Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 11:00 PM

153 posts, read 273,460 times

Advertisements

I am dating this great girl for a couple months already and I am running out of things to talk about when we go out to dinner or drive somewhere that takes awhile to get to. How do you keep on finding interesting topics to talk about? My work is pretty boring, and if I start talking about technicals I use for trading stocks and bonds it will be way over her head. I did on our first few dates and she said that is very interesting and complicated to understand. I have no idea on what you are talking about. But it sounds interesting.

Looking for ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 11:05 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Its a fair enough thread. I have had the same problems in the past, as most of my interests are shared by other males and not usually females.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:08 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,610,392 times
Quit talking about yourself, give her a chance to talk. The simple question "how was your day?" is usually enough to get a woman talking all night.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
is usually enough to get a woman talking all night.
Two way street

I don't think anyone wants to listen to that man or woman

A balance should be the aim

Old 12-12-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Quit talking about yourself, give her a chance to talk. The simple question "how was your day?" is usually enough to get a woman talking all night.
I always do that, but if we're like driving 30 minutes away, it's not enough to get her talking off a storm. She's not like that.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:05 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,376 times
Do some interesting things together. You can build memories/commonalities.

If you really have no common interests or activities then maybe your just too much not in common. Do you tend to have trouble thinking of things to say with most people? or just her?

Old 12-13-2010, 01:28 AM

Most of our dates have been activities. I've stayed out of NYC for the most part as when you do anything, it's mucho bucks. I don't think so. I mean, I try to keep our convo's short on the phone, but when we were speaking on Wednesday for plans on the weekend, our convo's lasted like 45 mins. So it's not like we had nothing to talk about. However, I am still watching what I am saying and initiating mostly everything. I know she's still interested in me as when she she already has plans, she tells me what she's doing and immediately suggests another day would work. And no, I did not ask, she told me the info on her own. I run into this a lot with all the women I date. It's not like we do not have things in common. We like the same things, our values are the same, we get along great, and we're always laughing and smiling. We've never had a time where there was silence. I think fast on my feet, so when we get through the first topic, I already have the next one loaded and ready. After a while of talking and dating, this will be our 8th date, we pretty much know all about each other already. Since she has no siblings, can't really talk about that. And how many times can you talk about Christmas? Though, she seems to go Christmas shopping a lot.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:17 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,342,183 times
Family Guy quotes does it for me.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intluser View Post
And how many times can you talk about Christmas? Though, she seems to go Christmas shopping a lot.
She's buying for all her other boyfriends on the side

Old 12-13-2010, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
She's buying for all her other boyfriends on the side
Highly Doubtful nor funny to even suggest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships