Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 06:47 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,301,034 times

Advertisements

I was offended and I am 6 foot tall.

Seriously, you should remove the thought that short people are this or that, because its not true. Date whomever respects you, as a women; short or tall.

Good luck!

Old 12-24-2010, 06:59 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,450,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catiria View Post
Every short man I've come across is so bitter. I've dated some in the past that come off as really confident and they were hot, but then their complexes shined through after a few dates. Has it been proven that shorter men automatically have Napoleon Complexes? I don't want to be mean, but after my experiences, I don't think I'd date a short man again. I am 5'3 by the way and am not a BBW or ugly looking. I'd give myself a 7-8 on the scale of looks.
5'3"? Come here. Stand right beside my chair. I need some place to sit my beer. Great! You have a flat head too! Perfect!

Old 12-24-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
uhh...last time I checked neither Martin Luther King Jr (5'6) or Gandhi (5'3) were "bitter", nor did Prince (5'2) ever have much trouble with ladies who would be rated allot higher than you would be.
Prince? And "ladies?" Are you sure? he always seemed a little Liberace to me.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:23 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,552,423 times
Quote:
Well Julia you cracked quite a few short jokes in this thread. Did you not think those same "readers" would not be offended, even if it was sarcasm?
Short jokes have been around for centuries, jokes leveled at any segment of society whether they relate to physiological traits, psychological traits or ethnicity likewise and only the very insecure tend to take umbrage. Heck, I often get "old people" jokes thrown at me and they bother me not one whit and I laugh along with them.

As far as "short jokes" are concerned, there's ample fodder to test them out here on this forum when there's invariably one thread or another actively operating on the subject. Many of them are from short men who blame everything that goes wrong in their lives because of their short stature, failing to realize that their social ineptness has far less to do with their stature than their generally miserable outlook on life in general.

I used to be over 5'6" tall (age has reduced my stature by an inch or so!) but I often dated (and fell in love with) men shorter than I simply because their personalities were awesome. Yes, I've met several of those miserable shorties, as I've met many miserable "tallies". You made a sweeping generalization which, as I said, prompted many to simply disagree with you. No point beating a dead horse!

Old 12-24-2010, 07:47 AM

6,402 posts, read 8,949,362 times
Quote:
Every short man I've come across is so bitter. I've dated some in the past that come off as really confident and they were hot, but then their complexes shined through after a few dates. Has it been proven that shorter men automatically have Napoleon Complexes? I don't want to be mean, but after my experiences, I don't think I'd date a short man again. I am 5'3 by the way and am not a BBW or ugly looking. I'd give myself a 7-8 on the scale of looks.
Maybe they're tired of their height being critiqued?

Old 12-24-2010, 07:50 AM

15 posts, read 27,989 times
I get what you're saying STT, but then why are race jokes and weight jokes not acceptable, but then short jokes are? I will admit that I have cracked all kinds of jokes (including short ones) on men who weren't much taller than me, but since they were shorter than average they took it to offense. I would only make short jokes if I were attacked first. I used to get a lot of jokes about my big butt. When I was younger I couldn't stand it.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:56 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,082,726 times
Its you. My best friend is around 5'6, considered short for a guy, and he is probably the best person I know. Confident, smart, has will power, and has dated NBA cheerleaders.

Old 12-24-2010, 07:56 AM

I don't view "Big butt's" as a bad thing...I am a big fan.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:00 AM

End result, beauty is the eye of the beholder; short, tall, black, white, fat, thin, blah blah. Zeroing in on key items will only short change yourself in the end.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
I don't view "Big butt's" as a bad thing...I am a big fan.
Me too! Snuggle that big,beautiful thang up against ya on a cold,winters night!! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships