U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 06:13 AM

2,632 posts, read 5,913,460 times

Advertisements

Marriage is suppose to be a LIFETIME Commitment between two people. It's suppose to be an expression of love in its ultimate form that 2 people care and are loyal.

This culture has lost that sense. Marriage is like the new relationship. All it does is create a financial situation if you guys want to split. It really is a waste of time to get married for both male in female. 60% of marriages experience infidelity. We all know what the figures so there's no point in reposting them.

Like seriously people especially women leave marriages for the dumbest reasons.My wife is fat. My husband works all the time to take care of me and my selfish behind and I want to leave him???? The sex isn't what it used to be.

I mean the concept should just be taken out of our society completely solely. IMO..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 06:21 AM

1,882 posts, read 2,843,864 times
you are RIGHT. why, the next person who gets married should be ARRESTED. lets end this whole concept right now, which has existed since a long, long freaking time ago. why, i am offended even thinking about all those non-virgins in white dresses, walking through a church in front of god and everybody, just stinking up the place with all that happiness, and THE NERVE! of PEOPLE! to DIVORCE! i mean, people should be FORCED TO STAY MARRIED. it would be like jail, but cheaper!

you know what the problem with society today is? all these PEOPLE. with their free wills and their capacity for making mistakes and just going around acting like PEOPLE! it should be outlawed!!

: /

Old 01-05-2011, 06:40 AM

1,177 posts, read 1,938,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Marriage is suppose to be a LIFETIME Commitment between two people. It's suppose to be an expression of love in its ultimate form that 2 people care and are loyal.

This culture has lost that sense. Marriage is like the new relationship. All it does is create a financial situation if you guys want to split. It really is a waste of time to get married for both male in female. 60% of marriages experience infidelity. We all know what the figures so there's no point in reposting them.

Like seriously people especially women leave marriages for the dumbest reasons.My wife is fat. My husband works all the time to take care of me and my selfish behind and I want to leave him???? The sex isn't what it used to be.

I mean the concept should just be taken out of our society completely solely. IMO..
i was in a bad marriage for 18 years and i hated it. i've been in a good marriage now for 5 years(plus 3 years of shacking up) and i LOVE it. i'm glad i'm married. if there was no marriage what would all of those divorce attorney's do for a living?

Old 01-05-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
i was in a bad marriage for 18 years and i hated it. i've been in a good marriage now for 5 years(plus 3 years of shacking up) and i LOVE it. i'm glad i'm married. if there was no marriage what would all of those divorce attorney's do for a living?
Be a marriage counselor.

Old 01-05-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthouse66 View Post
you are RIGHT. why, the next person who gets married should be ARRESTED. lets end this whole concept right now, which has existed since a long, long freaking time ago. why, i am offended even thinking about all those non-virgins in white dresses, walking through a church in front of god and everybody, just stinking up the place with all that happiness, and THE NERVE! of PEOPLE! to DIVORCE! i mean, people should be FORCED TO STAY MARRIED. it would be like jail, but cheaper!

you know what the problem with society today is? all these PEOPLE. with their free wills and their capacity for making mistakes and just going around acting like PEOPLE! it should be outlawed!!

: /
NO No I'm wrong...PEOple should get married and spend tons of money on a wedding and make a life long commitment in a church to be faithful but then sleep around with everyone they know spreading STIS!!!!!!!

PEOPLE should have 2..no better 4 kids the more the merrier and then when they are not happy because life isn't perfect they should split. I EXPECT...to be making 8 figures have a wife thats perfect in every way and if she's not making me dinner, cleaning the house, losing weight, washing my drawers, working herself I'm going to leave her for another women.

Its only fair since she expects me to satisfy her sexual needs every single day...give her attention..but not to much... spend time at work making lots of money and stay at home at the same time.

You KNOW I'm wrong. HECK I'm going to get hitched right now for life and when the going gets tough call it quits!!

Thanks for the sarcasm.

Serious note

It's funny people claim to be religous...but they cheat on their spouse because they don't get enough attention.

Marriage is commitment to god and your significant other so when you give up easily...its hyprocritical.

I feel like Marriage should be taken seriously maybe I have been living in reality to wrong..

Old 01-05-2011, 08:42 AM

5,077 posts, read 13,072,069 times
I agree to a certain degree that the last generation, or so have not and do not take marriage seriously and it's because it's SO easy to just give up and give in. It's almost like people don't want to work for it anymore... <sigh> I still do believe somewhat in marriage though, the concept of being with the love of your life until death do you part is still a romantic notion for me. even though I did swear off marriage. For the right partner if I knew it would be a lifelong partnership and my partner was fully committed, I'd do it again.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 AM

6,662 posts, read 26,322,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
,,,,It's funny people claim to be religous...but they cheat on their spouse because they don't get enough attention.

Marriage is commitment to god and your significant other so when you give up easily...its hyprocritical. ,,,..
Heck, when I did go to church was where all the hook ups were.

Marriage has been confused ever since the government has been involved selling licenses for. My wife and I probably never would have got married except my insurance would only cover her as my wife.
We did not marry in a church, we went before the judge.

There is supposed to be a separation of church and state, but the church has had their feet deep in this for centuries.
Without marriage my wife could not say what to do with my remains in death. It would be up to my parents or brother or even children.

What is even more amazing. Many spouses will divorce because in a matter of high hospital bill a families fortune will be destroyed in days. Easier to divorce and quick claim all possessions to the healthy and let medicare and the state take care of the bill. This is happening a lot.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:21 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,892,849 times
taxes

Old 01-05-2011, 09:22 AM

25,906 posts, read 36,360,192 times
Thanks for setting me straight! I guess I better divorce my husband right away, since you don't believe in marriage.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:30 AM

1,077 posts, read 3,148,186 times
Plain it on very stupid young adults that want to grow up so fast and make a scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or