Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 10:57 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I'm perfectly fine with simply earning the money, and letting her decide how it is spent.
this and many other remarks you make, make it sound as if you are not living but only existing. you have no passion or zest for life...you are just biding your time until it's all over. you never make the first move, you want her to do all the "work" as you just sit idly by letting life happen to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 11:35 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
She's perfectly capable of doing it.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:31 PM

18 posts, read 33,237 times
Yes, there is something very fulfilling about such an arrangement. I could use my abilities to thrive at a career and be the decision maker career wise, while she could be the one deciding how the money is spent. For instance, I could earn the money in a business while she picks out the house, cars, vacations we go on and such. Yes, I could put forth my efforts and energy into earing the house of her dreams. it is not a bad deal. I get the position of putting forth my effort and creativity to earn money for someone I love and to execute what she desires, while she gets to have someone happily earning money for, her who will spend the money as she directs.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:22 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkKramer103 View Post
Hello, I am a guy who grew up in a household in which my mom was the true household leader which consisted of her, my dad, and I. She set the tone of our endeavors, directed us in terms of long and short term goals, smoothed over conflicts, inspired us, could be assertive and strong willed when needed and was very big picture oriented, wise and had strength in her personality.

As a result, I am most attracted to women who display leadership qualities and are strong willed decision makers.

When I marry, it will be to a woman with excellent leadership qualities who will be the family leader, listening to all of us, but ultimately being in charge. My questions are the following:

1. (To the men), would you prefer an old fashioned marriage where you were in charge, an egalitarian one, or that your wife be the leader of the family?2. What do you think, of women who have such leadership qualities?

3. Have you ever personally seen any families where the wife held the primary leadership role? If so, what were the dynamics like?
I'm gonna run my household, no ifs, ands or buts about it. That is an area I will not compromise on. The wife is supposed to be a helpmate to her man, to stand by her husband's side as he directs the family. Under no circumstances should a woman undermine her husband's God-given authority as head of the house. I'm speaking from a Biblical perspective here so it may/may not apply to many posters here and that's cool. I just can't see as a man, how another man would want the wife to be family leader but to each their own. I guess if you're a man with no leadership qualities then you want a take-charge woman. Yes, I want a woman with leadership capability but at the same time, she has to respect my role as the CEO. Her and the children's input will matter but ultimately, I run the show.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:29 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
As a man, what I say should go.......

Old 12-11-2010, 06:49 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkKramer103 View Post
Yes, there is something very fulfilling about such an arrangement. I could use my abilities to thrive at a career and be the decision maker career wise, while she could be the one deciding how the money is spent. For instance, I could earn the money in a business while she picks out the house, cars, vacations we go on and such. Yes, I could put forth my efforts and energy into earing the house of her dreams. it is not a bad deal. I get the position of putting forth my effort and creativity to earn money for someone I love and to execute what she desires, while she gets to have someone happily earning money for, her who will spend the money as she directs.
what if she has a fulfilling career of her own?? what if she likes the security that comes with achieving her goals and earning her own money--you know, in case your wonderful dream doesnt work out for HER?

Old 12-11-2010, 06:50 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
As a man, what I say should go.......
*Snoop Dogg* Keep your pimp hand way strong....

Old 12-11-2010, 11:10 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
The 'leader' of the family should probably be whoever has the most experience with said subject and can make the most informed decision. In my opinion, this can switch off between partners these days. In the 'olden days,' men were the only ones allowed to go out of the house and deal with business and life (and were just taught more in general), so they naturally knew more about life outside the house...and it makes sense they tended to lead.

Now, I'd defer to whoever knows more than I do...after a rational discussion where all the facts are presented and weighed.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:56 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,159,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
There, fixed that for ya.
Its so funny because its so true

Old 12-15-2010, 12:47 AM

3 posts, read 3,491 times
The bigger the gap between who earns the money and who spends the money, the worse off people in my life seem to be. Don't just leave one responsibility to one person, we're humans, not ants. Work together, teach each the other how you do things, it'll increase your bond with the other person and you'll be closer as a couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships