Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:42 PM

932 posts, read 1,176,895 times

Advertisements

This thread adds more fuel to the fire of me believing that American society is basically fkd up, ignorant and repressed. So now, 2 male friends can't even share a place to save $$$'s, without idiotic, judgmental morons of both genders thinking they're gay? What a crock of bull****. These are the same people who use the word "bromance" if they see 2 guys enjoying lunch together.

This is worse in America than elsewhere. In America, men are forced to be a certain way and wear tent-like shorts to the beach, while women wear whatever. Heck, you idiots probably think I'm gay just for posting this, but I am sick and tired of the social repression of men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 08:16 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,323,347 times
The last time I visited a Wal-Mart...there was more females in the mans section than their own...

I got frustrated, very...and felt intruded upon....

And your right Glasvegas...females are allowed to intrude into the 'male zone' of dress and attire, but males can't do the same without being stigmatized...

Whenver guys come out with styles, all it takes is a female or two wearing it, and then that style becomes 'feminized'...and males can no longer enjoy it...

It seems to be a one way process...

For guys very rarely can 'mascunalize' female attire in the public domain...

As such, males have been forced to stylishly retreat into a smaller and smaller box of fashion...

It frustrates me too...

Same with those long ridiculious shorts...goofy...

It wasn't always like that though...just look at any photo of a guy in shorts from the late 80's on back...Magnum PI tv show...will show the kind of shorts guys use to wear in public...

Some were as short as daisy dukes...

Look at some of the old tennis players or NBA players...

But today, as males, we're forced to wear these gown like, dress like thick shorts to cover up our legs...cause if we don't...than 'we must be gay'...

I feel and hear what your saying Glasvegas...

Old 06-19-2011, 01:18 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasvegas View Post
this thread adds more fuel to the fire of me believing that american society is basically fkd up, ignorant and repressed. So now, 2 male friends can't even share a place to save $$$'s, without idiotic, judgmental morons of both genders thinking they're gay? What a crock of bull****. These are the same people who use the word "bromance" if they see 2 guys enjoying lunch together.

This is worse in america than elsewhere. In america, men are forced to be a certain way and wear tent-like shorts to the beach, while women wear whatever. Heck, you idiots probably think i'm gay just for posting this, but i am sick and tired of the social repression of men.
+1

Old 06-19-2011, 01:50 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,082,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
+1

Couldn't agree more! We have like 3 acceptable hair styles. They invented 3000 for women today and the day ain't over!

We are expected to act certain ways. Accept certain things.

We're all dressing like fat kids from the stocky department!

And it's extremely upsetting to me...because I have magnificent legs! They look good...all...the...way...up!

Old 06-19-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Couldn't agree more! We have like 3 acceptable hair styles. They invented 3000 for women today and the day ain't over!

We are expected to act certain ways. Accept certain things.

We're all dressing like fat kids from the stocky department!

And it's extremely upsetting to me...because I have magnificent legs! They look good...all...the...way...up!
I feel ya...totally...ya have nice legs, and are forced to hide them behind a ridiculious thick veil of fabric known as ankle or calf length shorts...

And if you do show them, by wearing shorts that come above the knees...than others question your 'manhood'...what a shame...

Their your legs...and the 'sexy' phase doesn't last forever...so why not show them and be happy and proud...

As males, we are so denied in that area...it's no fun if only your allowed to look at your own legs in the mirror at night...

It seems the only times males in America are allowed to show their legs anymore is when their like 60 or above...and the sex appeal has long since wore out...how unfair...

Old 06-19-2011, 07:39 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
What's with this "allowed to" stuff? Who do you think is looking at you?

Does anyone really care what anyone else wears, any more?

I must live in a dark hole or something, I had no idea people were so worried about what "other people" think about what they wear or who they live with or eat with. LOL!

Old 06-19-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post
What's with this "allowed to" stuff? Who do you think is looking at you?

Does anyone really care what anyone else wears, any more?

I must live in a dark hole or something, I had no idea people were so worried about what "other people" think about what they wear or who they live with or eat with. LOL!
Do ya not understand the burden that thousands of males share, whom are 'sexy'...but not allowed to show it??

It's a burden many males carry...males are expected to hide their 'sexiness'...or else...

And the 'or else' could be anything from harracement to isolation to being bullied...

Old 06-19-2011, 10:12 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
We tell people to be more responsible and realistic about their finances and then we dog or call them weird for cutting living expenses by getting a roommate?

Old 06-19-2011, 10:22 PM

30,891 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
But you're right. It's more socially acceptable for women to roommate than men. Don't ask me why.
It's because the penalty for being gay is much higher for men than it is for women. Men instinctively know this. Even if they are not gay, many fear even the appearance of it.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:31 PM

30,891 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
They are either gay, or they've learned not to care what people think about them.
Actually it may be both. If you're gay, you have to learn not to care what others think as a matter of survival.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships