U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 07:00 PM

9,400 posts, read 7,618,176 times
Default Where do you meet women?

Bars - I'm under 21
Clubs - See above, also they're loud
Coffee shops - everyone always seems buried in a book or their computer or something
etc

Where have y'all met women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 07:05 PM

17,789 posts, read 16,860,694 times
I'm female, but I certainly remember when I was your age, and there was no shortage of guys hanging around - at both college and work. I can't imagine anyone your age not knowing where to meet girls.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:07 PM

440 posts, read 570,358 times
Looking for men! Where are you! LOL

Old 01-03-2011, 07:13 PM

9,400 posts, read 7,618,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'm female, but I certainly remember when I was your age, and there was no shortage of guys hanging around - at both college and work. I can't imagine anyone your age not knowing where to meet girls.
Yeah there're a ton of women at my college but I commute right now and let's face it, it's a lot harder to get to know a girl or grab her attention when you see her maybe 50 minutes out of the day. Whereas someone living on campus can see her whenever (unless of course she commutes).

Old 01-03-2011, 07:18 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,142,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Bars - I'm under 21
Clubs - See above, also they're loud
Coffee shops - everyone always seems buried in a book or their computer or something
etc

Where have y'all met women?
honestly dude, the store, any store. you could even go to a nice clothing store and meet women. the beach. work. they are all over the place. go to a big shoe store and pretend you work there and help them try on shoes.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:22 PM

7,088 posts, read 6,191,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
honestly dude, the store, any store. you could even go to a nice clothing store and meet women. the beach. work. they are all over the place. go to a big shoe store and pretend you work there and help them try on shoes.
Interesting approach

Old 01-03-2011, 07:27 PM

130 posts, read 176,886 times
Quote:
Creepy approach

Old 01-03-2011, 07:27 PM

2,972 posts, read 3,570,990 times
Do you have time to stay at school? Hang out at the student union or something.

Under 21 live music shows.

Parties.

Study at the campus library?

Start working out at the campus gym, or take some of the fitness classes the gym offers. My university had yoga, flag football, etc.

Really, you are at the prime spot to meet girls, even if you do commute. Do you talk to the girls in your class? If not, start! Then after you had a few conversations, ask her to coffee.

I think your best bet is to find a way to stay on campus longer. It is much easier to engage in a conversation with your student peers, than approaching random girls in parks or coffee shops.

If you think it is hard to meet girls now, wait until you finish college.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:28 PM

2,972 posts, read 3,570,990 times
Quote:

Don't do that.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:30 PM

2,907 posts, read 3,584,740 times
Interestingly enough, the shoe store idea would be a good look to meet women. I mean, women frequent shoe stores 24-7 so why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships