Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 10:10 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times

Advertisements

I want a women who has her own opinion and is her own person..

Im looking for a PARTNER not a child i have to lead around and tell what to do and when to do it..

Its draining doing all the work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 05:41 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
I love a submissive woman but at the same time, she has to have her own mind. What I mean is that she must respect my role as head of the home and not buck up against me 24-7, that's a big turnoff.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:20 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
I love a submissive woman but at the same time, she has to have her own mind. What I mean is that she must respect my role as head of the home and not buck up against me 24-7, that's a big turnoff.
In other words, you want the benefits of being in charge, but not the burdens. A self-maintaining toaster.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:23 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
In other words, you want the benefits of being in charge, but not the burdens.
That's it - concise and to the point.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:28 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,416,855 times
I go for a more submissive type myself.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:57 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
I think it works best if the man "IS" the head of the house.

However, it wouldn't mean much if his lady is saying, "Go make this decision!!"

There has to be a balance.

I have seen dominant women marry submissive men so they have the control and say in the family. Then I have seen them divorce because it gets old and the woman gets sick of wearing the balls.

On the other hand I have seen men dominate their woman to the point of yelling at their wife cause there is a sticky spot on the table when he is trying to write something on a piece of paper and their arm sticking.

Men should stand up and take an active role in the decision making. He also should take into consideration his wife's thoughts on matters before finalizing his decision.

However, women should allow their man to be the man. Don't try and take away his role in this regard. You want him to be the protector and provider. Allow him to make a decision and then stick by his side when he does.

What you do in your bedroom is your business. Just keep the door closed.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:32 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
calicali01 wrote:
Quote:
Yea, exactly and so I hear that many powerful men are actually submissive behind closed doors.
I saw a strange documentary about Hitler quite awhile ago and apparently he engaged in some rather extreme sexual behavior with his niece that seems to fall into this category. There's a lot of controversy about it and no definitive proof but his niece eventually committed suicide.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:36 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,822 times
I do not like submissive women... I prefer a supportive woman!!!

Personally I think only insecure men like submissive women but that's just my opinion.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:17 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
I want an equal partner in life and the bedroom. I do want a woman to tell me what she likes and wants and I will do my very best to please her. But i dont want a boss who gives orders. Unless it's Seeniorita. Then i would be like "Yes Maam! Anything else Maam?"

Old 12-10-2010, 06:54 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
A woman can be submissive, yet supportive, which is the kind of woman I want. As long as he's leading in a way that benefits the whole family, I don't see what issue women would take in that aspect.

Quote:
In other words, you want the benefits of being in charge, but not the burdens. A self-maintaining toaster.
-I don't mind taking on the burdens, as that's what makes a leader; how he does in the bad times.

Quote:
I think it works best if the man "IS" the head of the house.

However, it wouldn't mean much if his lady is saying, "Go make this decision!!"

There has to be a balance.

I have seen dominant women marry submissive men so they have the control and say in the family. Then I have seen them divorce because it gets old and the woman gets sick of wearing the balls.

On the other hand I have seen men dominate their woman to the point of yelling at their wife cause there is a sticky spot on the table when he is trying to write something on a piece of paper and their arm sticking.

Men should stand up and take an active role in the decision making. He also should take into consideration his wife's thoughts on matters before finalizing his decision.

However, women should allow their man to be the man. Don't try and take away his role in this regard. You want him to be the protector and provider. Allow him to make a decision and then stick by his side when he does.

What you do in your bedroom is your business. Just keep the door closed.
Excellento
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships