Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 05:14 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,957 times

Advertisements

Ok here is something i learned about dateing after the age of 45..

1-as i get older the less B.S. i will put up with in a Relationship with a women for iam to old to play let me guess what behind door number three game with you ..

2-it a simple question in my book when asking a lady out for a date it yes or no ..not maybe or i have to think about when answering my question about do you want to go out ..

it a simple question with a simple answer for you the women to answer the question and stop giveing men the like they are a Wells Fargo loan officer giveing me a loan from there bank ..it yes or no and if no then no hard feeling and iam moveing on and not asking you again..

3-this part has been said before this statement before.. ..i date you and you only ..not you and your three best girlfriends and there moms and your mom and everyone female in your office ..

i can not stand your socalled girlfriends and how they inject themselfs into the relationships with there own brand of BS into the subect of us dateing because they are flat out misable and can not stand to see someone else happy in there relationship ..

so i know that it going to make someone mad but it the truth as we get old the less b.s. we will put up with in our life..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 05:21 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
How come it took you so long?

Old 12-25-2010, 05:52 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,084,831 times
There's a cure for all that BS...don't date. I love my drama free life!

Old 12-25-2010, 06:15 AM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times
I figured out it was all about confidence. And you are right, after we are older we have no patience for the bs. With our age also comes that fact we are more stable in our income and housing, you need to be careful not to be taken for a ride.

No idea when it came to me. Finding the right woman for me there was no list of attributes I was looking for. I was looking for the woman who accepted me as I was, and did not try to make changes in me. Why is it women feel the need to "fix" you?

Old 12-25-2010, 07:11 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,144 times
The ones I really hate are the ones that show you one face while you are dating but when you get tied up.. it seems like the other face appears (that I didnt know anything about). Go figure...

Old 12-25-2010, 08:28 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
How come it took you so long?
That's what I was wondering. I figured this stuff out before I hit 30. Most men get tired of the mind games that women play. We'll pursue, but if a woman plays hard to get or employs those silly "rules", we won't play along. There are plenty of fish in the sea.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:56 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
That's what I was wondering. I figured this stuff out before I hit 30. Most men get tired of the mind games that women play. We'll pursue, but if a woman plays hard to get or employs those silly "rules", we won't play along. There are plenty of fish in the sea.
Everyone plays games. The point is not when you learn it, but that you learn it. Some people never learn it.

I'll go beyond the OP's sentiments. I am tired of putting up with anyone's BS in life - male or female. I call them on it (oops) and move on. Maybe that makes me a biatch, but that's how it has turned out. My dad's death affected me a lot this year. But I do understand, at the same time, how frustrating it must be to get the runaround as usually men do the asking.

If I ever meet a decent man, well, maybe I'll have another date in my life. If not, oh well. Had it with men's games as well.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:56 AM

268 posts, read 817,374 times
Women need to realize, men can not read minds, that is all.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:29 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,999,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp killer View Post
Women need to realize, men can not read minds, that is all.
Yeah, heard that one before. Men need to realize that women don't want to hurt other people's feelings, hence the maybes, I'll check my calendar. It's tough for everyone and I think more so at an older age.

I mean, NO, is a hard word to say. Recently I invited a woman to lunch. Her daughter was visiting so I said Great call me when you can, have a nice visit. Nothing was set up. Nine days later she leaves me a message she doesn't want to do lunch, but we'll talk. Well, no, we won't. I never returned her call.

People, and both genders, can be equally odd. The point is not to take it personally and just move on.

Old 12-25-2010, 12:43 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post

i can not stand your socalled girlfriends and how they inject themselfs into the relationships with there own brand of BS into the subect of us dateing because they are flat out misable and can not stand to see someone else happy in there relationship ..

so i know that it going to make someone mad but it the truth as we get old the less b.s. we will put up with in our life..
I had a friend who involved herself in everything! I was afraid to bring men around her because of it. Oddly enough, she was married too and claimed to be happy. Thankfully, I dumped her friendship. Life is so much easier now .

I'm a 24 year old woman and I already can't deal with the b.s. you mentioned in the opposite sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships