Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 03:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,627 times

Advertisements

Me too man. Thissophmore girl likes me, she has a beautiful smile, and she always waits for me in a secretive way after the bell rings for lunch. I'm a freshman and girls have liked me in the past, but i keep doing the same stuff. I think she knows i like her too, but I'm afraid every one will know. She is very pretty but I'm not the type of dude to be lovey duvey and ****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 10:52 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz0id View Post
I know this girl in class who likes me even before her best friend told me that she does a few weeks back (presumably so that I will finally make a move on her) and I like her too---a LOT---but every time I see her in class or get near her, I act as if she doesn't exist!

I won't even look at her even though every 5 or so minutes she'll look in my general direction (she sits a few rows in front of me and I always see her head turn around... and of course, like the idiot that I am, I won't look at her). Sometimes, she'll walk right in front of me and I'll sit still like a statue without looking at her or saying something to her. It's like I am programmed to act like she's invisible every time I see her.

I know she's getting really frustrated by now because for three months (basically the whole semester), she's been giving me all these clues and hints that she likes me and she's doing all that she can to get my attention and I know she wants me to approach her but I just can't make myself do any of those let alone just look at her or smile!

Of course, I don't have any problem chatting it up with the other girls in my vicinity but I clam up every time I see her. She probably thinks I don't like her or I'm not interested in her when it's completely the opposite---I think about her a lot (read: daydream) and run scenarios in my head where I finally have the balls to even just look at her but when the day comes, I go back into my normal I'm-pretending-I-don't-see-you-even-though-I-do-and-I'm-dying-to-talk-to-you mode. The semester is ending next week and I'll only see her 3 more times and that's it. I'll be forever alone. She's exactly my type, too---tall, smart, curly long hair, attractive face/body, jewish, etc. but I'm too much of a wuss around her and I don't know why.

God, I hate myself right now.

PS---I am DEFINITELY not gay! I just don't know why I act like this toward her.
Dude grow a pair or some other guy is gonna come grab her away. Then you'll just be back on here posting about how you lost her and what to do.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:55 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
I know many guys like this. They would rather let the opportunity pass than risk rejection.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:14 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,928 times
the person may have grown some balls since 2010, haha

well maybe.

in this scenario 50% of woman do the same silly shht too

you have a woman who obviously likes a dude, the dude actually has a pair and steps to her...she panics and goes into "i dont like you mode" then hates herself after she self sabotages over and over again meanwhile the guy is confused and will move on to friendlier waters

Old 01-11-2015, 07:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
the person may have grown some balls since 2010, haha

well maybe.

in this scenario 50% of woman do the same silly shht too

you have a woman who obviously likes a dude, the dude actually has a pair and steps to her...she panics and goes into "i dont like you mode" then hates herself after she self sabotages over and over again meanwhile the guy is confused and will move on to friendlier waters
They do?

Old 01-11-2015, 08:40 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,845,640 times
OP has no balls and I also think he is personalizing her behavior way too much. He seems to think that everything she did in class had something to do with him, was a ploy to get his attention, etc. She was probably just going about her life and he's got it in his head that she's strategically trying to get his attention.

Funny how guys like this try to turn it on the girl, when in actuality they're the ones who are obsessed.

Old 03-04-2015, 07:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,489 times
Smile .

Just be confident and talk to her because later it will pay off.

Old 11-08-2017, 07:41 PM

3 posts, read 3,321 times
I don't mean to necropost, but this is exactly my situation :P

Old 11-08-2017, 07:45 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WowiePowie View Post
So did the many replies to the OP help?

Old 11-08-2017, 08:45 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WowiePowie View Post
Just grow a pair and talk to her.

Whats the worst that's going to happen? You get a no and you stop wasting your time and find another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships