U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:38 PM

13 posts, read 50,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
While there are certainly areas in which there more individuals of one gender than the other the Census Bureau, which is the most reliable source of information regarding population in America indicates that the numbers overall are about equal although women do tend to live a little longer than men. There's really not a situation anywhere where the slight differences in the population of men versus women could be referred to as a shortage.
Remember this fact: There are 106 male births to every 100 female births resulting in around 12 million extra single men in the young reproductive age group in the US. That's just from birth patterns, doesn't include immigrants.

Don't buy into the aggregate number nonsense, women live longer than men so if you cut across age groups and total numbers you actually end up with more women than men. Problem is most of those extra women are in the geriatric category. There are 2 women to every 1 man in the 80 and above category. Wow, can't wait to date a hot 80 year old! Go get em boys! As I pointed out before there are 160 available single men to 100 available single women in the young reproductive age group. in actual number the ratio isn't that extreme of course, it's because women marry men an average of 5 years older so you get many men in older age groups snapping up women in the younger age categories. So the real crunch for men is in the 20 something group, there you gotta compete big time because there are so many men after the same women.

Other factors to consider are:

Immigration (in the US most young single immigrants are single men), note the picture posted by Gilgamesh appear to be men of middle east or african origin, a fair number are probably from Eastern Europe or other countries. I guarantee many of these men are emigrants coming to america to date Western women who they believe put out more than women in their own country. How come we don't see bars filled with a bunch of hot foreign ladies looking for american men to date? I have, on rare occasions met women like that but it's usually some foreign dude.

Women often get pregnant and become single mothers, pregnancy and child care take a lot of young women out of the dating scene, the deadbeats who got them pregnant often take off and are out catting around for more women to impregnate while the women are at home taking care of the babies. A lot of the women that are available seem to find these douchebags more attractive than guys who don't want to be serial sires.
For me, once a girl has got a kid, I'm no longer interested. Sorry but I'm not instant dad. If you don't mind being daddy so some deadbeats kid that's fine, more power to you but for guys who want young childless women the prospects are cut down even further.

Increasing lebianism. You've all seen the headlines and watched the talk shows: Lesbian chic; Lesbianism is epidemic in america; etc... I saw a Reuters article that discovered that 15% of young women today identify as being lesbian or bisexual. A HUGE jump from a 2% ratio 20 years ago. Seems like talk shows, movies, TV shows all have to feature lesbians. A lot of women are being influenced at a very young age into considering homosexuality as an option, especially if you want to get back at scumbag men who've done you wrong. Homosexuality has NOT increased in men, it's the same percentage it was 20 years ago. Apparantly men are not influenced into the homosexual chic stuff in the media. It's mostly focused on women but there is a fair amount of male homosexuality in the media also, still I think men are gay by nature and not influenced by a media that makes it chic or revenge against the opposite gender. Anecdotally, where I live it's not unusual to see more lesbians out in the nightclubs than single straight women. I kid you not, you can drive around in the evenings for hours and see zero single straight women but a fair number of young (often hot looking) lesbians walking around hand in hand or making out. It's bad enough to see nothing but single men and no women. Talk about insult on top of injury.

Type in gender based abortion in India, china, Korea you'll find out that the last 15 or 20 years or so asian countries have been aborting and murdering female babies, they've created a huge gender imbalance even greater than the normal one. These men won't be able to find wives in their own countries. I work in the legal field and often see immigration applications, 95% of these apps are single men and the numbers go up every year. This is just the beginning. Expect to see more of these men coming to the West to try to find wives. Things aren't going to get any better fellas.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:40 PM

86 posts, read 358,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
I wonder how much of a change there has really been in D.C. I lived in the area from 1984 to 2007, and there always seemed to be more men than women on the Metro, in clubs and bars, and out and about. My sister noticed it when she came to visit in 1989. She couldn't believe the number of men in the bars. She actually thought Sign of the Whale on M Street was a gay bar when we first walked in.

I'm guessing that it's because of the high concentration of military bases in the area and the tech corridor.

I grew up in NYC and there was more of a shortage of men. But recently I moved to the DC area and noticed how their is actually a woman shortage... which in face is a good thing for me

Old 05-13-2011, 10:49 AM

18,558 posts, read 13,692,189 times
Theres always more men dying off in most age groups due to violence, war, All accidents traffic and other, and crazy male behavior too.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:33 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,404,207 times
When you're out in public maybe driving somewhere, going through the mall or anyplace where people gather you just don't see shortages of one gender or the other. It's always about the same. The only place you would probably see mostly men would be in strip clubs, Hooters, etc. if you get my drift but those are establishments that cater to men so that's what you'd expect. I'll say it again, there is no shortage of men or women, they're all over the place.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:24 PM

18,558 posts, read 13,692,189 times
Quote:
When you're out in public maybe driving somewhere, going through the mall or anyplace where people gather you just don't see shortages of one gender or the other. It's always about the same. The only place you would probably see mostly men would be in strip clubs, Hooters, etc. if you get my drift but those are establishments that cater to men so that's what you'd expect. I'll say it again, there is no shortage of men or women, they're all over the place.
Right on! Target rich environment!

If your a Woman looking for a Man hang out at the "Strip Club"

If your a Man looking for a Woman join a "Scrap" or "Knitting" group!

Old 05-13-2011, 03:53 PM

331 posts, read 717,086 times
Quote:
Not true. We are talking about young adult women.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:04 PM

2,490 posts, read 3,613,013 times
Well, women marry about 2 years younger than men do. So, I guess there would be more of a woman shortage. The CDC says, nationally, most women are married by 24 or 25 and men by 27. Although its younger in some states and later in some states.

Old 05-13-2011, 04:24 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,141,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
If your a Woman looking for a Man hang out at the "Strip Club"
Never thought of that one! I don't think I want anybody out of that cess... I mean pool, though!

Old 05-15-2011, 12:53 AM

1,410 posts, read 1,738,394 times
I took a trip to India once, and there was definitely a woman shortage there!

Old 05-15-2011, 01:43 AM

4,472 posts, read 5,129,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpointer View Post
In the late 1980's (I was in my early 20's at the time) I was living in Boca Raton, Florida, and I recall reading a newspaper article about the dating scene at retirement communities in Florida. It was highly favorable to men in those communities. One man boasted he had dates with around 100 women in one year. However, this was in retirement communities where the youngest people were around 60.

I have been unable to find a girlfriend or wife over the years, and since 1990 I have been living in the western USA, mostly in Colorado and Arizona and a couple of other western cities for a short period of time. I have usually experienced more men than women in my social circles, even in social organizations such as church groups which traditionally have had more appeal to women than men.

Could I improve my chances of finding a girlfriend and getting married if I moved to another region of the USA?
At that age whats the point most men dont have a sex drive anymore, I would go get a PhD because I would not be so horny lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or