U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-07-2010, 01:46 PM

5,258 posts, read 5,148,940 times

Advertisements

I have to admit that I'm in the group that doesn't really care for sex. I don't know why, but it's just not something I've found myself wanting over the past few years. Not to say that I've been completely celibate...but it probably takes more for me to get into sex, or to gain a yearning for it, than it does the average woman.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 01:48 PM

3,967 posts, read 3,326,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I have to admit that I'm in the group that doesn't really care for sex. I don't know why, but it's just not something I've found myself wanting over the past few years. Not to say that I've been completely celibate...but it probably takes more for me to get into sex, or to gain a yearning for it, than it does the average woman.

Have you had any stress lately? New children? Menopause? Any of those things can affect your drive.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Have you had any stress lately? New children? Menopause? Any of those things can affect your drive.
No new children. No menopause yet. And not much stress. I'm just not much of a sexual person. I'm not complaining or anything...it's not something I lose sleep over. I just realize that I might be a little abnormal in this department when compared to others.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:58 PM

13,215 posts, read 10,869,352 times
Quote:
I just realize that I might be a little abnormal in this department when compared to others.
I don't think there really is a "normal" when it comes to sex drive. Some people could have it several times a day, some several times a year. It's all about what you and your partner can live with.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:00 PM

5,078 posts, read 8,865,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post
As a male, I guess I direct this more toward women. But realize that there are some men not interested.

Maybe it is as simple as their partners. But once in a while I'll read that someone doesn't care if they only have sex a few times per year. I don't understand this. It feels good, especially physically, but emotionally also.

What is it about it that some people don't like?

I definitely think it has a lot to do with past experiences and past partners. I personally love sex BUT my partner has to be as good if not better and the sex has to be amazing and very satisfying each and every time for me to be completely hooked. I've been very fortunate in that the men I've chosen in the past have had excellent sexual prowess and so we've had awesome lovemaking....
I think if everyone had that from the get go then yes, they'd all love sex.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:24 PM

8,862 posts, read 8,910,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I definitely think it has a lot to do with past experiences and past partners. I personally love sex BUT my partner has to be as good if not better and the sex has to be amazing and very satisfying each and every time for me to be completely hooked. I've been very fortunate in that the men I've chosen in the past have had excellent sexual prowess and so we've had awesome lovemaking....
I think if everyone had that from the get go then yes, they'd all love sex.
shrug--How difficult can it be? How difficult does any aspect of life have to be? Profoundly and extremely difficult for some apparently. Long lists of expectations and 'deal breakers'--shaking my head.

I know won't live that way.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:35 PM

3,967 posts, read 3,326,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
No new children. No menopause yet. And not much stress. I'm just not much of a sexual person. I'm not complaining or anything...it's not something I lose sleep over. I just realize that I might be a little abnormal in this department when compared to others.

You might just have a low drive is all.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:48 PM

380 posts, read 423,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
shrug--How difficult can it be? How difficult does any aspect of life have to be? Profoundly and extremely difficult for some apparently. Long lists of expectations and 'deal breakers'--shaking my head.

I know won't live that way.

Well, often sex requires a person, at some point in time, to be selfless simply for the satisfaction of the another. Not many people posses that quality, oftentimes leaving someone unsatisfied. I think that's why sex is difficult for many people.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:49 PM

5,051 posts, read 2,909,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post

Some people use it as a means of control I suppose
= "legal" prostitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
Climaxing comes easier for men, therefore they're more prone to enjoying it. It's more difficult for most women until they get to know their bodies and know what does it for them...so until then...it's not an enjoyable experience.
What confuses me sometimes is how women can easily achieve orgasm when they masturbate. And, yes MOST women masturbate (get to know their bodies) regardless of women having a hard time admitting it. So if they are totally capable, why is it that when they are with a guy they find it difficult? Sure, there can be many factors: the guy is bad in bed, she’s bad in bed, she doesn’t want to communicate, bad timing, stress, and what not. Same thing for men. If they are not enjoying it can be for the same reasons.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
You might just have a low drive is all.
That's pretty much what it is. It's just not a priority at this point in my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships