Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2010, 11:06 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha-ha, it seems like things will start looking up more and more for some of us late in life. As if the "older woman" obsession wasn't enough!
Would you consider doing some yoga with me if I ever happen to be conveniently available and in your state? I am also into full body massage and willing to practice my happy camper policy; if you don't me calling you my honey bunches of O's for awhile.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:10 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I am so glad this thread got bumped to the top of the list again. I'm a huge fan of it. It's premise is priceless... in the near future, Americans will become too fat to date... lololol. Fatties date too.
No kidding. I'm waiting for the OP to start a thread that says women are getting taller or making too much money. And don't forget the monthly "men should give up on American women" thread. They all have one thing in common, which is griping about the women that are out there instead of simply accepting it.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:22 AM

36,525 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
I am so glad this thread got bumped to the top of the list again. I'm a huge fan of it. It's premise is priceless... in the near future, Americans will become too fat to date... lololol. Fatties date too.
This reminds me of the movie WALL-E where all humans become morbidly obese after living on the automated spaceship.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
No kidding. I'm waiting for the OP to start a thread that says women are getting taller or making too much money. And don't forget the monthly "men should give up on American women" thread. They all have one thing in common, which is griping about the women that are out there instead of simply accepting it.
What if we are "taught" to simply blame women? They seem to be able to get away with much more than us guys, ceteris paribus. It could take awhile to realize and understand that (US) women also have a Ninth Amendment.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:50 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You missed the premise. Men will negotiate with their other qualities much more so than will the women since it is a biological consequence that men are more interested in looks. If both sexes look bad, it will tend to fall harder on male satisfaction. Its pretty simple logic.
I went back and read the OP just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I didn't find anything about decreasing male satisfaction (it just assumes no men will date fatties), but I did re-read the hilarious worry that the few non fat women of the future will increase their flakiness...lololol. Thanks for giving me a reason to review, gwyn. This thread makes me miss the good old days when TV&SportsGuy was starting 10 inane threads a day.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:56 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
I went back and read the OP just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I didn't find anything about decreasing male satisfaction (it just assumes no men will date fatties), but I did re-read the hilarious worry that the few non fat women of the future will increase their flakiness...lololol. Thanks for giving me a reason to review, gwyn. This thread makes me miss the good old days when TV&SportsGuy was starting 10 inane threads a day.
OK, I still don't get it. If the premise is that men like looks more, and looks are in decline, why would this fall upon both sexes equally?

I would assume the opposite with rampant unemployment, for example.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:05 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
I dont know if i agree..I do agree on the part of any non hideous women seems to have tons of suitors..

Old 12-07-2010, 12:16 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
What if we are "taught" to simply blame women? They seem to be able to get away with much more than us guys, ceteris paribus. It could take awhile to realize and understand that (US) women also have a Ninth Amendment.
Taught by whom? Some people don't need to be taught to blame an entire of group of people for their mistakes. It just comes naturally for them. That's easier than saying it's no one's fault or saying that it's actually their fault. As for women getting away with more than guys, people in general get away with whatever you let them.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:32 PM

I claim that it is taught as a form of Nurture in any political-economy.

Why would it not be as natural to assume greater personal responsibility instead of blaming a perceived, weaker person?

Old 12-07-2010, 12:42 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
The few remaining girls who aren’t obese will have a never-ending line of suitors at the door.

For every 1 attractive female there seems to be 50 guys trying to get her.

But on a positive note: Staying in shape should pay HUGE dividends in the future. With the increase in in obesity a fit body will be highly sought after.
This whole past made me laugh!! It's hilarious. Because the OP should say THIS instead:

"For every 1 attractive female there seems to be 50 average or unattractive guys trying to get her.

But of course, it never fails. Some men will continuously seek very attractive women even when they are average.

Staying fit/healthy should apply to men AND women. It's a great big ridiculius doble standard for men who are not exactly GQ material to stand around, drink beer and wait for all the chubby gals to fet fit so they have more to choose from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships