Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 11:07 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,028,738 times

Advertisements

Yey, in between discussing Luci and women's body language, I managed to finish my taxes, too. I'm a super woman!

Btw, Chess, you do know the fed return won't be accepted until 2/14 this year if you itemize, right? So much for your head start!

Old 01-30-2011, 11:11 AM

37,491 posts, read 45,780,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Btw, Chess, you do know the fed return won't be accepted until 2/14 this year if you itemize, right? So much for your head start!
Yup. I found that out the next day Sierra. GO FIGURE. Grrrrr...

Old 01-30-2011, 11:16 AM

51,997 posts, read 52,433,380 times
A couple of posters thought that I was a black dude over in the what do you look like thread.

I'm walking a little taller and got a little giddy-up in my step.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yup. I found that out the next day Sierra. GO FIGURE. Grrrrr...
That Making Work Pay credit was making me nervous last year and it's making me nervous again this year. But it's not like I make it up - the software puts it there. Oh, well, it was only for 2009 and 2010, so we won't have to "complain" of refunds next year. AZ (thus my boss, too) keeps monkeying around with the state withholdings, though, and I just can't get them right no matter how hard I try. I don't like giving Uncle Sam no-interest loans.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
A couple of posters thought that I was a black dude over in the what do you look like thread.

I'm walking a little taller and got a little giddy-up in my step.

You be da bomb, Chow.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:46 AM

51,997 posts, read 52,433,380 times
Quote:
You be da bomb, Chow.
Shizzle baby.

(Strange why people think I'm black )

Old 01-30-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That Making Work Pay credit was making me nervous last year and it's making me nervous again this year. But it's not like I make it up - the software puts it there. Oh, well, it was only for 2009 and 2010, so we won't have to "complain" of refunds next year. AZ (thus my boss, too) keeps monkeying around with the state withholdings, though, and I just can't get them right no matter how hard I try. I don't like giving Uncle Sam no-interest loans.
Yeah that thing gave me pause too. But I've been using Turbo Tax for probably 10 years now...and so far, so good.

It goes against everything I know, to NOT set my withholdings so that I wind up even at the end of the year. But I don't do it. It's always harder for me to stash it away when I have it, it seems. One day I'll get there, I hope.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:56 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,613,873 times
Quote:
WHOA DAMN. We just opened a letter from ODU...one of the colleges my son applied to. It's just the local one here - a decent 4-year university, (actually my alma mater), not terribly expensive considering what others charge, and it's certainly not his first choice, in fact it's probably last on his list. But it's his first acceptance letter (yay) AND....they've offered him a FULL RIDE. A full 4-year merit scholarship. WOW! Sorry to be bragging...but I am so proud right now I'm about to burst!!! Nice to know in case push comes to shove!
Nice job, ChessieJr.!

Old 01-30-2011, 12:02 PM

Some thoughts from yesterday...

It was supposed to be a good day and it began that way. Our Gem & Mineral show started yesterday and after not having gone to it for a few years, I figured it's as good place as any to enjoy the sun, walk around, and look at stuff. I usually end up overwhelmed and dizzy and don't buy much, but this year when I'm not (and shouldn't be) really in the market for jewelry, I happened to like a few things and got them! Murphy's laws... Oh, well.

Then I decided to go and see Biutiful (btw, I was wondering why it was intentionally misspelled; the answer is IN the movie). It's very gritty and grim and yet, a great movie! The performance of Javier Bardem and the whole cast is outstanding! The cinematography is impressive! However... it depressed the hell out of me because it hit too close to home on one too many accounts... It's probably more appropriate for somebody with happier life who would look at it just as a movie. That got me into thinking about my original disdain for and ridicule of happy-end American movies and those who watch only them. Perhaps I should revise my stance... Perhaps they're smarter and taking better care of their mental health... Perhaps I should stop doing this to myself as it's pure masochism!

I also noticed something funny related to our topics here. Saw a pack of youngsters socializing in groups in front of the theater - 5 girls and 2 guys in their early 20's. The guys looked and acted just like our buddies here who hope to be "more than friends"!

Old 01-30-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Yeah that thing gave me pause too. But I've been using Turbo Tax for probably 10 years now...and so far, so good.
Well, it is in the software and it is in the IRS publications, but it's also the reason for the bigger portion of the refund... It hasn't been extended for 2011, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships