Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 11:52 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,635,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I think this is a common mindset for a lot of younger men, especially those that frequent this forum. You'll figure this out later, but here's the deal: Not everyone has the same reasons for doing things as you do. People are different. Okay? Some women just like to go and see if anyone they might get asked to dance by someone they find appealing. If it doesn't happen, they are perfectly content to watch. Others go only for the music, and others still just to get a few drinks and people-watch. Why ever would you think everyone's gotta think the same way you do, about something as unimportant as going to a club? Sheesh.

SHEESH to you, get that broom out of your butt you stupid hag. I'm sorry, but you come off grumpy and disgruntled or as if I am trying to IMPOSE my thoughts onto other people and get them to think like me. That's not even the case, I'm just giving my thoughts and opinions on this thread and I let everyone chime in. Some people concur with me and some people don't and you don't see me giving attitude or imposing my thoughts. I'm just trying o hear other peoples opinions. I think what I think and they think what they think.

Basically, I'm expressing how I think the social environment is in clubs, that's all. You act as if I'm making a personal attack on (other) people (besides you).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Thanks for the invite ! Unfortunaly I live in the Chicago area, and I have not been to New York in three years. But now I understand why we have a similar point of view. I use to go this club/lounge and East Lansing, MI a small college town and I am comparing my experiences to that. I use to go out by myself, mingle a lot, and not feel alone at all. Now that I am in Chicago it is different but frustrating. I realize that by people are generally more protective in big cities and depending on what part of the city you are in. If I am in a less trendy area in Chicago to go out I end up mingling more with people. Maybe you should try that when going out in New York
Yeah, I think in smaller cities, suburban or rural areas people are a lot less closed off because they probably see familiar faces and even if they see new faces its like "Oh hey, a new person!" and are excited and want to show them what a good time is. Like someone else mentioned, I think in the U.S. as a whole, cliqueness is like a trend/theme and common and not so untrusting, paranoid and stand offish. Because when I was in Canada, people seem WAY more welcoming to get down and party.

I have friends who went to party overseas in parts of Europe and say he Europeans are WAY more friendlier and really know how to get down. So I'm starting to guess this is more of an American thing? I don't know.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Isolation is a constant theme in American society.

Why are people so paranoid in this country?
Watch the news, the media outlets. There's ALWAYS something to be scared of when you watch American media. Whats bad is good and whats good is bad.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:08 PM

37,580 posts, read 45,935,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
SHEESH to you, get that broom out of your butt you stupid hag. I'm sorry, but you come off grumpy and disgruntled or as if I am trying to IMPOSE my thoughts onto other people and get them to think like me. That's not even the case, I'm just giving my thoughts and opinions on this thread and I let everyone chime in. Some people concur with me and some people don't and you don't see me giving attitude or imposing my thoughts. I'm just trying o hear other peoples opinions. I think what I think and they think what they think.

Basically, I'm expressing how I think the social environment is in clubs, that's all. You act as if I'm making a personal attack on (other) people (besides you).
Ha!! Obviously the broom is up your butt, not mine. It always kills me when you dudes come on asking a question, and then get torked when someone gives you a view that you don't like.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:08 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,393,156 times
Quote:
Yeah, I think in smaller cities, suburban or rural areas people are a lot less closed off because they probably see familiar faces and even if they see new faces its like "Oh hey, a new person!" and are excited and want to show them what a good time is. Like someone else mentioned, I think in the U.S. as a whole, cliqueness is like a trend/theme and common and not so untrusting, paranoid and stand offish. Because when I was in Canada, people seem WAY more welcoming to get down and party.

I have friends who went to party overseas in parts of Europe and say he Europeans are WAY more friendlier and really know how to get down. So I'm starting to guess this is more of an American thing? I don't know.

I guess you're not clubbing in the Meatpacking District. Last time I was there, I thought I was in Eastern Europe.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:13 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,599,540 times
Quote:

Maybe it's just you that comes off as unapproachable, I've never experienced any of those attitudes at clubs, bars, or other places. I don't go that often anymore, but when I did or when I do go once in a while, I always find people for the most part to be friendly, talkative, and a lot of fun.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:17 PM

545 posts, read 1,555,361 times
I used to think that clubs are a type of speed dating event where singles meet and try to hook up.

I stopped going to clubs after realizing that most women like to dance with their friends and some even already have boyfriends!

There's no point going to clubs unless you enjoy the atmosphere and just like to dance.

I prefer real speed dating events and online dating websites instead. At least in those situations the intention of the opposite party is unambiguous.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:32 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,859,534 times
Quote:
I never think that. If I see a girl and dance with her, I dance with her mostly for the fun of it. If anything else advances then it does but I don't think every girl that's there is there to get picked up. I think some women just like to shut down men though to feel better about themselves. Like I said, SOME.

Some women do of course, but you are working on the assumption that women are going to the club to be social outside the circle they came with.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Ha!! Obviously the broom is up your butt, not mine. It always kills me when you dudes come on asking a question, and then get torked when someone gives you a view that you don't like.

You're so gangsta. You seem like you have something against men. Get a life.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Maybe it's just you that comes off as unapproachable, I've never experienced any of those attitudes at clubs, bars, or other places. I don't go that often anymore, but when I did or when I do go once in a while, I always find people for the most part to be friendly, talkative, and a lot of fun.

Maybe that is true. I like to think I am approachable though. I mean I'm not overwhelming, I dance, I'm one of the more friendlier people you'll meet and I like to think I always have a good-clean cut appearance and I have good body odor. Hehe. For the most part, I do end up talking with people and most of the time end up dancing with some lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships