Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 03:47 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Marriage is suppose to be a LIFETIME Commitment between two people. It's suppose to be an expression of love in its ultimate form that 2 people care and are loyal.

This culture has lost that sense. Marriage is like the new relationship. All it does is create a financial situation if you guys want to split. It really is a waste of time to get married for both male in female. 60% of marriages experience infidelity. We all know what the figures so there's no point in reposting them.

Like seriously people especially women leave marriages for the dumbest reasons.My wife is fat. My husband works all the time to take care of me and my selfish behind and I want to leave him???? The sex isn't what it used to be.

I mean the concept should just be taken out of our society completely solely. IMO..
Welcome to the world of Marriage 2.0. These pretty much cover what's wrong with modern marriage:

Don’t Marry

http://weddedabyss.wordpress.com/2009/09/27/marriage20/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 06:43 PM

2,631 posts, read 7,013,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Welcome to the world of Marriage 2.0. These pretty much cover what's wrong with modern marriage:

Don’t Marry

Tying the Knot in the Age of Marriage 2.0 « Wedded Abyss
Honestly this article makes me feel alot better about my personal situation.

Marriage was a foundation to build families on. It provided a more stable society now all it does is drive good men and women men insane.

Old 01-14-2011, 06:16 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Marriage is definately something that serious thought should be given to before the knot is tyed. A marriage can work and be a long lasting love affair..but your partner must be chosen very carefully.I think people should live together for a while first so that can realize what is involved in a marriage and then decide if the commitment is something they want to make. To stay married involves a desire to love, and please your partner while at the same time being courteous , respectful, and honest about each others feelings.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:07 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Marriage is suppose to be a LIFETIME Commitment between two people. It's suppose to be an expression of love in its ultimate form that 2 people care and are loyal.

This culture has lost that sense. Marriage is like the new relationship. All it does is create a financial situation if you guys want to split. It really is a waste of time to get married for both male in female. 60% of marriages experience infidelity. We all know what the figures so there's no point in reposting them.

Like seriously people especially women leave marriages for the dumbest reasons.My wife is fat. My husband works all the time to take care of me and my selfish behind and I want to leave him???? The sex isn't what it used to be.

I mean the concept should just be taken out of our society completely solely. IMO..
Says who?

So basically what you're saying is that 40% of all marriages resulted in a loyal, lifetime partnerships. And, quite frankly, if you're not a gibbering idiot when choosing your partner, those odds are far higher. So, I think the chances are pretty good.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:45 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
In today's climate there is absolutely no point in getting married.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:47 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
marriage makes alota sense, if you had the good sense to get a prenup b4.
marriage is great its the divorce sunami that is a cancer on our society.
prenups would reduce divorce and probably improve marriage and family and may i dare say reduce prison population?

Old 05-04-2012, 07:07 PM

44 posts, read 75,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
marriage makes alota sense......
you can't make a statement like that without backing it up as to why you believe. Please, go on, as to why.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:14 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
Marriage is a distinct union of the desire for true love, the finding of it and the courage to make a life decision based upon it. It speaks to something in the best part the human spirit. Therefore,

The desire for marriage may wane in this society, but the institution of marriage will never die.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsnez View Post
you can't make a statement like that without backing it up as to why you believe. Please, go on, as to why.
a bit off topic no? but i will take the bait.
i thought u would never ask. the foundation block of society is family--- family does not mean 1 parent household. it means 2 adults pulling together to raise those kids. when we did no fault, divorce skyrocketed. sure women have better separation pay for their time in the marriage, but what happened to the kids? a nose dive, highest prison population on earth.
not so before no fault. we need marriage, real marriage these kids are utterly unprepared for the mean streets they now must face and we are to blame our own selfishness. we denied them nothing material. gave them all money could buy. but we denied them discipline, obediance and respect for authority, the priceless gift of the greatest generation. an amends is due.
best step towards reducing divorce is a prenup. with that in place the easy out and a fat check to get a fresh start is no longer an option. walking away from marriage is just too easy.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 05-05-2012 at 02:05 PM..

Old 05-05-2012, 02:12 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,167,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Says who?

So basically what you're saying is that 40% of all marriages resulted in a loyal, lifetime partnerships. And, quite frankly, if you're not a gibbering idiot when choosing your partner, those odds are far higher. So, I think the chances are pretty good.
40 pct may be amongst loyal partners but it doesnt mean that people arent miserable for other reasons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships