U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Would you want to be with a shorter or taller man/woman?
Women 5' 4" and under: Are you comfortable with a guy over 6 foot? 11 39.29%
Women over 6 foot: Are you comfortable with a guy under 6 foot? 2 7.14%
Men 6 foot and over: Are you comfortable with a woman over 6 foot? 9 32.14%
Men 5' 3" to 6': Are you comfortable with a woman taller than you? 5 17.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 09:47 AM

47 posts, read 115,100 times
Hi All,
This is quite the thread!! Made me laugh and am truly considering writing a book on this...really!!

I am a female 6'-1. Tall and short men have been intimidated by me. I am a humble yet strong woman. I know who I am and you would think a secure man would love that.!!!??? Go figure!!

I hope the best for all here. For those who have found your short and tall spouses...keep hugging!! For those who are looking for that perfect fit...keep hoping, it'll come!!

peace,
Optimum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 11:35 AM

131 posts, read 265,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
Would you date someone like Dudley Moore?
Well if he was 40 years younger why not haha. I usually look for the whole package, I want to be attracted to a person's looks and his personality. And when I say looks it doesn't mean he has to be handsome, just some attraction will do. The problem is the guys that I like are not attracted to me and the ones who like me, well I'm not attracted to them. I think its a common dilemma among single men and women.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:10 PM

3,554 posts, read 6,347,966 times
I am a 6' male. In my single years I dated a 6'3" woman and a 4'8" woman. The tall woman impressed me because she refused to take off her shoes to slow dance with me. I had to accept the package the way it was. With both women on the edges of the range of heights there weren't really problems in the physical expression of affection. The taller woman thought she could pin me wrestling when I was lying down and she got me in a hammer lock. She also thought she could beat me in a foot race. Although she was a college athlete, those were two miscalculations. I had a thirty or fourty pound weight advantage. If I consider all the women I dated, I think I gravitated to those on the high end of the scale, i.e. 5'7" and above. Just my personal preference, I guess.

Billy Carter, Henry Kissinger, Prince Ranier, and Tom Cruise all married women taller than themselves. It takes a male secure in his manhood.

Finally, I married a woman who is 5'4". I consider her kinda short. Now my daughter is exactly 1/4'' shorter than me and she loves to wear high heels. One of her swains was a 6'9" division 1 forward. He was big.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:27 PM

55,281 posts, read 11,618,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
Hi All,
This is quite the thread!! Made me laugh and am truly considering writing a book on this...really!!

I am a female 6'-1. Tall and short men have been intimidated by me. I am a humble yet strong woman. I know who I am and you would think a secure man would love that.!!!??? Go figure!!

I hope the best for all here. For those who have found your short and tall spouses...keep hugging!! For those who are looking for that perfect fit...keep hoping, it'll come!!

peace,
Optimum
Woo hoo! You should YOU sHOULD! let us know.maybe write something here,Oh I know I should have a vote!

Old 07-20-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Woo hoo! You should YOU sHOULD! let us know.maybe write something here,Oh I know I should start a vote!
This would help

Old 07-20-2007, 08:17 PM

I apologize for not being clear about the Poll. I'd like to delete it then clarify,I know it didn't make sense.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:26 PM

188 posts, read 90,884 times
I am 6 feet. My pet gold fish is also 6 feet.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:31 PM

Is your pet gold fish in shape too! lol!

Old 07-21-2007, 12:04 AM

131 posts, read 265,404 times
Quote:
Is your pet gold fish in shape too! lol!
LMAO If his gold fish is in shape too, I WANT TO DATE THAT GOLD FISH hahaha.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:12 PM

5,601 posts, read 12,184,624 times
<Poll options have been changed ...everybody please vote again>

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships