U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-03-2011, 10:46 AM

12,890 posts, read 12,956,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
...The perfect summary of this "wise" man is in his final paragraph:

Quote:
Someone needs to invent a drug which has no hormonal imbalance side-effects but is able to erase a man's sex drive and attraction to women. It would increase productivity rates to incredible heights. I'd be free and happy. I'd feel complete. I'd be able to concentrate on my biochemistry studying.
I don't think this guy is someone who should be giving romantic advice.
They already have a drug for that - have had it available for many years, in fact.

It's called "Marriage".

Craigslist is hardly the place for a true wise man to post. He should be here on C-D, where ALL the wiseguys are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 10:50 AM

21,316 posts, read 19,467,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
They already have a drug for that - have had it available for many years, in fact.

It's called "Marriage".

Craigslist is hardly the place for a true wise man to post. He should be here on C-D, where ALL the wiseguys are.
You silly Phil. If marriage is supposed to erase a guy's sex drive, my husband never got the memo.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:54 AM

10,159 posts, read 5,642,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You confirmed I've never seen true love. I'm yet to encounter such a castrate...
Not surprising since you are female.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:58 AM

42,843 posts, read 55,059,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You confirmed I've never seen true love. I'm yet to encounter such a castrate...
Oh, I stand corrected... There was this boy hanging by the ladies' room on my floor just to see me. Of course, he wasn't hot, or interesting, or anything... Oh, I stand corrected again... He WAS very interesting on the phone for months before I knew who he was!

Old 01-03-2011, 10:59 AM

10,159 posts, read 5,642,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Seems hardly much of an incentive to fall in love...

So shelter, warmth, food all fall by the wayside? That kind of violates Maslow's Hierarchy, doesn't it?

I think somebody was watching "It's A Wonderful Life" way too much this holiday season...
#1-As if one can just make "it" happen!
#2 -Pretty much. Look what happened to Johnny Cash after June kicked the bucket. He pretty much lost his will to eat/live.

#3-Didn't catch it this time around, but I do dig a Capra film (or two) every now and then.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:13 AM

12,890 posts, read 12,956,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
#1-As if one can just make "it" happen!
No, one cannot. But one CAN create more favorable conditions for it to happen in.

Threats of giving me a soprano do-over just don't float my boat, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
#2 -Pretty much. Look what happened to Johnny Cash after June kicked the bucket. He pretty much lost his will to eat/live.
But that isn't healthy. Why support a state of mind that is so injurious to yourself and your loved ones?

Depending upon others for your own existence is a scary concept...but I suppose it's been drilled into us for centuries.

Quote:
#3-Didn't catch it this time around, but I do dig a Capra film (or two) every now and then.
Amen.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:14 AM

25,085 posts, read 8,901,888 times
I can't speak for all ladies, but a soulful man who knows himself is hard to resist.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:16 AM

7,689 posts, read 9,071,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_of_Reason View Post
Ludicrous. You begin with an attempt to verbally castrate men that don't fit your ideal of some uncouth he-man. Next, you imply the same about those that aren't attracted when you conduct yourself like one of these he-men. (Not only does this read as hypocritical, but like you've deluded yourself into thinking you’re a man.) Finally, you both contradict what you wrote in the previous paragraph and--astoundingly--not two sentences preceding in the same paragraph.

Just who, pray tell, gave you the authority to decide what makes a man?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_of_Reason View Post
Did I quote you?
yes.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:30 AM

116 posts, read 92,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
yes.
You can't be serious.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:30 AM

1,159 posts, read 705,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post

, it's your inner strenght, your courage, your willpower, the confidence you have in your SELF, your true SELF your SOUL, souls are what trigger women attraction, because a powerful soul has a strong presence and they feel it, this is what women want, the real YOU a beautiful YOU.

they like real manly men, who are TRUTHFUL with themselves solid, confident, gentle and kind, because being a real MAN has nothing to do with being a MACHO.
I agree with most of the OP. The following comments though, I find sort of contradicting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
did I mention words don't work much with them? actions are everything

, so keep the flame ignited, how? be sexy!! how can a man be sexy you ask?? ....tell her spicy things, it could be by message, by phone, directly, when you are with her look at her with desire,
I would have to disagree that words don't work. Words mean a lot. Sure they should be backed up by action to be validated, but without words, how you do communicate effectively? As women we are communicative, words work. With that said, I agree with the remainder of the post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships