Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2011, 06:04 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Pictures? What pictures??

Eh. Pics are fun, but the interaction is the attraction for me. It's relaxing, and somewhat addictive I have to say. BF just left, shoot he's probably halfway home by now. And here I am sitting on this dang computer and I need to be getting into the shower! And then I'll be late, and get scolded by SifuPhil.

Are you saying SiFu is your boss? He's got good people working for him.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:06 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Pictures? What pictures??

Eh. Pics are fun, but the interaction is the attraction for me. It's relaxing, and somewhat addictive I have to say. BF just left, shoot he's probably halfway home by now. And here I am sitting on this dang computer and I need to be getting into the shower! And then I'll be late, and get scolded by SifuPhil.
Don't encourage him to find and post Barbie getting spanked.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:10 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
My boss is a good-natured man, but sometimes he is just clueless.

I was in training for the last two days, and my boss flew in to attend. A group of us were chatting at lunch about small children, and one of the other writers remarked that her children are grown but she has her four-year-old grandson at home. She and I start talking about preschool and is he reading and so on--my son is six, so we have something in common. My boss says, "Why is he living with you?" D pauses and then says, "He's just mine now." My boss then asks, "Are his parents not involved?" (I am starting to squirm.) D says, "No," and then my boss asks, "Why not?" I managed to change the subject, but JEEZ. You should have seen this woman's face. He had just met this woman the day before, because she is part of a different business unit.

One of the women in my department is on maternity leave. We had a baby shower for her before she left, and my boss asked me to call him from the conference room where we had the party, so he could be there on the phone. I told M (the pregnant lady), who asked me to please not do that. She said that every time he talked to her, he asked her about epidurals and breastfeeding. She was worried that he would ask her in front of everyone whether she was going to breastfeed, and she didn't feel comfortable with that conversation. The phone in the conference room was broken, so we couldn't call anyway, but we called him afterward (M, my boss's boss, another woman, and I) to say hello, and sure enough, he asked her in front of all of us if she had made a decision about breastfeeding.

Once again: .

Old 01-13-2011, 06:11 AM

37,615 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Are you saying SiFu is your boss? He's got good people working for him.
Now THAT would make for an interesting workplace!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Don't encourage him to find and post Barbie getting spanked.
You're right - he needs no encouragement!!

Okay...that's it - I'm off for the shower and work! Ya'll have fun!

Old 01-13-2011, 06:24 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Geez Julia, most bosses try to avoid personal discussions like that with employees. He is obviously inept in the professional manners department.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:17 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Ugh have to work the next three nights. However I do have Sunday off so I can watch the Pats whoop the Jets ass!!!

In a fight with BOA because I deposited $305 in cash in the ATM. 2 $100bills, 5 $20bills and 1 $5bill. For some reason the ATM rejected my 2 $100 bills and said it was returning it to me. It never did. I had to go inside and speak with a mgr and file a "claim". I'm waiting on BOA to finish their investigation. In the meantime, I'm SOL regarding the bills. Aggravation.

Going through all my expenses from 2010 and putting them into a budget tracker so I can see where I need to cut back for this year. It should take me about 2 days to do, lol. It's a good thing though.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times
I usually put cash in an envelope and write a total on it. It seems quicker to me because I can do that before hand.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:55 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
My boss is a good-natured man, but sometimes he is just clueless.

I was in training for the last two days, and my boss flew in to attend. A group of us were chatting at lunch about small children, and one of the other writers remarked that her children are grown but she has her four-year-old grandson at home. She and I start talking about preschool and is he reading and so on--my son is six, so we have something in common. My boss says, "Why is he living with you?" D pauses and then says, "He's just mine now." My boss then asks, "Are his parents not involved?" (I am starting to squirm.) D says, "No," and then my boss asks, "Why not?" I managed to change the subject, but JEEZ. You should have seen this woman's face. He had just met this woman the day before, because she is part of a different business unit.

One of the women in my department is on maternity leave. We had a baby shower for her before she left, and my boss asked me to call him from the conference room where we had the party, so he could be there on the phone. I told M (the pregnant lady), who asked me to please not do that. She said that every time he talked to her, he asked her about epidurals and breastfeeding. She was worried that he would ask her in front of everyone whether she was going to breastfeed, and she didn't feel comfortable with that conversation. The phone in the conference room was broken, so we couldn't call anyway, but we called him afterward (M, my boss's boss, another woman, and I) to say hello, and sure enough, he asked her in front of all of us if she had made a decision about breastfeeding.

Once again: .
I guess once the kid is born he can start in on the circumcision and vaccination questions. Oy.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:05 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,678,046 times
What is women's opinion of vasectomies?

Old 01-13-2011, 09:06 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Best aphrodisiac ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships