Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 07:57 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,066,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
I thought this would be a pretty interesting topic. Personally, I don't like competing with other girls for a particular guy...I feel that if I even need to get into that position of competing, then the guy really isn't worth my time. If he's not convinced he wants to be with me, he's not worth it. I think that with men, in general, it's different. Instinctively, they like the chase and the competition. Whereas I'm completely turned-off when a particular guy has many girls chasing after him and wanting him, I think guys find a girl with many suitors more attractive and thrive on the competition. So personally, for you, does it appeal or repel you? Is it an age thing?

Repels me. I don't want ANY competition if I want someone. I want them have 0 other suiters. I want to be the only one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
I don't compete over anyone. That's retarded. If I like a girl, I go for her, and if someone else likes her too then good luck to him. I am not going to try to waste my time outdoing him. I am simply going to be myself and that's it and not put any thought into another guy.

Frankly, I remember my relationship, the one that actually mattered for me for the only girl that I have ever had an interest for emotionally. There were 2 other guys that liked her, both my best friends. They used to tell me all the time about her and how much they wanted to have sex with her and stuff. I was always like "cool, good luck with that". I never share my feelings with anyone not even my friends, its not something I feel the need to do.

The whole time they tried to out do each other, trash talk about each other (my two other friends I mean), and tried to get her to like them. I would just be me, we talked about NBA, because its something I am passionate about and so was she. We had a lot in common. Me and her would go to the beach on weekends sometimes to play football on the beach, well just catch but yeah.

Overall, she liked me because she liked spending time with me, the things we did, the things we talked about, and how we felt about each other. Myself, vice versa, everything she felt, so did I. And when I asked her out, she was delighted. When my two friends found out, they were furious with me because I never told them, I told them that they were being douches to each other and let a girl come between their own friendship. Which in return showed me they weren't truly dependable friends with an everlasting sense of friendship. They let my words sink in, and when their reality set in, they told me I was right and that they were being super douches to themselves and to others over such a trivial thing.

In general, I am not competitive. If someone else likes the same person as me, fine go for it. Everyone has a right to do what they want, but don't expect me to try to compete with you over anyone. I never give people more worth than they deserve.

Competition is for the weak, and in my opinion and my personal experience, its for those that view others as threats. Why feel threatened? Just be yourself, that's the point of someone liking you emotionally either way, because they like you for who you are, not who you are outdoing.

That 1st line there I have in both looks to me like a Plentyoffish case or what the girls on plentyoffish like to do there. Have a bunch of guys competing over them.

What NBA team man? Celtics here.

I don't like competing over girls with other guys. I may be what I am , but that isnt what I resort to. If a girl has tons of guyfriends or too many for my liking or many guys who want her while I don't have her, then its off. I am turned off officially.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I don't enjoy competing for a guy. If he is not fully into me, I'm not going to try to win over his attention and beat the competition. I also get turned off when I see tons of girls salivating over one guy and he plays them around like he is playing Bocce.
Exactly how I feel. Good chance if someone has competition, they aren't worth it and will most likely not give you total attention.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
I'm in competition with and for myself and no one else. I'm not chasing after NO WOMAN and for some women to make men jump through hoops to prove himself worthy of her is really pathetic. If she's not into me, oh well. In many cases, women who make men jump through hoops for them don't have nothing to bring to the table so they play silly games.

Do you think in some cases, the guy who jumps through the most hoops for her will win her? This could be why you see so many not so great looking guys with hot girls probably. They tried hard to get her probably or jumped through the most hoops to get her. He won her due to that is what this implys. Would you say its true?

Old 12-06-2010, 08:23 PM

15 posts, read 14,823 times
Competing for the affections of the opposite sex seems really juvenile. :\ Seriously, I don't think I've seen anyone do that since like jr. high. Plus, shouldn't it be up to the person to decide who they want to date? If they didn't notice you from the start, then they must not have found you equally enthralling and you're better off looking for someone else who appreciates you with less hassle involved.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzBrisbee View Post
Competing for the affections of the opposite sex seems really juvenile. :\ Seriously, I don't think I've seen anyone do that since like jr. high. Plus, shouldn't it be up to the person to decide who they want to date? If they didn't notice you from the start, then they must not have found you equally enthralling and you're better off looking for someone else who appreciates you with less hassle involved.

Very true. I don't fall for the competition trap. The closest I probably came is plentyoffish and even then, I am never aware of who competed for some of the girls I wanted IF that was indeed who they even said they were. I am not using it anymore though. There is competition though I know for a fact and when some of those girls open their inboxes, they laugh their asses off to their friends about how many guys messaged them and then they may just pick "the best one".

Old 12-06-2010, 08:32 PM

545 posts, read 1,555,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
I don't compete over anyone. That's retarded. If I like a girl, I go for her, and if someone else likes her too then good luck to him. I am not going to try to waste my time outdoing him. I am simply going to be myself and that's it and not put any thought into another guy.

Frankly, I remember my relationship, the one that actually mattered for me for the only girl that I have ever had an interest for emotionally. There were 2 other guys that liked her, both my best friends. They used to tell me all the time about her and how much they wanted to have sex with her and stuff. I was always like "cool, good luck with that". I never share my feelings with anyone not even my friends, its not something I feel the need to do.

The whole time they tried to out do each other, trash talk about each other (my two other friends I mean), and tried to get her to like them. I would just be me, we talked about NBA, because its something I am passionate about and so was she. We had a lot in common. Me and her would go to the beach on weekends sometimes to play football on the beach, well just catch but yeah.

Overall, she liked me because she liked spending time with me, the things we did, the things we talked about, and how we felt about each other. Myself, vice versa, everything she felt, so did I. And when I asked her out, she was delighted. When my two friends found out, they were furious with me because I never told them, I told them that they were being douches to each other and let a girl come between their own friendship. Which in return showed me they weren't truly dependable friends with an everlasting sense of friendship. They let my words sink in, and when their reality set in, they told me I was right and that they were being super douches to themselves and to others over such a trivial thing.

In general, I am not competitive. If someone else likes the same person as me, fine go for it. Everyone has a right to do what they want, but don't expect me to try to compete with you over anyone. I never give people more worth than they deserve.

Competition is for the weak, and in my opinion and my personal experience, its for those that view others as threats. Why feel threatened? Just be yourself, that's the point of someone liking you emotionally either way, because they like you for who you are, not who you are outdoing.
Bros over hos... I'd probably dump you as a friend.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:40 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,438,354 times
Encountered very good man or woman, why do not you competition?

Old 12-07-2010, 09:42 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,681,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleharmonicmotion View Post
Hmm..I dont think so. If that was the case, then the concept of the "trophy wife" would not exist. I think many men will jump on the bandwagon to say if a particular woman is hot, even if they would never personally pursue her.
"Trophy wives" exist only because men are in general agreement on who's hot and who's not. Megan Fox or Kim Kardashian, undressing before any man live in the flesh, will undoubtedly give that man the hardest boner of his life. Christina Ricci, on the other hand, would probably only elicit half of the hardness that Megan Fox could. The boner doesn't lie.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:31 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
Do you think in some cases, the guy who jumps through the most hoops for her will win her? This could be why you see so many not so great looking guys with hot girls probably. They tried hard to get her probably or jumped through the most hoops to get her. He won her due to that is what this implys. Would you say its true?
In most cases yes, because he's shown the most persistence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships