Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 06:20 PM

1,574 posts, read 5,090,558 times

Advertisements

How would you define these terms and how are they different? Because I have been called "cute" by some people, and "sexy" by others...

In the physical context, does "cute" refer more to one's face..whereas "hot" refers more to the body?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 06:27 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,546,805 times
It varies from person to person. It's like debating the difference between handsome and good-looking. They're all good things.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:31 PM

20,058 posts, read 18,219,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
How would you define these terms and how are they different? Because I have been called "cute" by some people, and "sexy" by others...

In the physical context, does "cute" refer more to one's face..whereas "hot" refers more to the body?
Two reasons a man will call a female "cute":

#1-He doesn't want to give away that he thinks you're out of his league in the looks dept.
#2- He really doesn't find you pretty or knocked out good looking, but may find you somewhat attractive.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:32 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,643,876 times
I'd say this chick qualifies as cute:

This chick is pretty

This chick is hot/sexy (not embedded since it's a sexy photo, don't wanna screw over someone who's browsing at work)

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ywilwi.jpg

I'd gladly get intimate with any of the three (the first one does look a little young though, I've just seen her photo a lot all over the internet). I assume my best chances would also be with her, but y'never know...

Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,925,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I'd say this chick qualifies as cute:

This chick is pretty

This chick is hot/sexy (not embedded since it's a sexy photo, don't wanna screw over someone who's browsing at work)

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ywilwi.jpg

I'd gladly get intimate with any of the three (the first one does look a little young though, I've just seen her photo a lot all over the internet). I assume my best chances would also be with her, but y'never know...
Interesting... I'd go with:

1) cute
2) beautiful & sexy
3) cute

Old 01-04-2011, 07:11 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,010,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1000 View Post
Hmmm, this sounds logical in my world. I've never been referred to as hot but I have been told I'm "cute" or "pretty".

Just ONCE I'd like to be smokin' or hot....or smokin' HOT!

Edited to add....
It may have to do with personality too. Some women cannot pull off "sexy" or "hot". Some have a bubbly personality so cute probably fits the personality more so than the looks.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:13 PM

13,562 posts, read 21,314,823 times
It isn't the words but how they are delivered and in the context.

For instance "cute"

"He is cute, we had a nice time tonight". That basically sounds like she had a nice time and he has qualities but he doesn't really rock her world.

Now the word cute again

" whoa look at that guy standing by the pool" "Oh yeah he is soooooooo cute, UGH HUH BABY! And he looks sooooo nice in those shorts." Cute and nice in this sense is really hot or sexy.

The term hot and sexy is always a "oh yeah" good seal of approval.

Or a scenario in my twisted mind combining all is this...

As we are getting back to my place I say."That dress is very pretty, you look pretty."

When we get back to my place and she is taking off that pretty dress I say " oh your bra is cute, like that flowery design"

After that it is all hot and sexy from there because that pretty dress and cute bra are laying on my floor...

Old 01-04-2011, 07:15 PM

24,606 posts, read 55,779,416 times
Cute is more innocent and a little childlike and seems to refer more to the face, while sexy is...well sexy, lol.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:18 PM

19,595 posts, read 20,036,049 times
There was a Newsradio episode that covered this topic rather effectively: lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJRzG0ehg6Y

Old 01-04-2011, 07:19 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,831,893 times
Default The Difference Between "Cute" and "Hot/ Sexy" and "Pretty"

For alpha males the difference:

"Cute" - he'll have sex with you, usually on a weeknight, at your place.

"Hot/ Sexy" - he'll have repeat sex with you and rub his buddies noses in it.

"Pretty" - he may want to marry you, if he can't come to an alternate long term exclusive
arrangement.

Just a sub average week for such men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships