Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2011, 10:54 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times

Advertisements

Take the last two digits of your birth year and add the age you will be this year.

111, right?

Old 02-05-2011, 11:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Take the last two digits of your birth year and add the age you will be this year.

111, right?
Right. Now if you could only open those golden lips for something more helpful than that and tell me just how bad is having a mirror facing your bed! The mirror is not in the bedroom, but there's no door to the bathroom. I can't really see myself in it while in bed.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:11 PM

I've been wondering about the other mirror, too. That one doesn't reflect the bed, but faces the door, and now that I'm reading this...

When you place any mirror in your home, pay attention to what is being reflected in it. In feng shui terms, the mirror is doubling that energy by creating a virtual duplicate within the virtual space of the reflection.

Fast Feng Shui - How to Use Mirrors as Feng Shui Remedies Part 2

Somewhere else I read that having doors on both sides of your bedroom is very bad, but fortunately it doesn't happen often. Am I actually "creating" this set-up by the mirror reflecting the door...? This mirror is stand-alone and I can technically move it, but I just don't have another good place for it and I need a darn full-length mirror!

Old 02-05-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Right. Now if you could only open those golden lips for something more helpful than that and tell me just how bad is having a mirror facing your bed! The mirror is not in the bedroom, but there's no door to the bathroom. I can't really see myself in it while in bed.
I believe I mentioned previously the differences between our viewpoints and expectations of feng shui, but it just happens that this is a good thing in both systems - nothing to be concerned about.

It's generally only a mirror at the foot of the bed, such that you see yourself when you first rise. Also you're not supposed to site your bed with your feet facing the door - that's how they arrange dead bodies.

But see, the psychological impact of the mirror is great; the feet, not-so-great - just urban folklore. So one might have precedence over the other in certain situations, i.e. - "I can't keep my feet from facing the door, but it avoids the mirror" - sometimes you have to compromise.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:18 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,414 times
You mean opposing sides? Its common for bedrooms and particularly masters to have a door to a bathroom, closet doors, etc.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
I've been wondering about the other mirror, too. That one doesn't reflect the bed, but faces the door, and now that I'm reading this...

When you place any mirror in your home, pay attention to what is being reflected in it. In feng shui terms, the mirror is doubling that energy by creating a virtual duplicate within the virtual space of the reflection.

Fast Feng Shui - How to Use Mirrors as Feng Shui Remedies Part 2
Bull dinky. If the author had any conception of energy, they would know that it doesn't reflect off of mirrors and double its energy. That's creation of energy - something that cannot be done for free.

The term "Fast" needs to become anathema in your vocabulary.

Quote:
Somewhere else I read that having doors on both sides of your bedroom is very bad, but fortunately it doesn't happen often. Am I actually "creating" this set-up by the mirror reflecting the door...? This mirror is stand-alone and I can technically move it, but I just don't have another good place for it and I need a darn full-length mirror!
No worries. Doesn't apply in this situation.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
I believe I mentioned previously the differences between our viewpoints and expectations of feng shui, but it just happens that this is a good thing in both systems - nothing to be concerned about.
Cool! 'Cause that one ain't goin' nowhere... Well, in the old days nobody even had a toilet inside, much less en suite bathroom, for Pete's sake!

Quote:
It's generally only a mirror at the foot of the bed, such that you see yourself when you first rise.
I can only see myself if I really make an effort to stand up in bed... In other words, I never do it. When I get up, I'm doing this to the side and don't look at it.

Quote:
Also you're not supposed to site your bed with your feet facing the door - that's how they arrange dead bodies.
Yeah, that I know. It rarely happens.

Quote:
But see, the psychological impact of the mirror is great; the feet, not-so-great - just urban folklore. So one might have precedence over the other in certain situations, i.e. - "I can't keep my feet from facing the door, but it avoids the mirror" - sometimes you have to compromise.
I know... There's only so much you can do... My bedroom is also over the garage, which apparently is not so great, either, but so are many!

Thanks. How about that other mirror reflecting the door? Oh, OK, you replied to that one while I was typing.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
No worries. Doesn't apply in this situation.
So, I'm almost OK mirror-wise...? After all, the swivel mirror reflects Sierra InfractShui - it can't be that bad, can it?!

Old 02-05-2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
The term "Fast" needs to become anathema in your vocabulary.
That was a coincidence. I've read it on many sites.

Well, is there a book or a website you'd recommend?

Old 02-05-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
So, I'm almost OK mirror-wise...? After all, the swivel mirror reflects Sierra InfractShui - it can't be that bad, can it?!
No, I think you're OK. To be sure I'd need exact compass directions and linear measurements of your house, the hour, longitude and latitude of your birthplace, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships