U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-16-2011, 08:58 AM

3,857 posts, read 5,239,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
I rather be weird and have a kick out of life than be a boring, molded clone
Same here. I don't care if people consider me weird, strange, or eccentric. I have no desire to be ordinary.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 11:12 AM

22,175 posts, read 12,990,379 times
I went to school with a girl who was nerdy, shy, bookish, not hot and I used to kind of worry about her.

She married an extremely well-known, hot, very wealthy professional baseball player. When they started dating we all went, "Huh?" She was the last girl on earth I'd pick to marry a great-looking jock. They've been happily married for 30 plus years, live in a house that's been in Architectural Digest, he worships the ground she walks on and they and their children are a credit to their community.

Let that be a lesson to us all.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:28 AM

1,696 posts, read 2,310,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3divina View Post
Where they at least good photoshops?
it wasnt obvious to me that they were PS, but a mutual friend of ours who works with PS was able to tell, and then point out the cut lines on it. LOL

Old 02-19-2011, 10:00 PM

724 posts, read 758,217 times
The girl I know wasn't just nerdy, per se. She had a VERY overprotective mother. Her mother would not let her go on field trips unless she came with her. She wasn't allowed to join any extracurricular clubs because they met after school and she wasn't allowed to stay after school. Not allowed to go to friends' houses and vice-versa. Was only allowed to see G-rated movies, not even PG, and certainly not even PG-13. All of this in like 6th, 7th and 8th grade. And she didn't appear hate her mother for this; quite the opposite. Her mother led her to believe she was above everybody else.

It's hard to imagine a guy dating a girl with a mother like that.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:05 PM

34,142 posts, read 20,370,270 times
Nerds are the best. They can fix the computer. lol And explain stuff. hahahahahaha

Old 02-19-2011, 10:09 PM

4,624 posts, read 2,857,559 times
Like my old Irish Grandma said..."there is a pot for every cover"!!

Old 02-19-2011, 10:17 PM

34,142 posts, read 20,370,270 times
Ha! Irish! You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:32 AM

6,046 posts, read 6,272,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3divina View Post
The girl I know wasn't just nerdy, per se. She had a VERY overprotective mother. Her mother would not let her go on field trips unless she came with her. She wasn't allowed to join any extracurricular clubs because they met after school and she wasn't allowed to stay after school. Not allowed to go to friends' houses and vice-versa. Was only allowed to see G-rated movies, not even PG, and certainly not even PG-13. All of this in like 6th, 7th and 8th grade. And she didn't appear hate her mother for this; quite the opposite. Her mother led her to believe she was above everybody else.

It's hard to imagine a guy dating a girl with a mother like that.
I know a guy that's dating a girl like that. I don't know why he stays with her. I don't care how much he wants to be with her...I would hate to deal with such a strict mom.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:10 PM

724 posts, read 758,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I know a guy that's dating a girl like that. I don't know why he stays with her. I don't care how much he wants to be with her...I would hate to deal with such a strict mom.
That's what I'm saying...especially if the girl sides with her mom, all about "be obedient to your parents because they know best" yes the girl I knew actually said this.

I remember in middle school, she wasn't allowed to answer the phone at her house. Parents who are that strict don't just morph overnight, either.

So, how is it even possible to ask a girl out on a date if she's not even allowed to answer the phone?

Old 03-01-2011, 08:32 PM

14,780 posts, read 18,084,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Like my old Irish Grandma said..."there is a pot for every cover"!!
I like to put it like this: There's someone for everyone, the trick is to find them before you die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships