Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 07:15 PM

362 posts, read 392,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezetron View Post
Ok, im curious about other peoples stance on this. Since I was boy, I already had a so called "laundry list" of things that I refused to compromise on when finding a lady in my life. Over the years, this list has changed, modified or been cemented even further in my personal belief and desires for a relationship as I got older, experienced relationships and met woman.

Now being 30, I have certain things that NO MATTER how nice, awesome, beautiful or rich any woman is, if she falls into any of these listings, I have no interest in her. Zip, zero, nada. My mind has already mentally moved, I will spare no second thought on them. Could be things that I found out from first seeing her in person to after a first or second date. Either way, she will not be part of my life in a relationship.

1. Smoker Tried once with a girl years ago. Never, ever, EVER again!

2. Drug User Self explanatory

3. Heavy drinker Another "duh"

4. Body piercings and excessive tattoos. Go find someone else who will enjoy your mutilated body, I want nothing to do with it, its totally gross. Small tats with meaning I will overlook with the right woman.

5. Atheist/Muslim/Jewish/Mormon/Fundamental christian. I was raised and follow basic Lutheran/christian beliefs which I have a liberal belief and outlook on. It will not work beyond that. Period.

6. Blondes Not attracted to em, at all. Period. Black and burnette or a mix.....mmmmm sexy. Dirty or fake highlighted blondes i'll overlook. Pamela Anderson pure blonde? Hell no.

7. Excessive overweight I'm no male model myself but Im a man. My genes and hormones are hardwired to be attracted to a decent female body shape. It's biological, I can't fight it. I don't care how nice and sweet you are, overly fat isn't attractive. Tried it for 5 years with ex, doesnt' work. End of story.

8. Excessive skinnyness Don't care how much the "popular" world wants you to be thin, I am personally not attracted to holocaust survivor bodies. I actually prefer woman with some extra meat on them, its sexy, but not excessive as stated in #7

9. Wants children I am pretty settled with my decision to not bring children into this ever changing world. I don't feel I have what it would take to be a good father I saw the dedication and sacrifices my folks did for me and my sister and I feel I just can't do the same. I refuse to chance to be a poor father and have a child suffer as a result. To many of those in the world already, I won't add to it.

10. Paris Hilton/Snookie/Kim Kardashian personality and needs. Get the hell away from me!!!!

Call me shallow, narrow minded or just a plain jerk if you want. But I know my needs and my desires and life is to short to be paired with someone who has any of the following traits that I simply cannot and will not loosen up on for my own reasons and beliefs. If this list results in me being lonely till the day I die, so be it. Being single has its bonuses.

Anyone else have deal breaker standards?
Any woman who wants me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 07:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeepoRsheep View Post
Any woman who wants me.
Here's somebody with reasonable expectations!

Old 12-10-2010, 07:56 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Deal-breakers...anyone with a loooong list of deal-breakers. That just smells of high maintenance.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:00 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Smoking is a deal-breaker for me too. I try not to let one thing override everything but it's a severe migraine trigger for me and I have a very sensitive sense of smell, so I really could not live with someone who smoked.

Racist/homophobic/etc. too. Sorry but I just can't roll with people who think that way.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:05 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
It is really about how someone makes me feel...there is not a set formula...it just happens or it doesn't. Also, I am blonde too and proud of it...born dark golden blonde with curly hair that hits the middle of my back, and I have never felt like it was a liablility...I still don't. A guy who has a long list of requirements wouldn't meet mine anyway...I need a guy who is easygoing. His hair color or even whether he has hair or not is not a big issue. I am not that shallow.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:08 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
It is really about how someone makes me feel...there is not a set formula...it just happens or it doesn't. Also, I am blonde too and proud of it...born dark golden blonde with curly hair that hits the middle of my back, and I have never felt like it was a liablility...I still don't. A guy who has a long list of requirements wouldn't meet mine anyway...I need a guy who is easygoing. His hair color or even whether he has hair or not is not a big issue. I am not that shallow.
Sweetheart, anyone that would reject you for something so beautiful is an idiot. Who cares about a hair color??? Anyway, it's not about color, it's about quality.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:09 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand68 View Post
deal-breakers...anyone with a loooong list of deal-breakers. That just smells of high maintenance.
+1 yep!

Old 12-10-2010, 08:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Deal-breakers...anyone with a loooong list of deal-breakers.
Exactly! I've noticed on the forum I never do like the people with those laundry lists, so it's a moot point really. We have mutual understanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
...born dark golden blonde with curly hair that hits the middle of my back, and I have never felt like it was a liablility
Why the heck would it be a liability? Sounds beautiful! Oh, because the OP mentioned that...?! Big effing deal!

Old 12-10-2010, 08:17 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

Why the heck would it be a liability? Sounds beautiful! Oh, because the OP mentioned that...?! Big effing deal!
Seriously! I'm not "Pam Anderson blonde", but I am not apologizing for my blondeness to anyone. If someone likes it, hey, that's great. If they judge me because of it, "Buh bye, now". Simply not one's preference? No sweat off my back.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:17 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Sweetheart, anyone that would reject you for something so beautiful is an idiot. Who cares about a hair color??? Anyway, it's not about color, it's about quality.
Thanks MM...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships