Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 09:37 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,842,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I like Craig Ferguson a lot, and I can see how that statement that a man who is good at dancing would be good in bed or whatever but I don't think it's actually true. It's cute, but it's not true.

It's definitely not true for women, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2018, 10:00 AM

50,179 posts, read 63,636,357 times
You know what? My husband doesn’t dance either, but he is a willing spirit. Even if OP is bad at it, it’s endearing that you try. Your date will like that.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:56 AM

30,707 posts, read 79,590,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
^^^This.

How a guy dances does suggest how he will be in bed. Does not mean a non-dancer cannot make love; just not a well or as exciting as the guy who is looser and more serpentine in his movements.
I would agree with your if you are doing both things with an audience. if you do not do both things with an audience, then it is apples to oranges.

Old 12-10-2018, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Raising my kids, I made sure that they both (my daughter and my son) knew how to properly slow dance, and well as some basic freestyle "all purpose" dance movements.

Being able to dance, even a little bit, is a life skill that will serve them well from time to time. Like at their own wedding, for instance, or at the school prom, it will be expected. Always sitting and refusing to dance makes you look like a social stick-in-the-mud.

No one expects you to be a great dancer, but refusing to dance no matter what, is going to be a social handicap, in my opinion.
But did they learn to grind? My son came home from his first dance upset that he was taught all that old fashioned stuff and did not know how to grind. he eventually got over it. Not sure whether he learned to grind, or convinced some gals that actually dancing was preferable to dance floor clothed sex.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:09 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,008,708 times
You're overthinking it.

I don't mean specific (or any) moves; just having a natural rhythm and letting things flow from there.

Quote:
I like Craig Ferguson a lot, and I can see how that statement that a man who is good at dancing would be good in bed or whatever but I don't think it's actually true. It's cute, but it's not true.

Mostly because a good dancer can still be a selfish lover, and "good in bed" is very subjective because people don't all like the same things. Just being able to um...do that..."Time Warp" move...with proper rhythm for an extended period of time, is not gonna get the job done for the discerning lover. However, watching someone dance, if they look good doing it, definitely can put the idea into the viewer's mind.

The couple I dated when I was poly, they are both really amazing dancers. I used to really enjoy just watching them, it was like a kind of voyeurism almost. And even if I was too shy to get up and dance with them, I felt an odd sense of pride that I was there with them.

Honestly when it comes to men, I think there is an element of attractiveness to watching a competent person do something that they are good at. Any time I'm like "hey, look at you, doing a thing well" that is points in their favor, no matter if it is dancing, making music or art, fixing or building something, cooking, whatever.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:11 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,008,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I would agree with your if you are doing both things with an audience. if you do not do both things with an audience, then it is apples to oranges.
Not really. Certain sexual movements can easily be translated into dance moves (subtly and tastefully, of course).

Old 12-10-2018, 11:29 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,324,788 times
Quote:

Mostly because a good dancer can still be a selfish lover, and "good in bed" is very subjective because people don't all like the same things. Just being able to um...do that..."Time Warp" move...with proper rhythm for an extended period of time, is not gonna get the job done for the discerning lover. However, watching someone dance, if they look good doing it, definitely can put the idea into the viewer's mind.

The couple I dated when I was poly, they are both really amazing dancers. I used to really enjoy just watching them, it was like a kind of voyeurism almost. And even if I was too shy to get up and dance with them, I felt an odd sense of pride that I was there with them.

Honestly when it comes to men, I think there is an element of attractiveness to watching a competent person do something that they are good at. Any time I'm like "hey, look at you, doing a thing well" that is points in their favor, no matter if it is dancing, making music or art, fixing or building something, cooking, whatever.
If it is all showy and a bunch of complicated moves like watching a production, that could be a sign of a selfish lover, not necessarily is, but I think it could be (I heard someone say that before and I read something to that effect. Not necessarily true)

A person who stays with the rhythm and keeps it simple and yet at the same time can do something good is passable.

When it comes to dancing with a partner, as a man, I tend to focus a little more on the woman and do what I can to make sure she has a good experience. I try not to be all showy and try to do the moves I see in the music videos, it's not practical when I do it. Other people make it work.

I think when it comes to dancing, if you are going to dance, find what works for you.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:31 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,324,788 times
Quote:
You're overthinking it.

I don't mean specific (or any) moves; just having a natural rhythm and letting things flow from there.
^^^YES!!!^^^

That's what is needed to be a good dancer. A lot of those choreographed dance moves (for instance, background dancers) are not practical to do in a club. You try that stuff in the club, you might get a few assault charges and restraining orders. LOL!!!

Old 12-10-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Not really. Certain sexual movements can easily be translated into dance moves (subtly and tastefully, of course).
Not in front of an audience - at least not for some people.

Although grinding - this is pretty true, however I do not consider that dancing no matter what young people may claim.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
^^^YES!!!^^^

That's what is needed to be a good dancer. A lot of those choreographed dance moves (for instance, background dancers) are not practical to do in a club. You try that stuff in the club, you might get a few assault charges and restraining orders. LOL!!!
Now there was a place I knew how to dance (mosh pit).

Slam dancing does not go well with a partner who was nearly a professional dancer .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships