Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 05:58 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,042 times

Advertisements

If you're not going to socialize or mingle with other people in the club?

Me and a friend of mine (who's a lady) were talking about going clubbing/dancing and about socializing with the other club-goers. My friend is very attractive and whenever she steps in the club she draws the attention of every and any guy in the place and is the envy of every lady in the club. The only problem is that she is prudish and standoffish and prefers to only mingle in the club with the people she attends the place with. I know this because her and I have gone clubbing a few times together and are rather close.

I ask her whats the point of going clubbing if she's not going to at least try and mingle with anyone else and have a good time. I'm not talking about hooking up with a guy or girl (though she always scopes out the guys and women and talks about hooking up or taking home someone before we hit the club) but simply possibly meeting a new friend in the process. I understand that there are some creepy, nasty, annoying men who can be predatory and make the women more reserved but of course not all men are like that but this isn't only about women.

I don't know about anyone else but when I go clubbing, I go to get down, have fun, mingle with other people make new friends and if possible I definitely don't mind meeting a lady or hooking up with one too. I'm simply about being around new faces who I'm not familiar with to show them what I got and vice versa. If I'm going to pay 20, 30, 40, 50 or sometimes more depending on the club or venue, you BET I'm going to make the best of it and you BET I'm going to always be mingling with other people.

However, it seems like more and more people more around my age range of like 21-30 years of age seem to be pretty stand offish and only mingle with their circle of friends at clubs. They're either into just their crowd of people or they are on their phones TEXTING of all things. Its annoying to me how like if you try and be friendly, they just blow you off.

Of course not all people are like this but it just seems to be a more and more common thing now at clubs. Instead of people getting together and letting loose they just mess with their inner circle.

Maybe it's just me but either way I want to hear your thoughts and opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 06:03 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Some people just like to go and dance dear .

Old 12-01-2010, 06:07 PM

881 posts, read 2,253,830 times
I don't go to club often so my opinion may not really mean much but I find clubs one of the worst ways to actually meet people... They are too loud to hold a conversation. Not that I have a problem with drinking but some can drink a little too much and that doesn't really help.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:08 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,982 times
When I go clubbing I dress up

Jonathan

Old 12-01-2010, 06:32 PM

339 posts, read 836,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post

Me and a friend of mine (who's a lady) were talking about going clubbing/dancing and about socializing with the other club-goers. My friend is very attractive and whenever she steps in the club she draws the attention of every and any guy in the place and is the envy of every lady in the club. The only problem is that she is prudish and standoffish and prefers to only mingle in the club with the people she attends the place with. I know this because her and I have gone clubbing a few times together and are rather close.

I ask her whats the point of going clubbing if she's not going to at least try and mingle with anyone else and have a good time. I'm not talking about hooking up with a guy or girl (though she always scopes out the guys and women and talks about hooking up or taking home someone before we hit the club) but simply possibly meeting a new friend in the process. I understand that there are some creepy, nasty, annoying men who can be predatory and make the women more reserved but of course not all men are like that but this isn't only about women.

I don't know about anyone else but when I go clubbing, I go to get down, have fun, mingle with other people make new friends and if possible I definitely don't mind meeting a lady or hooking up with one too. I'm simply about being around new faces who I'm not familiar with to show them what I got and vice versa. If I'm going to pay 20, 30, 40, 50 or sometimes more depending on the club or venue, you BET I'm going to make the best of it and you BET I'm going to always be mingling with other people.

However, it seems like more and more people more around my age range of like 21-30 years of age seem to be pretty stand offish and only mingle with their circle of friends at clubs. They're either into just their crowd of people or they are on their phones TEXTING of all things. Its annoying to me how like if you try and be friendly, they just blow you off.

Of course not all people are like this but it just seems to be a more and more common thing now at clubs. Instead of people getting together and letting loose they just mess with their inner circle.

Girls like that are annoying. Unfortunately they usually end up ruining everyones night. Only in the western world do women act antisocial at social gatherings!

Old 12-01-2010, 06:47 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,307,005 times
Quote:

Jeez Louise, you are paying that much to go hear a DJ? That kind of stuff is like $3-$5 around here. For that^^^ kind of coin, Uncle Ted or Seger might be there too! LOL

Old 12-01-2010, 06:53 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
Jeez Louise, you are paying that much to go hear a DJ? That kind of stuff is like $3-$5 around here. For that^^^ kind of coin, Uncle Ted or Seger might be there too! LOL
Heh, well I'm in NYC right now but they are some places that are 10-15 dollars a cover charge but the big night clubs with the better sound system and much bigger dance floors can usually be 20-40 but on special days like Halloween or NYE it can be 50 or MUCH higher. Where are you that its so cheap?

Old 12-01-2010, 07:03 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Some people just like to go and dance dear .
Right here!

Old 12-01-2010, 07:29 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
Quote:
Heh, well I'm in NYC right now but they are some places that are 10-15 dollars a cover charge but the big night clubs with the better sound system and much bigger dance floors can usually be 20-40 but on special days like Halloween or NYE it can be 50 or MUCH higher. Where are you that its so cheap?

You just need to show more cleavage is all .

Old 12-01-2010, 07:35 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,779 times
Quote:
on special days like Halloween or NYE it can be 50 or MUCH higher.
Woah. That's robbery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships