Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 05:31 PM

174 posts, read 326,682 times

Advertisements

Being sorry to offend is like being sorry that you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 05:36 PM

449 posts, read 934,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfood View Post
Just rambling but i find myself suddenly in my mid 40's with an overwhelmingly amount of attention from young men. I began dating online this past year after 5 years of not dating after divorce and now its like the bees have all caught scent of this honey. I want something meaningful and longterm but can't help but enjoy the attention of all these young men. What do they want and why do I crave their attention. I mean, men/boys in their 20's and 30's!! Its flattering but I know its not what is good for me and not what will lead me in the direction I want to go.
It's because older women are easy and appreciative. If you just want sex have fun. If you are looking for more you will be sadly disappointed.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:39 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:
Just rambling but i find myself suddenly in my mid 40's with an overwhelmingly amount of attention from young men. I began dating online this past year after 5 years of not dating after divorce and now its like the bees have all caught scent of this honey. I want something meaningful and longterm but can't help but enjoy the attention of all these young men. What do they want and why do I crave their attention. I mean, men/boys in their 20's and 30's!! Its flattering but I know its not what is good for me and not what will lead me in the direction I want to go.
I would be very flattered if I was getting that kind of attention, even though I'm married and not even looking. So I say enjoy it and do with it what you want, even if it's nothing more than getting an ego boost.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:18 PM

52,260 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Being sorry to offend is like being sorry that you think.

Whew.

Must have struck a nerve.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:28 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
It happens to me a lot too - in fact I think it happens to almost all 40+ women. At first glance it's flattering. But if you think about it, most men have no problem with taking a big step down in personal standards in pursuit of casual sex.

If you want to view things realistically, compare the attractiveness of the age-appropriate men who approach you to those younger men who hit on you. If the younger men are "high quality" (very attractive, nice personality, career-minded etc) and the the ones your own age are not, you know those younger guys view you as a low enough step down that you're a good mark for an easy lay.

I point this out because it's important to keep reality in the forefront of your mind; otherwise it will come back to bite you in the butt when you start trying to find someone to seriously date. When a woman doesn't see the truth about the younger male/older female sexual dynamic, she falls into the trap of rejecting average age-appropriate suitors because she thinks she can do better than those "low quality" men. The truth is, she can't. The 45 year old version of her favorite 28 year old boy toy is out of her league.

Great post. Honest without being offensive.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:12 PM

174 posts, read 326,682 times
Thanks! Great post...very realistic and truthfilled.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:53 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
Quote:
I think it's completey understandable that you enjoy the attention from younger men, I would be flattered too.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
It happens to me a lot too - in fact I think it happens to almost all 40+ women. At first glance it's flattering. But if you think about it, most men have no problem with taking a big step down in personal standards in pursuit of casual sex.

If you want to view things realistically, compare the attractiveness of the age-appropriate men who approach you to those younger men who hit on you. If the younger men are "high quality" (very attractive, nice personality, career-minded etc) and the the ones your own age are not, you know those younger guys view you as a low enough step down that you're a good mark for an easy lay.

I point this out because it's important to keep reality in the forefront of your mind; otherwise it will come back to bite you in the butt when you start trying to find someone to seriously date. When a woman doesn't see the truth about the younger male/older female sexual dynamic, she falls into the trap of rejecting average age-appropriate suitors because she thinks she can do better than those "low quality" men. The truth is, she can't. The 45 year old version of her favorite 28 year old boy toy is out of her league.
Very interesting and solid advice. Good insight.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Enjoy the ride, one day we'll all be invisible to the opposite sex.
Speak for yourself.

Old 12-29-2010, 06:53 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Speak for yourself.
^^^^I highly doubt becoming "invisible" will EVER happen to this one!^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships