U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2010, 05:46 PM

9,398 posts, read 12,442,555 times

Advertisements

It's never really felt good to me when I've done it though. I feel rather self-conscious when I do it, feel like an idiot. Pretty much the opposite of 'good' lol.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 06:05 PM

2,321 posts, read 4,943,069 times
I noticed women are way more into dancing than men are myself, however I'm the exception to the rule. I don't mind dancing, as a matter of fact, I LOVE IT! Like Max's Mama said, I feel very liberated, like I'm getting all the negative out my body. I also like the feeling of getting peoples attention (especially women). I'm not the best dancer but I have some rhythm and I like that when I'm dancing in the club and other people see me doing so and having fun, they'll join me and have fun too.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
It's never really felt good to me when I've done it though. I feel rather self-conscious when I do it, feel like an idiot. Pretty much the opposite of 'good' lol.
Don't worry man, just try and get some rhythm and have fun. You have to think of it like this-if you go out and dance most people are there to have fun, some or drunk and aren't really paying too much attention and most of all, you'll probably never see most of these people again anyway. You don't have to be a dance master, just have fun.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:14 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,289,159 times
women like social and emotional things more then men. Dancing is social and expressive. There are plenty of men that like to dance too, there's just a stigma about it not being manly (unless your grinding on girls at the club).

Old 12-10-2010, 06:15 PM

9,444 posts, read 14,241,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I noticed women are way more into dancing than men are myself, however I'm the exception to the rule. I don't mind dancing, as a matter of fact, I LOVE IT! Like Max's Mama said, I feel very liberated, like I'm getting all the negative out my body. I also like the feeling of getting peoples attention (especially women). I'm not the best dancer but I have some rhythm and I like that when I'm dancing in the club and other people see me doing so and having fun, they'll join me and have fun too.

^^^ That.

I'm usually one of the first people on the dance floor and the last one too.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
^^^ That.

I'm usually one of the first people on the dance floor and the last one too.
If we lived close to each other we should totally be dance partners. I'm one of those people that will start the dancing off in a club/party if no one is dancing yet and I'll usually be one of the last ones dancing as well. i guess I like to get everyone to open up.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:30 PM

9,444 posts, read 14,241,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
If we lived close to each other we should totally be dance partners. I'm one of those people that will start the dancing off in a club/party if no one is dancing yet and I'll usually be one of the last ones dancing as well. i guess I like to get everyone to open up.
I just really like having a good time. I don't go out dancing very often, so when I do, nothing can stop me from dancing (except for bad music). I hate to admit though, having all eyes on me can be a huge rush.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:40 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,969,704 times
Because women are more sexy dancing and more beautiful.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:01 PM

3,487 posts, read 5,749,601 times
Because dancing is a good way to be an exhibitionist (vanity, all eyes on ME!) while getting an endorphin high. And to ward off nasty guys by pretending to be very busy dancing.

I always make a rush for the go-go box.

Think of it this way - why do gay guys like to dance?

Old 12-10-2010, 11:26 PM

9,250 posts, read 15,188,825 times
I just started doing contra dancing about a month ago and I love it and apparently a lot of men do too, b/c some weeks there are more men than women. Maybe they think barn dancing is more manly? LOL. Anyway, I love it b/c I love moving to music and also b/c it brings me out of my shell--I tend to be kind of shy, but when I'm dancing I'm downright vivacious. I'll like it even better when I don't feel like such a putz when I get mixed up and go the wrong way and when people don't have to push me back into place any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships