U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 07:48 PM

1,569 posts, read 936,231 times
Default a question for black women?

so i live in an area that is only about 25% white. I myself am white and single. most of my dating is threw online dating sites and about 50% of my dates are Hispanic women due to the demographics of my area. I often here many Hispanic women in my area say that they prefer white men over Hispanic men as well as many of the women on the dating sites openly say that they are looking for a white man. To add to this many of my white friends say the prefer Hispanic women over white women

on the other hand most of the black women I have ever had the conversation with say they are not opposed to interracial dating but are just simply not into most white men. I see many of the black women on the dating sites only list black or Latino men as possible matches. where as about half of the black guys I have been friends with or played ball with in college flat out say they prefer white women over black women.

my question is why are so many black women not into white guys

Old 12-19-2010, 07:49 PM

3,427 posts, read 2,960,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
so i live in an area that is only about 25% white. I myself am white and single. most of my dating is threw online dating sites and about 50% of my dates are Hispanic women due to the demographics of my area. I often here many Hispanic women in my area say that they prefer white men over Hispanic men as well as many of the women on the dating sites openly say that they are looking for a white man. To add to this many of my white friends say the prefer Hispanic women over white women

on the other hand most of the black women I have ever had the conversation with say they are not opposed to interracial dating but are just simply not into most white men. I see many of the black women on the dating sites only list black or Latino men as possible matches. where as about half of the black guys I have been friends with or played ball with in college flat out say they prefer white women over black women.

Black women more so than black men are more traditional, therefore sticking mainly with their own race.

However, these days you do see more black women dating white guys but black men are more likely to date outside of their race than black women.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:56 PM

3,511 posts, read 2,172,639 times
Quote:

They don't like MOST white guys music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUbGL...layer_embedded

Old 12-19-2010, 08:00 PM

7,373 posts, read 6,602,178 times
Quote:

Most people tend to gravitate towards their own race, especially if they have options. All races do it, perhaps it's a drive towards ethnic survival, no idea. People only question "why" when they aren't getting something that they want. Most white men only list white or maybe sometimes Asian on dating sites... I don't get bent out of shape about it because I'm excluded. That's life, not everybody is going to like you.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Most people tend to gravitate towards their own race, especially if they have options. All races do it, perhaps it's a drive towards ethnic survival, no idea. People only question "why" when they aren't getting something that they want. Most white men only list white or maybe sometimes Asian on dating sites... I don't get bent out of shape about it because I'm excluded. That's life, not everybody is going to like you.
That's right! Also, just because we don't want to take you out doesn't mean we don't want to be your friend. That's a big difference.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:07 PM

23,210 posts, read 16,801,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I agree, in general people tend to gravitate towards people that look like themselves.

It isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'm sure supply and demand will also kick in as some point.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:08 PM

1,569 posts, read 936,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post

awesome video................when pete does the power slide as roger screams it makes you take a step back and go holly #%@ now that's a rock band.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:11 PM

8,736 posts, read 5,825,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post

lmao

Old 12-19-2010, 08:14 PM

7,373 posts, read 6,602,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree, in general people tend to gravitate towards people that look like themselves.

It isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'm sure supply and demand will also kick in as some point.
Yes. Options - wait, I actually mean the lack of options - changes everything.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
awesome video................when pete does the power slide as roger screams it makes you take a step back and go holly #%@ now that's a rock band.
I just wish I had that Les Paul he smashed in it. I bet he still does too NOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships