoms. Yeah, it has nothing to do with that. The only other country which has a higher fertility rate -- somewhat -- is Colombia (2.47); and again, I suppose this has nothing to do with the fact that Colombia's laws on contraception and abortion are far more restrictive than in the United States. Thailand (1.63), despite all the tales of endless contraceptive-free ****ing of nubile girls by sex-starved "nice guys" reproduces below replacement level. That number is the same for Moldova. The others -- Russia (1.3), Belarus (1.24) and Ukraine (1.15) -- have some of the lowest fertility rates in the world and a population that's not merely aging, but actively shrinking.

In fact, these centers of "international competition" also have such high abortion rates, the only reasonable inference is that people there basically use abortion as birth control. Since multiple abortions, particularly performed by crude means (such as I would expect is often the case in the Philippines), can cause scar tissue to form in the uterus, translating into actual medical infertility, women from such countries are more likely to be "sterile" than women from the United States.
 
Old 12-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Status: "Life gives you what you need to awaken" (set 4 days ago)
 
8,782 posts, read 6,063,213 times
Reputation: 18440
Hi, my name is gwynedd1, I pull so called facts out of my butt.
 
Old 12-09-2010, 04:26 PM
 
12,660 posts, read 8,442,157 times
Reputation: 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Hi, my name is gwynedd1, I pull so called facts out of my butt.

Looks like I touched a nerve.
And in the great spirit of equality, you have shown us the nerd who touched you.
 
Old 12-09-2010, 04:47 PM
 
12,660 posts, read 8,442,157 times
Reputation: 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Plump, maybe. But sterile? I realize that people on the forefront of evo psych (and the mail-order bride industry) are trying to make pulling things out of one's *** the gold standard of opinionating, but actual numbers tell a different story.

Unlike virtually all svelte countries in the highly industrialized range, the population of the United States is still reproducing above replacement level. Since the number of marriages between US men and mail-order brides is only between 2,000 and 5,000 per year (source), these marriages aren't sufficient to significantly shift the overall fertility rate, even if they all join the Quiverfull Movement and have 20 kids each, which I doubt is the case. (The total number of Petitions for Alien Relative for spouses varies between about 180,000 and 375,000 per year, depending on how strictly the DHS is enforcing the laws against fictitious marriages. Obviously, those numbers include "plump, sterile" American women filing for their foreign husbands, and naturalized citizens filing for spouses who did not originally immigrate with them.)

Now let's look at the "international competition", which I assume, means countries that are seen as heavens of traditional morality, slender waists and fecund uteri, and thus desirable sources of mail-order brides. I'll take the most popular ones from the list referenced above: Philippines, Colombia, Thailand, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Moldova. Of these, the only country with a significantly higher fertility rate than the United States is the Philippines (3.54) -- and I suppose we are expected to assume that this statistic has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that abortion is illegal in the Philippines, while Manila, where more than a fifth of the country's population resides, has banned all forms of contraception, including condoms. Yeah, it has nothing to do with that. The only other country which has a higher fertility rate -- somewhat -- is Colombia (2.47); and again, I suppose this has nothing to do with the fact that Colombia's laws on contraception and abortion are far more restrictive than in the United States. Thailand (1.63), despite all the tales of endless contraceptive-free ****ing of nubile girls by sex-starved "nice guys" reproduces below replacement level. That number is the same for Moldova. The others -- Russia (1.3), Belarus (1.24) and Ukraine (1.15) -- have some of the lowest fertility rates in the world and a population that's not merely aging, but actively shrinking.

In fact, these centers of "international competition" also have such high abortion rates, the only reasonable inference is that people there basically use abortion as birth control. Since multiple abortions, particularly performed by crude means (such as I would expect is often the case in the Philippines), can cause scar tissue to form in the uterus, translating into actual medical infertility, women from such countries are more likely to be "sterile" than women from the United States.

What in the hell does any of this have to do with mail order brides? Did you cross the border and see the sisterhood you claim to represent in a box?

Are you at all familiar with context, Radish? The context was not as you surmised.
4. Lacking imagination, creativity, or vitality.


Other than that, your out of context rant was exquisite. I have always enjoyed it when you aim it properly. You didn't mention Japan; I'll be waiting for the answer I am supposed to give an apparently unhappy acquaintance of mine. Should I tell him to dump his obsequious Japanese wife now? Though, I will be rather busy with many other good looking and wealthy men I know who are married to internationals...

Last edited by gwynedd1; 12-09-2010 at 05:17 PM..
 
Old 12-09-2010, 04:50 PM
 
Location: Anchorage, Ak
1,413 posts, read 1,812,897 times
Reputation: 1311
it won't get worse for me
 
Old 12-09-2010, 05:05 PM
 
12,660 posts, read 8,442,157 times
Reputation: 4743
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
So women wearing pants instead of dresses has "a deleterious effect" on attracting men? LMAO. What cave have you been living in? Men don't care what clothes women wear. They care more about getting the clothes off.
Yawn...

Limited Brands Profit Soars, Victoria's Secret Travels to Airports - DailyFinance


Quote:
Only someone living in a cave would not understand what I meant by being the king of one's castle. It refers to men wanting to have the final say in their household and not wanting a partner with equal power. That's why so many men feel threatened by feminism. They don't like the idea of not being in charge.
No, its a fairy tale that it was ever that way. Its a myth. Women have always held sway over men.

Quote:
You are another one of those pseudo-intellectuals who can be found on any message board, the one who speaks in sophisticated language and makes esoteric references in order appear as though he's smarter than everyone else. Nice try, but who do you think you're kidding?
I'll pass that along to the professors who gave me letters of recommendation along with those who falsified my aptitudes.



Quote:
It doesn't. If it does yours, then that just tells me you're an insecure male who's frightened of any change that doesn't work in his favor.
Happily married for 7 years. You?


Quote:
The better man won't care if women are out there wanting the same things he wants. The "chumps" are the men who buy into anti-feminist rhetoric. It reminds me of the workers who whine that the "minorities" are stealing their jobs. God forbid you actually have to compete.
I believe that the argument here is that I need to choose an appropriate buck toothed and chubby local. Who does not want to compete?


Quote:
So now he has to attack the people who don't buy his arguments? Another trait of the insecure wannabe-intellectual. When people don't agree with him, he attacks their intelligence.
No, I just don't like some people, you in particular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top