Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 01:56 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times

Advertisements

The way things are going in America the future for most Americans is accepting lower wages to compete with outsourcing and the global economy.

Pretty soon Americans will be the ones living a more humble lifestyle compared to those in India and China.

The new reality is those in developing countries will rise in lifestyle while America lowers to the point all are on a more level wage scale.

Unless you are lucky enough to find a top paying career that can't be moved to another country or to marry into the top 5% that control the market haha.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 01:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
The new reality is those in developing countries will rise in lifestyle while America lowers to the point all are on a more level wage scale.
Tell me about it! How do I always manage to jump on the wrong train at the wrong time?!

Old 12-20-2010, 02:07 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Fact of life #309473: Money matters.
Only if you're interested in what it can buy. Once you get beyond that, there's really no need to chase after it.

Most of your time will be spent either preparing to earn it (thanks, public educational system!), actually earning it, trying to invest it or trying to protect it. What a waste.

I think SloMoApo has the right idea.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:14 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,837,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I once read on a guitar forum a guy saying how he had this killer job and he had so much spending money that he had all these nice guitars but because he had to put in so much time to make that killer money he had no time to actually play those guitars. That doesn't make sense to me. Sort of like having a hot wife but too tired to have sex

Sure I understand wanting nice things and I know the stress of being financially depressed. But once you have money, you then then long for time.
I remember overhearing the owner of a local gym telling someone that he thought it would be great to have his own gym but he spends so much time running the business he doesn't have time to work out.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:17 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
I'm a very good looking guy who just happens to make about 17k a year. Always been single. There ya go.
Because you're 'very good looking,' you think the only reason women aren't flocking to you is because you have no money?

Some self reflection is in order here.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:27 PM

1,715 posts, read 2,837,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Because you're 'very good looking,' you think the only reason women aren't flocking to you is because you have no money?

Some self reflection is in order here.
No personality either.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:57 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
I'm a very good looking guy who just happens to make about 17k a year. Always been single. There ya go.
A guy will be interested in a woman he see`s maybe out working in the mall or as a cashier at the store, and would date her and have a relationship with her. But turn that around and have a woman out and see a guy working in these jobs, and he makes eyes at her. The first thing she would say is " Ooohh Paaleeeeease".

Last edited by RcHydro; 12-20-2010 at 03:10 PM..

Old 12-20-2010, 05:10 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
To obtuse and shallow women, it matters. A real woman could give one damn about money. Give a real woman love over money any day of the week. End of story. And if all you care about are "hot golddiggers," do some serious self-examination. Find a pretty women who loves you for who you are, listens to you and has something in common with you.
Exactly.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:34 PM

1,960 posts, read 4,663,838 times
Guess I'm hosed. I make enough money to sustain myself. But I have no intention on getting married again "kevlar-vest-open". The next one who comes close to the proposition of life partnership will have to accept a prenup or no marriage license in the first place, precisely to avoid the idea that I'm supposed to subsidize a woman's livelihood in any way, or as bartering chip or exchange for her sexual and life company. Eff that. That's some 20th century anachronistic female perception of the social marketing value of what she has between the legs. Y'all better drop that one 'cuz that gig is dead.

A woman who scoffs at a prenup is a woman that shows her true motivations for partnership. You want something? work for it on your own, don't try to pawn off sex and companionship as just and righteous exchange for benefiting (even marginally) from a spouse's income and purchasing power. I'm not going to buy a prostitute, I can rent those.

The proposition of life companionship in my book is about 3 fundamental tenants: Commitment (time and loyalty), Companionship (physical and emotional), and Sacrifice (through Good Works). The material and economic guarantee or the attainment of a material standard of living is not something I explicitly nor implicitly promise nor offer as a function of life companionship. Clearly, secular American women aren't too cool with that. They just don't like being called out on it. But I didn't pull the former three out out of my rear. That comes out the very scripted vows thousands of women espouse every day in expensive church ceremonies all across this Country. Like parrots, repeating what the world wants to hear, while never actually internalizing a single syllable of that spiel. S.C.A.R.Y.

I'm at peace remaining single for the rest of my days if I can't find an attractive woman willing to follow me down the road I preach of. I rather be single than yoked to somebody who won't blink to eject the second our life condition causes her the smallest economic and material discomfort (my exwife comes to mind). Hedonism is not a virtue in my book, but a trademark of our social deficit. It's not looking good for the home team, but I'm still hopeful I'll find my statistial outlier

Old 12-20-2010, 07:43 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Introvertere View Post
Everyone has their priorities.

Shallow women put money at the top of their list.

Shallow men put having a woman with a hot bod at the top of theirs.

^^this^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships