U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-03-2010, 08:45 AM

4 posts, read 7,292 times
Default Male Doctors Examining Women

I just wondered why people are so naive to think that it's ok for a male doctor to examine women without enjoying what they see when it comes to a young attractive woman. Some women, who have no self-respect, sometimes admit to not caring if a male doctor gets aroused by what they see when doing things like pelvic exams. But for those women who think male doctors are morally above other men just because they wear a white cloak with rubber gloves, let me make some points for you to think about.

Some people say they have seen it all before and probably get bored. This is just a myth. No honest perosn with a brain can seriously believe that. I could see a naked attactive woman 10 times a day and would never get bored. If women could have a male brain for just one week then they would know that no straight man would ever get bored when looking at the body parts of an attractive woman.

Some people say that there is always a nurse with you to mkae sure nothing wrong happens. Well, the fact that a nurse has to be there should say it all. If there was nothing wrong with a male doctor examining women then there shouldn't be any need for a nurse to be there in the first place. Oh, and can the nurse read the doctors thoughts? Do you not know that a male doctor can store the images of your body in his mind and fantasise about it afterwards? How can people be so naive?

Some people also say that they act professional. Well, obviously, they have to. There not exatly going to turn round and say, "Wow, your body really turns me on." I have heard how doctors are very good at hiding their feelings or sexual thoughts. So do women not mind a male doctor getting off on them in his mind as long as he acts professional? This is the issue. The issue isn't whether he acts professional, the issue is the fact that women are giving men in a uniform access to their intimate body parts. What are your thoughts on this? And please don't use the pityful excuse of, "what if the woman doctor is a lesbian." You know this is a very weak and silly argument.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:52 AM

3,162 posts, read 4,439,715 times
Not too long ago, there was a discussion about this very same topic in the Religion forum. The basis for that topic was obviously religiously motivated, but the answer was basically the same: if this is something that bothers you, don't see a doctor of the opposite sex.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:55 AM

12,890 posts, read 12,458,705 times
I can't vouch for Western doctors doing a routine examination, but as a Chinese medicine practitioner I've had many occasions to work on female patients in varying states of nudity. I've never had the necessary lack of ethics to see them as anything except patients, but I guess that would blow your theory out of the water.

See, some of us have the need, and the ability, to rise above animal instincts when the occasion calls for it.

3,435 posts, read 1,120,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinRooper101 View Post
I just wondered why people are so naive to think that it's ok for a male doctor to examine women without enjoying what they see when it comes to a young attractive woman. Some women, who have no self-respect, sometimes admit to not caring if a male doctor gets aroused by what they see when doing things like pelvic exams. But for those women who think male doctors are morally above other men just because they wear a white cloak with rubber gloves, let me make some points for you to think about.

Some people say they have seen it all before and probably get bored. This is just a myth. No honest perosn with a brain can seriously believe that. I could see a naked attactive woman 10 times a day and would never get bored. If women could have a male brain for just one week then they would know that no straight man would ever get bored when looking at the body parts of an attractive woman.

Some people say that there is always a nurse with you to mkae sure nothing wrong happens. Well, the fact that a nurse has to be there should say it all. If there was nothing wrong with a male doctor examining women then there shouldn't be any need for a nurse to be there in the first place. Oh, and can the nurse read the doctors thoughts? Do you not know that a male doctor can store the images of your body in his mind and fantasise about it afterwards? How can people be so naive?

Some people also say that they act professional. Well, obviously, they have to. There not exatly going to turn round and say, "Wow, your body really turns me on." I have heard how doctors are very good at hiding their feelings or sexual thoughts. So do women not mind a male doctor getting off on them in his mind as long as he acts professional? This is the issue. The issue isn't whether he acts professional, the issue is the fact that women are giving men in a uniform access to their intimate body parts. What are your thoughts on this? And please don't use the pityful excuse of, "what if the woman doctor is a lesbian." You know this is a very weak and silly argument.

I have an excellent OBGYN and he is male. He is the absolute best Dr. I have ever known. I have no issues with having a male Dr. I would like to think that Dr's are professional and are able to remian that way when examining a woman.
The reason a nurse has to be in the room is because of people who think like you and would accuse the Dr. of sexual assault. The nurse is there to protect the Dr. from false accusations.
Most Dr's are not perverts.

380 posts, read 407,429 times
Uhm my gynecologist (who delivered me and is also my moms obgyn) is male and I have no problems with him examining me whatsoever. Hes been my obgyn since I was 16. What exactly is the big deal??

Old 12-03-2010, 08:58 AM

8,496 posts, read 9,654,517 times
Quote:

Incase someone hasn't already told you, the Nurse is there to protect the Doctor from be accused of doing something he did not do.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:06 AM

4,928 posts, read 4,462,055 times
Quote:
I could see a naked attactive woman 10 times a day and would never get bored. If women could have a male brain for just one week then they would know that no straight man would ever get bored when looking at the body parts of an attractive woman.
So should you be ousted from society because you get aroused or have sexual thoughts when looking at attractive women?

Quote:
Oh, and can the nurse read the doctors thoughts? Do you not know that a male doctor can store the images of your body in his mind and fantasise about it afterwards? How can people be so naive?
When you seen an attractive woman naked............................................. ................

(sorry, I had take a drink of water from the laugh/choke thing I have going on while trying to respond.)

.......what are you thinking? Should women consider you a perv?

Quote:
You know this is a very weak and silly argument.
I agree! BTW, you do know that everyone who gets an exam does not have a "model" figure and looks. They see it ALL. The good, bad and downright ugly!!

It's about being medical professional. No more than if a female dr. gives a man a prostate exam or has to perform surgery and sees his naked body.......she's not imagining giving him a BJ. Good grief!

Old 12-03-2010, 09:08 AM

12,957 posts, read 10,243,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I can't vouch for Western doctors doing a routine examination, but as a Chinese medicine practitioner I've had many occasions to work on female patients in varying states of nudity. I've never had the necessary lack of ethics to see them as anything except patients, but I guess that would blow your theory out of the water.

See, some of us have the need, and the ability, to rise above animal instincts when the occasion calls for it.
True, the OP doesn't give men in general much credit if s/he thinks that they're all sexual predators deep down.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:20 AM

46 posts, read 45,847 times
I prefer a female doctor. I like the idea of having someone of the same gender who truly understands what my body is going through. Especially for an OBGYN exam. Issues like menstrual periods, child birth (although I've never had children), female hormones, pap smears, breast exams, menopause.

If I were a male, I believe I would prefer a male doctor for the very same reasons. Someone who lives and truly understands issues with prostate, erectile dysfunction, male sexual organs, male hormones, and aging.

As far as the doctor with the male fantasies, I believe it can happen. Even a male shoe salesman could get excited by touching my dainty feet but if he tries to play a little too much "footsie" at least I have a good strong kick!

A woman is very vulnerable sitting in a paper gown on an exam table. Even with a nurse there as a witness, I would like to believe she would defend me if the doctor were unethical. But instead of taking the risk of a potential uncomfortable situation, I prefer a female doctor.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:28 AM

44,318 posts, read 54,771,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistic Spirit View Post
I prefer a female doctor. I like the idea of having someone of the same gender who truly understands what my body is going through. Especially for an OBGYN exam. Issues like menstrual periods, child birth (although I've never had children), female hormones, pap smears, breast exams, menopause.

If I were a male, I believe I would prefer a male doctor for the very same reasons. Someone who lives and truly understands issues with prostate, erectile dysfunction, male sexual organs, male hormones, and aging.
Preferance for a same sex doctor for issues of modesty or for having a doctor with the same anatomy as you to understand yours better is fine.

But our OP is suggesting that all male doctors are perverts looking to get a thrill - which could not be further from reality or truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.