Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 06:19 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,633,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
This sounds more like unrequited love... I don't envy the next woman you're romantically involved with...
Neither do I

Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 08:19 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,937,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
This sounds more like unrequited love... I don't envy the next woman you're romantically involved with...
There you go Sierra!!!

Maybe you can get unlucky under the bleechers of a Star Trek convention. LOL!!!

Old 12-06-2010, 08:33 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,120,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
There you go Sierra!!!

Maybe you can get unlucky under the bleechers of a Star Trek convention. LOL!!!
Putting the words "Star Trek," "bleachers," and Sierra in the same sentence is blasphemy!

Old 12-06-2010, 08:58 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,833,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
How do you know if you're in someone's, or have placed someone in yours?
not being on dates in the traditional sense
no physical affection
just not into you that way (i.e. your friend is asking for advice on his/her latest crush)

Quote:
Is it really as bad as all the hype?
nope.

Quote:
Can you get out and if so how?
with me, nope. unless they're willing to jump in front of a bus for me.

i probably sound mean, but when you're just a guy's friend (for quite a while) -- you've already seen the qualities and dynamics in the friendship that would make a relationship highly improbable/ destructive.

Quote:
How does someone end up in YOUR friend zone?
meet a guy, evaluate if i'd like to go out with him or not, if no (meaning never) - then he's my friend if he'd also like me to be his friend

if not - sayonara

Quote:
Do you currently have a 'friend' with whom you'd like to be more?
nope. when there is someone i'd like to be more with, then i dont treat them like just a friend. i also dont act like just a friend and foster a friendship hoping for it to become something more. things have to be pretty clear from the beginning.

Quote:
There have been girls who I didn't want to be more than friends with who wanted more. Does that mean I put them in my friend zone?
yeppers

Old 12-06-2010, 09:09 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,395,776 times
To me, friendzone is a friend, buddy, or brother-like. There are no attractions. If it takes attraction to start a relationship (supposely), then you can't blame me for putting you in the friendzone even if you have the game. I don't know what's up with these "night" or "sleep" stuff but it's not my thing. If you're looking for that, go find someone else who's into that stuff. Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why people are disappointed or upset about these kind of stuff. There's nothing with the friendzone. To me, sometimes friendzone leads to more than friends. I just like getting to know people and who they are before I OK them.

Honestly, don't take it the wrong way if you are in the friendzone. You're actually "lucky" to be in the zone because I'm very cautious about picking my friends and who I am getting to know.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:13 AM

1,089 posts, read 2,397,715 times
Quote:
you've already seen the qualities and dynamics in the friendship that would make a relationship highly improbable/ destructive.
This is the part I don't get. WHY would you be friends with someone who you believe would be destructive in a relationship? I would want to stay as far away from someone like that as possible

Quote:
There's nothing with the friendzone. To me, sometimes friendzone leads to more than friends. I just like getting to know people and who they are before I OK them.

Honestly, don't take it the wrong way if you are in the friendzone. You're actually "lucky" to be in the zone because I'm very cautious about picking my friends and who I am getting to know.
That's an interesting distinction. You can be friends where both of you have left the door open. Or you could be in the 'friendzone' where the other person will never consider you for anything more.

Personally I would never consider a girl for a relationship until she has proven herself as a friend first. And it usually takes awhile (a few months at least) before I think I know someone well enough to decide if I want to date her.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:35 AM

20,699 posts, read 19,338,023 times
Its between North and South Korea. Some people get lost on their way to Thailand.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:37 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,612,762 times
Simplified answer...

Old 12-06-2010, 10:43 AM

20,699 posts, read 19,338,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Simplified answer...

Indeed. If you look up and see underwear, you are looking at the Brandenburg Gate.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:46 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,710,512 times
the friend zone is the winner's circle for the Nice Olympics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships