Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:16 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Was at a job and asked, "Where's the boss?"

One of the guys working there said, "I don't know. He comes and goes as he pleases."

The other guy working there said, "That's what she said."
It's just such a great phrase and covers every situation. Also, it's multifaceted - you can substitute "That's what HE said" if necessary!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 09:16 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,926,814 times
wow people need new jokes LOL.

Some predictable things.... she always washes the dishes SUPER late. drinks water SUPER slow, im talking about like quarter sips. Takes maybe an hour for one glass of water. She also always feellls super guilty without fail whenever she feels like she should do something.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:22 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Edit to add: He always sits facing the door/entrance when we go out to eat.
I do this too. I hate sitting with my back to the entrance/door to a place.

Forgot to add, my dh doesn't really have predictable behaviors. I know I do though, he comments ALL the time about it.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:26 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I do this too. I hate sitting with my back to the entrance/door to a place.
That's the position everybody naturally prefers. Feng Shui calls it the "command position."

The command Position in Feng Shui

Old 12-07-2010, 09:33 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's the position everybody naturally prefers. Feng Shui calls it the "command position."

That's pretty interseting.

In relation to sleeping...I HAVE to have the bed facing the door...but I don't want to be the side of the bed closer to the door (which I am now). My husband doesn't really understand why and doesn't think it's a big deal, but we are going to be rearranging our bedroom to add a TV on the wall and I can tell you I will sleep a lot sounder in my new position.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:39 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

That's only in the Western version of feng shui - doesn't apply in the real Eastern practice. They don't even mention lopan directions or the existence of sha qi on that site (or on the plethora of copycat ones - Google "command position" and I bet you'll find a few hundred sites that all say the same thing).

Old 12-07-2010, 10:52 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Mien will always talk about cars, without fail. He will show any willing participant his collection of cars and will start up the stinkiest one too. If we are at an event like a party or something that MY friends invited us to, he will want to leave early feining illness - every single time but with his friends it's party all night long.

I had a new surprise last night though that absolutely mortified me. We don't eat out very often, I had just gotten back from California after a cross crountry trip then flew home... I was tired and ready for bed but he suggested we grab a bite - something cheap and simple so we agreed on Applebees. They have a promotion, 2 for $20 so you get an appetizer and two entrees for that price. Cheap right? Then he's looking at the happy hour prices, which would have made the entire meal $15 for the same menu items... so he made the waitress explain why he couldn't have the menu prices for the happy hour vs the promotional special then went further and had the Manager change the receipt which saved him a whopping $5. It was embarrassing... I told him if he ever pulled that crap again, to let me know and I'd buy dinner... The thing was it was only $5 and then he ended up tipping the girl $6 - so it would have been a wash anyway..

So, that was UNpredictable... LOL

Old 12-07-2010, 10:56 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,812,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I've been told I get that "searching look" in my eyes and get all serious-looking.
That's what she said last night.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:01 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
That's only in the Western version of feng shui - doesn't apply in the real Eastern practice. They don't even mention lopan directions or the existence of sha qi on that site (or on the plethora of copycat ones - Google "command position" and I bet you'll find a few hundred sites that all say the same thing).
Even so, every human I know prefers this position.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:10 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times
He'd choose a time when I am at home, and would pretend to threaten the kids, "If you don't go to bed, I'll call the mosshorn." The kids would be gullible and say, "She is already home." - Gives him good half an hour of happiness. Then I would start educating the kids, who the real mosshorn is in the house, and the word is just flying about the house, making him happier and happier.

(What's mosshorn, anyways, - I think something old and covered with moss.)

Last edited by nuala; 12-07-2010 at 11:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships