Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 03:11 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,311,334 times

Advertisements

Yes, old age will catch up with everyone eventually. Hopefully, we will all have some inner beauty that shines through. It is always funny to me to hear people call other people ugly or weird when in reality they are no beauty queens themselves. I really believe there is something lovely about everyone, and weird is good. Why on Earth would anyone want to be just like everyone else? Everyone is weird in their own way, even if they try to hide it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 06:40 AM

27,340 posts, read 27,393,359 times
Good question. Guess as the saying goes: 'theres someone for everyone'.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:09 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,949 times
I wonder more how obnoxious, a**hole men and shallow, materialistic women are able to marry.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:35 PM

736 posts, read 1,694,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I wonder more how obnoxious, a**hole men and shallow, materialistic women are able to marry.
They marry each other.

And, people are going to act differently for someone they love.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:44 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,297,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3divina View Post
Ever find out someone weird/nerdy who you went to high/middle school with got married and wonder, "how the f*** did they find someone?!"

By "weird/nerdy" I mean people who you could not even imagine being married.

Just goes to show you that there's someone for everyone...

I can tell from my experiences alone with class reunions, it is usually the nerdy ones who improve with age while the high school lookers lose theirs quickly. Hell, I noticed this even at the 10th reunion! Some of the plain or nerdy kids grew up to become attractive adults.

But I can recall some nerdy or plain'ish kids who were still well-liked. They tended to have personality and confidence. Whether they all truly had confidence or it just seemed that way, I couldn't tell ya. But it sure did seem to work for them, although most didn't have the "popular" lookers knocking down their doors. (And some went on to do more with their lives than many of the lookers.)

Old 01-11-2011, 01:23 PM

736 posts, read 1,694,920 times
Okay, like this girl I went to grammar and middle school with, really nerdy, nobody liked her because she was the teacher's pet and thought she was better than everyone else in our class because of it (that right there is probably the reason nobody liked her, not necessarily her nerdiness), dressed very matronly and still does, even her wedding dress was matronly. She has no sense of style. And she is now married to a pianist/accountant.

How did that happen?

Old 01-11-2011, 09:36 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3divina View Post
Okay, like this girl I went to grammar and middle school with, really nerdy, nobody liked her because she was the teacher's pet and thought she was better than everyone else in our class because of it (that right there is probably the reason nobody liked her, not necessarily her nerdiness), dressed very matronly and still does, even her wedding dress was matronly. She has no sense of style. And she is now married to a pianist/accountant.

How did that happen?
Maybe the pianist/accountant didn't care about her matronly style and but rather her personality, intelligence, whatever else she has. Maybe she's musical and they connect on the musical level. My wife and I connect on many levels that other people don't see in us, and that happens with other couples too. Sometimes what brings people together is the fact they can share with each other something they don't usually share with the rest of the world. In other words, there may be an aspect of herself she never presented to you and your former classmates but that she did to her spouse and that is what caused the initial spark between them.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:51 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,305,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweet View Post
There are plenty of women who see a nerdy type of guy as an easy target to control. Nerdy types are more willing to put up with abusive women as they generally lack common sense and social skills, which are required to leave a bad relationship.
^^^^ This,this and MORE THIS!!! Many of these guys are the guys with choke collars and get yanked by the ear from the sporting goods or tool department. I hope that kitty is worth it? Who would want it anyway??? Congrads, you are a match made in hell!!

Old 01-12-2011, 01:30 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,421,443 times
Not only the nerdy people but the extremely overweight and just plain fugly people get married or even have bf/gf's...I sit there and wonder why I bother going to the gym, etc..Maybe I'm better off being a blob?????

Old 01-12-2011, 01:45 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Not only the nerdy people but the extremely overweight and just plain fugly people get married or even have bf/gf's...I sit there and wonder why I bother going to the gym, etc..Maybe I'm better off being a blob?????
There are a lot of fat couples, meaning both of them are fat. They're only together because they can't get anyone else.

It's better to be a thin couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships