U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 12-07-2010, 05:45 PM

837 posts, read 452,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Sex really makes things more complicated and unleashes a lot of unnecessary insecurities if only people could learn to be happy with simpler forms of affection. It also depends on your individual needs. Some people just need hugging MORE than they need sex because they never got enough of it. And so even though for some hugging, even holding hands, may seem trite and juvenile for your partner, to you it may be a very important and even spiritually sustaining experience.
Exactly, I can get attached to someone doing or sharing moments with them other than just sex. People always ask me did I sleep with him and when I say no. People are confused and act like you have to sleep with someone to become attached. Sometimes a good touch or shared laugh can be just as meaningful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-07-2010, 05:50 PM

11,442 posts, read 8,078,515 times
From a previous post:
Sex really makes things more complicated and unleashes a lot of unnecessary insecurities if only people could learn to be happy with simpler forms of affection.

Insecurities? What other emotions are involved? Guilt? Shame?

Unread 12-07-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I am assuming that we are NOT talking about people with health/physical issues or people with religious hang-ups about it. With that being said, I dont understand it either.

Heck, I dont even think I can understand people who dont LOVE sex.

I do not like intercourse because I do not want to go through the physical pain to I guess finally receive some pleasure from all the breaking in horror stories. It just does not seems worth it. I love the foreplay and everything else about it and I get plenty of orgasms so it not of matter of being "loose"

Unread 12-07-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
From a previous post:
Sex really makes things more complicated and unleashes a lot of unnecessary insecurities if only people could learn to be happy with simpler forms of affection.

Insecurities? What other emotions are involved? Guilt? Shame?
Emotions like does this person think I am easy. Will he be around the next day or even call and talk to me anymore. These are the decisions a lot of women have to make before deciding to have sex with someone. We as women go through more emotional consequences

Unread 12-07-2010, 06:03 PM

79 posts, read 79,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Sex is one of the best things about being alive...

Here is the secret guys: HELP WITH THE CHORES
...if your woman feels like a slave, a servant, or your mother- she isn't going to think you are very sexy.
I help with a lot of the chores. Based on the sexual frequency in my marriage, I can only surmise that my help is not appreciated. Maybe, I should do less.

Unread 12-07-2010, 06:31 PM

3,339 posts, read 2,374,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post

And, yes, there are some people who don't like sex. So what? That doesn't mean they don't like closeness or hugging or touching. It could mean they know that sex can get in the way of making a deeper connection with ones partner. Yes, having sex with someone is a great expression of love and acceptance but would you marry someone who you knew you would never have sex with? Could you love someone so much that sex wouldn't matter?

THAT is an expression of deep love also.
Yep. There are folks who do not desire sex -- or feel sexual attraction. But that's distinct from romantic attraction.

Asexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unread 12-07-2010, 06:36 PM

9,399 posts, read 6,652,256 times
Can't say I've really had sex, but I do enjoy self-pleasuring myself so I can only assume that doing that with someone you care about must feel even better. So yeah, not sure how someone couldn't like it unless they're asexual or something.

Unread 12-07-2010, 07:15 PM

3,013 posts, read 1,327,452 times
Sex is normal and natural. Actually, until I started posting on CD I didn't realize so many people had problems enjoying it. Earlier on this thread I discussed some reasons I think some people might not enjoy it. Luckily, I am not one of those people. To me it would be impossible to be in a relationship with a man who didn't enjoy sex, because I enjoy it a lot.

Unread 12-07-2010, 07:26 PM

12,980 posts, read 17,055,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephei2000 View Post
Emotions like does this person think I am easy. Will he be around the next day or even call and talk to me anymore. These are the decisions a lot of women have to make before deciding to have sex with someone. We as women go through more emotional consequences
So you have never had sex/intercourse then so you really dont know if you like it or not. Its like someone saying they dont like a certain food when they havent even tried it yet.

Unread 12-07-2010, 07:30 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,224,158 times
I like sex, I do but it's got to be with the RIGHT person. It's not the end all be all for me like for some posters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships