U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 09:49 PM

11 posts, read 14,908 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Within the past few years, there have been many articles about the latest phenomena of Stay at Home Wives, women who are financially supported by their husband, yet do not have any kids in their home. These wives do everything from charity work to housework to second college degrees.

No kids, no jobs for growing number of wives - CNN

When I become very successful, I would definitely love to fully financially support whoever is my wife at the time, so that she can look beautiful and persue whatever interests she has, whether it be charity work, education, volunteer work, reading, antiques, travel, etc. It would be totally thrilling to get up for work and see her looking gorgeous and happily sleeping by the pool before she leaves to volunteer on a political campaign. Or seeing her walk out the door with an adventurous spirit as she leaves on a trip to some wonderful exotic place and then comes back with a deep perspective.

Later on when we have kids, her free time will enable her to be a great parents and a well rounded one and multifaceted one at that. My questions are the following:

1. To the guys out there, would any of you ever happily work to support a wife while she developed herself in every way followed her interests, traveled and then became a very multifacated mom?

2. Have any of you ever known of any couples where the husband led a structured career/work oriented life supporting the lifestyle of a woman who led a free life following her own interests and development, even perhaps traveling? If so, how did the lifestyle work out for the couple?

Any thoughts would be tremendously appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 10:07 PM

8,000 posts, read 16,841,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTrader101 View Post
Hello,

I would definitely love to fully financially support whoever is my wife at the time, so that she can look beautiful and persue whatever interests she has, whether it be charity work, education, volunteer work, reading, antiques, travel, etc. It would be totally thrilling to get up for work and see her looking gorgeous and happily sleeping by the pool before she leaves to volunteer on a political campaign. Or seeing her walk out the door with an adventurous spirit as she leaves on a trip to some wonderful exotic place and then comes back with a deep perspective.

Any thoughts would be tremendously appreciated.
Hey, I'm free everyday from 8 - 3, school hours, just in case you need somewhere to toss your cash.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:12 PM

5,019 posts, read 12,503,561 times
One word:

Hot Pool Boy.

Ok, I guess that was three.

She could also apply to "The Real Housewives of ________________"

That should bring in a nice chunk-o-change.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:19 PM

6,573 posts, read 18,041,721 times
OP does not need a wife to support...a MISTRESS would do just fine.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:21 PM

851 posts, read 3,165,180 times
OVER MY DEAD BODY!!!!!!!

Any woman who wishes to enjoy my wealth without putting up her own effort should get out of my face as fast as she could before I kick her out hard!!!

I have zero respect for women like that. Not to mention all these years of feminism movements and equality talk, shame on them if they agree to do this and they are disgrace to all the women who put in so much effort to fight for women's rights.

I also have little respect for the guys who want to do this. You just lowered yourself to be the provider. Please don't cry if she takes advantage of you because you let her!!! Just because she's beautiful, it does not mean she is entitled of anything.

Men and women are equal. So equally, we need both become the providers for the family and we build family together.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:25 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,345,711 times
I've been a stay-at-home wife for a few years. Most of that time I was going to school, but perhaps about a year was entirely free. I did the general cleaning, laundry, and dinner (not necessarily fancy or home-cooked), and used the rest of my time as I please. My ex was doing some nasty stuff around the house due to his daughter not doing it - he was taking care of the zoo she owned. I wouldn't have asked for his help with cleaning the house had it been a normal home.

If it weren't for some serious problems caused by his daughter, or shall we say by his inability to handle her, or shall we say if we were alone, we would've been still married and quite happy with the arrangement. Some men appreciate having a nice home and a relaxed wife and as long as it works for both people, there's nothing wrong with it.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:26 PM

851 posts, read 3,165,180 times
Alternatively, I can agree to do this as per following conditions:

1. She must remain absolutely faithful
2. I can take in any number of mistresses or girlfriends as I see fit and she needs to participate happily
3. If a divorce is filed or I am dead/disabled before she hits 65, she gets nothing.

Maybe there are other conditions but these should be fun for now. :-)

Old 12-01-2010, 10:32 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,072,000 times
If you enjoy living on one income you're far better off with both of you working part-time and enjoying your leisure time together.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:39 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,345,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
If you enjoy living on one income
It depends on the income. Some are enough if one is not into too much luxury.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:57 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,463,477 times
I think most husbands do NOT like their wives getting educations and good jobs. THey like being the ones in control and when their wives elevate themselves, they lose power and control. Its a power struggle thing. They don't want to lose dominance or be left behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or