Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 06:53 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Potato View Post
Definitely a burly guy with a bit of sensitivity

I like that my man opens jars (and gets grumbly when I open them myself) and wears flannel, but I also love that he talks to me and actually pays attention to the things that bother me (or make me happy, depending on the situation).

And that he cleans up nice and knows how to wash dishes and vacuum.

Is that a type?
I like that women are open about what they want in their men. It's hard to believe that men, in some cases, don't see it. To be honest, once upon a time ago I didn't either.

so what I'm gathering so far is that women like men who know what they want and are vocal about it, listen and are sensitive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 07:10 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I prefer my husband, who doesn't fit into any of those categories.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:17 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,703 times
OK, Julia, enlighten us. How would you describe your husband?

Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,974 times
Tip for the guys: If you are the big and burley type, wear a hockey goalies mask when lugging around the chainsaw. This seems to drive the girls wild. I can not tell you how many girls I have got using this technique.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post
OK, Julia, enlighten us. How would you describe your husband?
Do I have to only use the categories listed? If so, I'd describe him as two parts Nerd, one part Burly, and one part Greaser. He's a computer programmer with geeky tendencies but not shy with women, strong and manly but not hairy or gruff, and tattooed and mechanical but not a chauvinist. He's zero part pretty boy--although he does get his eyebrows trimmed when he gets his hair cut.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:51 AM

203 posts, read 511,672 times
I have met my ideal man. 6'00, broad shoulders, not six pack abs, but strong shoulders, arms, forearms..slim hipped..wears his Levi's VERY well. Does not wear baggy pants, ugh. Just a casual man, he's a crane operator by trade..sweet as hell, great smile and eyes, smart, and gives great bear hugs.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:54 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
my type is not up there.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:59 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
I don't care about big or burly or nerdy or even pretty. I am attracted to a lot of different looks, but when it comes to personality I am attracted to a combination of wit, I like a man who can laugh, intelligence because I like discussing all kinds of topics and issues, and sensitivity. My man has to understand me and care about my psychological and emotional needs.

My SO is very good looking but that wasn't what attracted me to him. It was his sense of humour, his ability to articulate his thoughts, his intelligence and a soft gooey centre.

He can open any lid, go shopping with me and love it, get his hands dirty fixing a car while using foul language AND he treats me right.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I don't care about big or burly or nerdy or even pretty. I am attracted to a lot of different looks, but when it comes to personality I am attracted to a combination of wit, I like a man who can laugh, intelligence because I like discussing all kinds of topics and issues, and sensitivity. My man has to understand me and care about my psychological and emotional needs.

My SO is very good looking but that wasn't what attracted me to him. It was his sense of humour, his ability to articulate his thoughts, his intelligence and a soft gooey centre.

He can open any lid, go shopping with me and love it, get his hands dirty fixing a car while using foul language AND he treats me right.
Mine too ... well, except maybe the shopping. He's not a shopper unless we're in Best Buy and he wants to pet all the electronics. "Can we take this one home, can we can we can we PLEASE?"

My husband is witty and funny and smart and understands me. I can be myself with him. He laughs at my dumb jokes and I laugh at his. I always remembered him for his good nature and how well we got along, not because he was a tattooed bad boy or whatever nonsense the PUAs believe.

He does have a gooey center.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:10 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
My wife stated in her Personal Ad that she wanted......."a cowboy with a boat". Well, I was a rodeo cowboy and I loved boats/boating, but didn't have a boat (we have a boat now, but the rodeo days are gone). So, she got what she wanted, PLUS.........I love cooking and I can clean the home (my mom was no fool, she had me help her with dishes and things like that). She wanted a Christian type man and got that as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships