U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 12:39 PM

2,502 posts, read 3,036,953 times

Advertisements

Idk about you, but there is a shortage of young men who want to remain permanently childfree and who are Christian. Now that's hard to find

Old 05-25-2011, 01:16 PM

331 posts, read 716,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado View Post
No, don't tell me that! I'm considering DC as a possible move. I'm trying to escape the sausage fest that is Hampton Roads, one of the biggest military bases in the country. If you want to see an enormous surplus of guys come to southeastern Virginia. What's worse, when they get out of the military they tend to settle down here, adding more to the disparity.

Go to any club or bar in Virginia Beach or Norfolk and you'll see swarms of guys, both military and non-military and some foreign military too, with only a sparse number of girls.

I pray that any place is better than here.
Uh oh. Big mistake buddy. Just check out the picture i posted a in this discussion. DC has a surplus SAUSAGE. And if you think you are escaping miltary men... think again. Since the end of the Iraq war more and more military men have moved here. We have marine barracks, walter reed and the pentagon. You've been warned.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:49 PM

4,243 posts, read 1,465,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Idk about you, but there is a shortage of young men who want to remain permanently childfree and who are Christian. Now that's hard to find
Actually I fit those requirements, but I'll admit that I'm certainly a minority in that.

I'm skeptical of that chart posted, at least for NC. What it shows about Atlanta is true from what I've seen, however.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:07 PM

2,502 posts, read 3,036,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Actually I fit those requirements, but I'll admit that I'm certainly a minority in that.

I'm skeptical of that chart posted, at least for NC. What it shows about Atlanta is true from what I've seen, however.
Ya I know.

Old 05-26-2011, 01:21 AM

645 posts, read 1,068,189 times
I went poor a number of years back, and suddenly attractive white women no longer wanted me. I was rather saddened at first, but then I discovered that attractive Hispanic women like white men too!

If there’s a shortage of men, women, or whatever you’re looking for, try lowering, revising, and reevaluating your standards. I myself waiting too long, but I still have a never-ending supply of women willing to date me. They’re not all eyesores, but I’ve greatly reduced and revised my standards and priorities, as I’ve gotten older, and there have always been women there to fill that gap. Granted they’re sometimes ten years older or twenty-five years younger, but they’re out there.

Old 05-26-2011, 08:57 PM

311 posts, read 760,500 times
Latest Info: 2010 census: US getting older - US news - Life - msnbc.com

Over the past decade, the number of men in the US has increased. The overall male/female ratio in the US is now 96.7, compared to 96.3 in 2000. There are more men living to old age now, or maybe more male immigrants.

There are more men than women up to age 34.

Quote:
New census numbers show:
  • The male-female ratio in the U.S. increased to 96.7 from 96.3 in 2000, reflecting the narrowing of the female advantage in overall population.
  • Broken down by subgroups, men were more numerous than women among those 34 and younger as more boys than girls tend to be born.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:51 AM

311 posts, read 760,500 times
A new Gallup poll finds that America isn't much different from Asia or India: Most parents prefer sons, not daughters.

TODAYMoms - Americans prefer sons over daughters, poll finds

This kind of preference, in 2011, in the US, won't do much to calm some posters' fears of a looming wife shortage.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:08 AM

791 posts, read 1,203,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
The article uses two people, takes their assumptions, and uses their conclusions as stone cold facts. Wow.
exactly

Old 07-10-2018, 02:04 AM

579 posts, read 1,105,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmon7 View Post
First: "STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING WITH A SINGLES CONNOTATION"
In Portland particularly, the stink of desperate men keeps quality women far away from singles activities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
Yup. Good insight as to why single women avoid bars/clubs.
This is good advice. In the past, I've attended some "singles events" but i no longer do that, as it is an ineffective way to meet women that I would interested in spending together.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:28 AM

978 posts, read 231,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpointer View Post
This is good advice. In the past, I've attended some "singles events" but i no longer do that, as it is an ineffective way to meet women that I would interested in spending together.
Really, yet, every time a singles mixer is scheduled at a Meetup, the #'s approach 100 in RSVP's. One coming up in August with a stunning amount that outnumbers the typical social club Meetup. If not that, then it's around 50-ish.

Does that mean they are desperate?

It's 2018, it's pretty much the in thing to do these days. Calling it desperate is such an early 2000s' thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or