Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2010, 04:21 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,742,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
1. Wrong. Im afraid you dont understand the difference between Religion and the actuality and necessity based on scientific evidences for our personal theistic Creator existing. Theres a big difference . In fact, the Bible puts down religion emphatically -- that comes as a surprise to most .

2. I havent personally been on the other side (yet), but ive read first hand accounts of people that have as well as eye witness accounts of an ATHEIST Surgeon who recorded his patients being resusitated only to slip away again numerous times and who published a book on it called To Hell and Back. Ive also put to test the credibility of the Bibles New Testament from a historical perspective , and conclude its accuracy regarding life after death. What does the pop culture offer you as far as genuine hope beyond a few short earthly years of getting feelings and urges met ? On your deathbed , is it likely you will have felt quite satisfied and fulfilled in meeting your ultimate purpose in being here (?)
Sorry, but you're splitting hairs in an attempt to circumvent the TOS. You're not fooling anyone. I have no problem with anyone who believes in God or holds the teachings of the bible near and dear to their heart, however, you lose credibility when you insist on forcing these things into every thread and judging others who have not adopted the same beliefs. You'll never get it though. That's part of the arrogance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 04:27 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,298,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I define need as the people on this forum that seem to think sex is a necessity. As someone that's never had sex, that's the best definition I can give even if it sounds vague.

I am content living without sex. So I find it sad that some people think life without sex would be hell.

Any need that sex fulfills can also be fulfilled by masturbation.
So you define need as necessity. hmm that's not vague it's the same word
that's like saying I define eating as "to eat". That's not a definition. But either way, I knew what you meant before you gave me your "definition" so never mind.

Since you aren't asexual, I think you're probably one of the people that, after you have sex, the amount you want/need it in your life will change. But maybe not. As I said everyone likes it and wants it to different degrees.

And masturbation is not a substitute for having intimacy with another person that you love. Yes, there are substitutes for that intimacy, but masturbation isn't it. BUT there is also nothing quite like sex.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:32 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,451,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
So you define need as necessity. hmm that's not vague it's the same word
that's like saying I define eating as "to eat". That's not a definition. But either way, I knew what you meant before you gave me your "definition" so never mind.

Since you aren't asexual, I think you're probably one of the people that, after you have sex, the amount you want/need it in your life will change. But maybe not. As I said everyone likes it and wants it differently.

And masturbation is not a substitute for having intimacy with another person that you love. Yes, there are substitutes for that intimacy, but masturbation isn't it. BUT there is also nothing quite like sex.
You say "after I have sex" as if it's definitely going to happen. I've said before (on this forum) that I'm never having sex.

I don't remember where I read this. It might have been city data. But someone said losing your virginity is like tearing down a wall. Once the wall is gone, there's nothing stopping you from having more sex. So you might be onto something when you say after people have sex, they want more. I don't want that to happen to me, so that's just another reason not to have sex.

Like I said, I actually feel bad for the people that can't imagine life without sex.

Masturbation might lack intimacy, but it has the same end result (orgasm).

Old 12-09-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
That song, you say you would be depressed without sex. But once upon a time you were a virgin. Were you depressed then?
No, because I did other (sexual) things with my then boyfriend now husband. Before that, I masturbated sometimes but didn't really feel sexual. Now that I've had it, I want it more. I'm not saying I've had the same desire for sex since I was born that I do now . As I said, after you've had it, the amount you want it may change or may not.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:44 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,757,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
1. Yes, there is a religion forum. Yet, it is you that continues to object to others mentioning religion in regards to the subject of sex, but put in plenty yourself. I've mentioned religion as the greatest suppressor of the sexual instinct: Only the missionary (male & female) position within a marriage is acceptable.

2. That is your opinion on sex. You are free to view the sexual instinct from a religious perspective. In America you can practice any religious sexual (or anti-sexual) ritual you desire, as long as others are not harmed. But when you want to lay down your religious attitudes as the standards by which everyone shall abide, you should be prepared for criticism and resistance.

3. You merely speculate and assume about a creator without offering any credible evidence.

4. More speculation. You have the right to deny facts, but you can't expect others to do the same. The human sexual instinct can also be applied responsibly (with great pleasure for both participants) without any religious stigmas.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
No, because I did other (sexual) things with my then boyfriend now husband. Before that, I masturbated sometimes but didn't really feel sexual. Now that I've had it, I want it more. I'm not saying I've had the same desire for sex since I was born that I do now . As I said, after you've had it, the amount you want it may change or may not.
24 and married?

My parents got married at 23, but that just seems so young these days.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
You say "after I have sex" as if it's definitely going to happen. I've said before (on this forum) that I'm never having sex.
I'm sorry I don't remember you saying that. Seriously I apologize for assuming. Whatever thread that was, I never read it.

Quote:
I don't remember where I read this. It might have been city data. But someone said losing your virginity is like tearing down a wall. Once the wall is gone, there's nothing stopping you from having more sex. So you might be onto something when you say after people have sex, they want more. I don't want that to happen to me, so that's just another reason not to have sex.
No, that's not what I meant. There IS something stopping you from having sex. Your own personal restraint when it's not with the right person, or there's some other reason that makes the situation wrong. It's definitely possible to hold yourself back. We aren't dumb animals after all. Just because you've had sex doesn't mean that you're going to want to do it all the time with everyone no matter what. I think you have a fear of sex, and I wish you didn't because it can be a really great thing.

Quote:
Masturbation might lack intimacy, but it has the same end result (orgasm).
Intimacy is important. It's not just a minor detail about sex. And the end result to intimacy is more than an orgasm. I think you're ignoring some things about sex in an attempt to convince yourself it isn't that great. I respect your vow to stay a virgin for life, but that vow would be a lot stronger if you accepted all the parts of what you are avoiding instead of pretending there's nothing good about it.

It's very similar to the fact that I never drink. Never. Never one beer, never one glass of wine, not one sip of anyone's anything. People ask why? or how can you live like that? or why would you want to live like that? I accept that it might be fun. I never say that isn't fun. But I have other ways of having fun and have thought about that. If I had never thought of another way to have fun (in your case sexual release and intimacy) then it would be pretty hard to keep that promise to myself.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
24 and married?

My parents got married at 23, but that just seems so young these days.
Ok. What's your point?

Old 12-09-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Ok. What's your point?
When people are married so young these days, I'm just surprised because the current trend is to get married later. That's all.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:22 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,315,701 times
Quote:
When people are married so young these days, I'm just surprised because the current trend is to get married later. That's all.
24 isn't too young to be married. In some areas of the country, for instance, Utah and Arkansas, most people are married by 21 or 22. I personally think 24 is a good age to be married by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships