Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 01:19 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,650,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
For whatever reason my family has fallen into the habit of giving speciality food and drink items to each other. Very practical. One year our motto was "say it with pork". LOL.
That is awesome.

Beef! its what's for Christmas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 01:21 PM

51,956 posts, read 52,393,874 times
We don't ususually give each other gifts, at least the last couple of yrs.

I was almost gonna get her a little something, but then I know that she probably didn't get me anything and I didn't want to make her feel bad.

I used to work with a guy several yrs ago and his son was killed a couple of days after Christmas.

I've only ever met the son a couple of times, but every yr since I think about him and the loss of his son.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:26 PM

181 posts, read 330,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Granted money is tight this year and we talked about paring down the gifts this year. Just curious if anyone else out there didn't get anything from their spouse/so for Christmas. My husband did say we would go out to dinner somewhere nice sometime soon, but it was still a little hard to have nothing under the tree....harder than I expected....
No gifts except for the dogs in their stockings. It was cheaper that way. I need more critical things like sweatpants and stuff to stay warm. Non-critical items are out the door and we'll have medical bills coming up because I'm not insured. C'est la vie. Christmas is a holiday made by marketers to get people to buy. I understand it's painful but it's a made up holiday. Do you know when Christ was born ... not 12/25! Sorry you're upset - it's a sign of the times but hope you can view 12/25 as a new holiday to strike stores that have brought in massive wares from China.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:35 PM

884 posts, read 2,636,473 times
We don't (hubby and I) exchange gifts. We feel like Christmas is for the kids. I'd rather buy the things I want, plus my husband tends to buy me electronic stuff that isn't what I want. To avoid taking something back to the store, no gift exchanges!.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
That is awesome.

Beef! its what's for Christmas!

Hell yeah.....

Big ol' steak......

Old 12-27-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Hell yeah.....

Big ol' steak......
Steak, standing rib roasts. I can continue.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:38 PM

181 posts, read 330,269 times
Quote:
Granted money is tight this year and we talked about paring down the gifts this year. Just curious if anyone else out there didn't get anything from their spouse/so for Christmas. My husband did say we would go out to dinner somewhere nice sometime soon, but it was still a little hard to have nothing under the tree....harder than I expected....
No gifts except for the dogs in their stockings. It was cheaper that way. I need more critical things like sweatpants and stuff to stay warm. Non-critical items are out the door and we'll have medical bills coming up because I'm not insured. C'est la vie. Christmas is a holiday made by marketers to get people to buy. I understand it's painful but it's a made up holiday. Do you know when Christ was born ... not 12/25! Sorry you're upset - it's a sign of the times but hope you can view 12/25 as a new holiday to strike stores that have brought in massive wares from China.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Steak, standing rib roasts. I can continue.
I like the way you roll man.......

Old 12-27-2010, 02:29 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,435,573 times
Quote:
I honestly have everything I need, and most things I want - and have had for years.

So 6 years ago my husband and I decided in lieu of Christmas presents under the tree to one another that we would write each other a special Christmas letter. His letters to me are priceless - better than any material item he could go out and purchase for me

I have put all the letters in a special album, and will continue to do so for as long as we are lucky enough to each live to write them. Originally I thought how comforting they would be to have to look back on in our "old age", lol. But truthfully, I pull that album out several times a year and bask in the glory of being so well loved.

Sappy? Maybe. But I think I'm the luckiest woman I know.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I like the way you roll man.......

Amen! My body is not a temple. It is an amusement park.

And I love good sea food too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships