U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-31-2010, 12:38 PM

2,795 posts, read 1,825,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Actually, what would really be nice is if your posts made sense
I think it would be nice if housewives could understand us, just love us, and just be with us.

Is it wrong to want that on a short-term basis while in between housewife's?
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 09:49 PM

Here is an example of a housewife who could be a candidate for honest wife dot com. I think we should be able to confide in the sincerity of a housewife; to at least, practice better forms of contraception, especially if she is not in it for a world record. What do you think?

Quote:
A mother of twins got pregnant after she slept with both her husband and a lover, separately, in a short time span. The doctor who conducted the DNA tests that determined the rare paternity said it is only the seventh such case in the world.

Source: Polish Twins Different Fathers - Seventh Such Case Around The World

Old 01-01-2011, 04:20 PM

Can we really trust a housewife with extra marital flings, if she doesn't get her girl friends involved?

Old 01-01-2011, 04:26 PM

18,243 posts, read 15,702,316 times
Again, you make no sense, on so many different levels.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:27 PM

22,309 posts, read 17,079,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I picked up a lot of slack for working people while being a SAHM. Maybe not a whole lot for any one person but a little bit for a lot of people. That's something that most people don't see because they none of them are getting the whole picture. It's amazing what goes on outside the working world

But I'm not going to lie, I had plenty of time for myself too. I made a couple friends, spent more time with my retired parents and in-laws, and became involved in things I never would have if I was working full time. I feel like I traded office politics and money for less family stress and for me it was worth it. Maybe if I'd had a "career" rather than a "job" that I didn't particularly like I would have done things differently.

I dont' see the arguement here or the need to debate either. But then, I never understood the idea that "working" was required to be a complete person anyway. To me it's always been about the money, and if you can get by and be happy without it what's the problem?
Working is required to complete some of us. Personally, I'm just glad to have been born in a time when we have a choice. It is because they've taken the work out of housework and we now control our fertility that we have one. I would not have wanted to work as hard as my grandmother did. Back in her day, staying home was a full time job and a half. My grandfather was the one who had it easy.

I think career vs. job makes a difference. I had a job while raising my step sons. I quit to go to school. I had a career while raising my girls and felt no desire to quit.

There shouldn't be a need to debate but there is no shortage of people who try to claim that staying home is for the kids (implying the kids of working parents arne't getting something), a higher calling or a better form of motherhood. It is none of the above. It's irrelevent.

Finances aside, it just doesn't matter whether or not we work. It's really an irrelevent choice except for how it impacts your bottom line. My family has a higher quality of life if I work so I work. What I don't want is that looked down upon. I can show that my family is better off because I work. I know that what I do matters.

Old 01-01-2011, 05:28 PM

22,309 posts, read 17,079,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It's best to ignore trolls....If you feed them they stick around...

Old 01-01-2011, 05:29 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,696,992 times
My wife chose to stay at home this past year...we didn't need her income and she thought she would enjoy it. Hated it. Got bored. Now looking to go back into the work force.

It's tough duty...and not for all. I respect those who love it!

Old 01-01-2011, 06:00 PM

1,817 posts, read 3,804,806 times
I worked early in the marriage even when the kids were small. I LOVED working. I was injured and could no longer do my job. It's been a long time since I have worked steady out of the home and I miss it so much!

Old 01-01-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Why so, on so many levels?

Old 01-01-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
It's best to ignore trolls....If you feed them they stick around...
Some of us have a point an a valid argument. Only trolls don't have either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships