Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 10:47 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
How is it a MAN thinks he can tell me (a woman) what I want?!

PUA's will always have a harem of dumb nitwits to follow them because that's what these chicks are all about....having a good time. Rarely do I see these men show proof of being in long term relationships. THAT'S the video I want to see. Go ahead....I'll wait.
These guys know that LTR means alimony, c/s and asset loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 11:31 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

It's astonishing how many times we hear the complaint that trashy, shallow skanks don’t want the "nice" guys. You guys are pursuing women you despise and don’t realize how messed up that is.
THIS, times ten. "Women are just sooooooooo shallow! I just can't seem to find a half-dressed, screamin' wild, '10+' body, inflate-a-boob five-foot-eleven-inch 108-lb. fashion-forward uber-popular NICE girl who will see me as I really am iiiiiiiiiiinside! I think the secret is to just treat girls like dirt and I'm glad to share the secret with ALL of you." OMG, people. Honestly, do you hear yourselves sometimes?

I know dozens upon dozens of guys who are "plain-looking" as described/shown in the video who do have girlfriends; quality girlfriends. No, not girlfriends who were in not one but TWO "Girls Gone Wild" videos. Cute, pretty, smart, awesome girls.

Some guys here are making excuses for why *they* personally can't get dates. Did you ever stop to think it might really be you...your personality, your attitude, etc...and not your lack of a striped Mohawk that's the problem?

Old 01-02-2011, 11:36 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,433,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Some guys here are making excuses for why *they* personally can't get dates. Did you ever stop to think it might really be you...your personality, your attitude, etc...and not your lack of a striped Mohawk that's the problem?
Bingo! to those who say that you need to treat girls like dirt, I'm sorry to see how wrong they are, there's a huge difference between being a strong, solid, independent man who doesn't need a second mom or someone to cling to, and being a jerk.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:32 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times
Okay. Let's boil down that dissertation into a short sentence.

"If you are a man who lives his life with passion, purpose, authenticity, consideration, and happiness, women will find you irresistible."

Let's reduce it down even further.

"If you love your life, a woman will love you."

And for all you guys who sit here and moan that women are simply drawn to money, you're just pathetic excuse makers. Get off your ass, turn off ESPN or ScyFi and start living. Life's a damned banquet and you dumb SOBs are starving to death. Quit squandering your freaking lives.

I mean, think about it. I read a lot of posts from a lot of clueless guys. What I've been able to piece together is that you don't have jobs you like very much, your interpersonal skills are borderline Aspergers, and you need all kinds of convoluted and cynical theories to understand women--who are in reality pretty easy to understand. You don't respect yourself in how you dress or groom yourselves and your idea of entertainment is five hours of television at home nightly. And then you wonder why you're losing out in the dating game, such as it is. Hey, if you don't love yourself, how can you expect anyone else to love you either?

Last edited by cpg35223; 01-03-2011 at 12:44 AM..

Old 01-03-2011, 12:37 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,407,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Okay. Let's boil down that dissertation into a short sentence.

"If you are a man who lives his life with passion, purpose, authenticity, consideration, and happiness, women will find you irresistible."

And for all you guys who sit here and moan that women are drawn to money, you're just pathetic excuse makers. Get off your ass, turn off ESPN or ScyFi and start living. Life's a damned banquet and you dumb SOBs are starving to death.

Yes! that's like catnip to us!

Old 01-03-2011, 01:16 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,351,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Let's put it this way--if I sense that a man is trying to ask me out and I don't want to go out with him, I will lead him away from the subject, even if I have to change the subject abruptly. Here's another thing--I may enter a convo with a man thinking that if he asks, I'll go out with him, and after stumbling around for 15 min and me throwing him all kinds of hints, he still can't quite get it out and it's getting really awkward, I will lose interest--for good. I think the reason is b/c at some point I really start to feel like a nursemaid and no woman likes that feeling, unless it's her child.

All of this is not all your fault though men. While I love having my freedom and can go anywhere and do pretty much what I want, a side effect of this has been the demasculinization of men. I don't want men to be more like women--I don't want them hovering over me anxiously asking me how I'm feeling--but let's face it--this is how many men are raised. (I mean, some mothers train their boys to sit to pee!) This must surely be one of the most confusing times in history for anybody, but esp men.

If I can leave you guys with one thought, it's this: don't be afraid of women. That fear will hold you back and we are just people after all. Also, when you're not afraid and desperate, you're less likely to get sucked into the petty little games that some women play--as soon as she starts that crap you just have to be able to walk away. That's powerful but it's not overpowering.
word. first of all, let me state that it is hilarious to me that someone claims to have figured out what every woman wants. this sorta reads like one of those pamphlets you can buy in the back of a magazine. you know, one of THOSE magazines.

you do OP, make some good points. i have been wildly attracted to a wide variety of men- if you look at my list of hottest men they are EXTREMELY varied. i think one thing you really missed though, is humor. women LOVE LOVE LOVE to laugh and if you have a great clever sense of humor, that is gonna take you farther than being an alpha male and straight as a flagstaff or whatever it is that you said in that regard. some of that smells a little "sedona" to me. but i get what you are saying.

and stepka- totally in agreement with the bolded part. i REALLY hate men who are not MEN. i can change my own tires and my own oil and yeah, i LIKE IT when a guy OFFERS to help. but i have had guys who don't even know how to do these things and i think you shouldn't even be allowed to drive a car if you can't change a tire. and i will admit when i meet a guy like that i just don't consider him a man. if I HAVE TO BE THE ONE on the highway changing the damn thing then yeah, we got a problem.
the reverse of this is, is when a guy doesn't like it when a woman is too independent. i had a guy friend who had designs on me at one time, and he STILL can't stand the fact that i wanted to change my own shocks and didn't want his help. even though i explained that i wanted to do it myself just so i could say that i knew how and for the pride that that would bring, he just thought i was trying to be "stubborn modern woman" and of course that was a real turn off. its like, let me fight this battle, and high five me when i am done. don't try and make it out like just because i am not weak and mincing that i am not capable of being loved. some guys can't love a woman unless she is something of a damsel in distress. seems to me that isn't much of a man, who needs someone weaker than himself.

and i certainly don't want a guy who would just want to sit and talk about our feelings all the time. he should be open to talk about such things, but if i have to be your emotional tampon i will make you wear panties to go with it. there is definitely a happy medium, which is what i think we are both talking about. a man should be a man, and a woman a woman, with plenty of interchange and a lack of fear of being "too" anything. just be real. be real and proud. i think that is the basic message of the OP. you are in the ballpark anyway, and all the fools on here who posted "women just want money" are doomed to a hugh-hefner-wannabe existence, and there is nothing sadder than that.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:39 AM

404 posts, read 701,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

As nice and "logical" this might sound, I've been years waiting for it to work.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
word. first of all, let me state that it is hilarious to me that someone claims to have figured out what every woman wants. this sorta reads like one of those pamphlets you can buy in the back of a magazine. you know, one of THOSE magazines.

you do OP, make some good points. i have been wildly attracted to a wide variety of men- if you look at my list of hottest men they are EXTREMELY varied. i think one thing you really missed though, is humor. women LOVE LOVE LOVE to laugh and if you have a great clever sense of humor, that is gonna take you farther than being an alpha male and straight as a flagstaff or whatever it is that you said in that regard. some of that smells a little "sedona" to me. but i get what you are saying.
Oops, right on nighthouse, I missed a key point, HUMOR!!! this is the moment where you hide your MAN and show your KID the purest, most truthful and spontaneous you, when you are a person truthful to yourself, you make others laugh with your energy, it's something magical and spontaneous though, but when you are being the real you (the soul) all the humor, spontaneity and naturality is there, it just flows

Old 01-03-2011, 05:17 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I believe that most people that hasn't gotten the truths contained in this thread is because they are thinking in a shallow level
right. it doesn't have anything to do with your ability to communicate.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
right. it doesn't have anything to do with your ability to communicate.
Could be, It'd be much better to give an example and show how it's done huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships