Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 07:29 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times

Advertisements

Think Duckie in Pretty in Pink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 07:33 PM

13,609 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
One thing I don't get. What man-fool is going to waste much time crying over a woman he is not banging? Between a job, the woman he is banging or could be, same sex friends and activities, who has time for some soul ripping, one sided relationship? Never played the role of the orbital wannabe and never will. Those guys with their droopy, and let me get that for you supplications get further away from their goal with every weepy sniffle.

Infatuation, lust, want, or even maybe real love are powerful motivators and can cloud the mind. One can even convince themself to see there are possible signs that if they just try harder they will succeed. Just imagine the girl telling her friend zoned guy " you are so awesome, why can't other guys be like you?" The guy hears that and thinks first " well duh why doesn't she go for me then?" And after hearing that from her tells himself "there is a chance, she sees something in me, and if I just try harder, and keep showing how true I am one day it will happen"

But no....it probably won't happen.

J Geils said it best....

Old 12-07-2010, 01:06 AM

1,496 posts, read 2,438,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croye22 View Post
Best way to avoid the friendzone - don't become the emotional tampon for her. If you're there, pack up and move along.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:10 AM

964 posts, read 3,160,080 times
I've been friendzoned before, well sort of, but i've learned from my mistakes and know enough to not make the same mistake again.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:39 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
It's pretty easy to get out of the friend zone...for guys.

All you have to do is make yourself less available. Keep your conversations short. Start dating another girl and make sure she knows about it. Perhaps the best thing you can do is place yourself in a setting where she can observe you engaging with a number of moderately attractive women at once. There's nothing that women find more attractive than a man that other women find attractive. This article provides a very good explanation for why that is the case.

Judgment-copying theory of female attraction « stage two

There is pretty much nothing that a girl can do to get out of the friend zone.
I also disagree. The reason they call it the friend zone, is that he has little to no chance of being anything other than a friend- no matter what he does.

If a man is attractive to many other women, then this translates to general physical attractiveness. A man such as this won't be any girl's friend, since he doesn't need to be. The woman he wants will probably take one look at him and decide then and there that she will have him within a short amount of time. She won't need months and months of cajoling, to convince her to get him into her bed. Thus, they won't be friends. Since the woman will be intent on her prey, as will he. This is not called friendship. So he will never be in the friend zone.

If he is unattractive and the woman he desires is not into him, acting like a jerk will only create more distance between them, since she will not miss him, unless she initially thought he was mate material, or during the span of the friendship, she realized he was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

Not so for a guy. If he breaks down emotionally, he loses all masculine appeal. His sexual power similarly declines when he fails professionally and loses status.

I also disagree with this paragraph. A man who is hot will not lose appeal to a woman if he breaks down emotionally. He will be seen as sensitive and a man who can share his feelings. This is why when you turn on the t.v. and the soaps are on, you notice the men are always weeping and doing other unmanly things. It has its appeal. (I should add that he can't be crying cause he lost his job, or broke a nail - that would be unmanly.He has to be crying over a woman. Lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Infatuation, lust, want, or even maybe real love are powerful motivators and can cloud the mind. One can even convince themself to see there are possible signs that if they just try harder they will succeed. Just imagine the girl telling her friend zoned guy " you are so awesome, why can't other guys be like you?" The guy hears that and thinks first " well duh why doesn't she go for me then?" And after hearing that from her tells himself "there is a chance, she sees something in me, and if I just try harder, and keep showing how true I am one day it will happen"

But no....it probably won't happen.

J Geils said it best....
True.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:52 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,637,545 times
Love Stinks, Yea Yea...

Old 12-07-2010, 06:57 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,814,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Love Stinks, Yea Yea...
Ah ha! I was thinking "Centerfold"?

Old 12-07-2010, 07:06 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,637,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Ah ha! I was thinking "Centerfold"?
My blood runs cold, yea my memory has just been sold!
my angel is a centerfold, my angel is a centerfold!

La la la la la la, la la la la la la la la

Jonathan

Old 12-07-2010, 07:07 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
PS, I Love You (film): Harry Connick, Jr. and Hilary Swank - Bing Videos

Old 12-07-2010, 07:08 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,814,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
My blood runs cold, yea my memory has just been sold!
my angel is a centerfold, my angel is a centerfold!

La la la la la la, la la la la la la la la

Jonathan
I always thought it was na na na-na-na-na, na na na na-na na na na...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships